- Dave Martin <email@example.com>
- Shawn Guo <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Thomas Abraham <email@example.com>
- Linus Walleij <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Per Forlin <email@example.com>
- Jason Hui
- Nicolas Pitre
Dave Martin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- vexpress device tree: progressing, but some delay due to coordinating with the activities of other ARM people
- v6/v7 single kernel Thumb-2 undef fixup patches: currently waiting for Russell/Arnd to comment
- Fixing some Thumb-2 related randconfig errors reported by Arnd:
- pxa/pj4/iwmmxt uses non-Thumb-2-compatible code: waiting for feedback (probably needs a Marvell expert to comment)
- tegra2 uses non-Thumb-2-compatible code: waiting for feedback.
- Started writing up Thumb-2 kernel porting advice.
- Complete and post advice for Thumb-2 kernel migration.
- Integrate vexpress DT contributions and post.
- Follow up on Thumb-2 randconfig problems.
- Check whether the new kernel trees work in Thumb-2 on mx51evk and follow up with Freescale landing team.
- [dave-martin-arm] Update previously-posted patches to work with current upstream: DONE
- [dave-martin-arm] Merge other contributors' does: INPROGRESS
Shawn Guo <email@example.com>
- Posted the first version of imx6q patch series. Arnd criticized the clock code for not using device tree for probing the clock data. However, this can only be done when the clock framework and common clock device tree binding are available, and unfortunately these two things are still up in the air without a specified time for being ready.
- With the debugging clue from Russell, imx6q suspend support now can work with generic cpu_suspend/resume without needing to flush entire L2 cache.
- Ask people's opinion about accepting imx6q patch series without waiting for clock framework and common clock device tree binding.
Thomas Abraham <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Submitted device tree support patches for Exynos4 keypad controller driver.
- Re-based pl330 dma controller device tree on top of pl330 driver updated patches and tested it.
- Resubmit device tree support patches for pl330 dma controller and keypad driver with changes suggested during review.
- Resubmit device tree support patches for uart, i2c and sdhci after removing dependency on platform data.
- Submit device tree enabled board file for smdkv310 and origen boards.
- Was on leave on 9th September.
Linus Walleij <email@example.com>
Helped trying to get device tree up on U8500. Discovered that appended device tree patches are not working for us, triangulated and confirmed that it does not work on the RealView PB1176 either. Root tree nodes return NULL.
- Various small patches to the Integrator to keep my sanity.
- v7 (Janitor) iteration of the pinctrl + pinmux subsystem
- Third round around the gpio.h cleanups.
- Test the PL08x patches on the Ericsson Research PB11MPCore and submit platform data for using pl08x DMA on that platform.
- Drive generalization of U300 and Nomadik GPIO
- Get into struct clk generalization and movement of clk drivers into drivers/clk
- Watch the DBx500 PRCMU drivers update
- Appended device trees does not work for us. Maybe we need to fix U-Boot instead so we can use the same approach as everyone else. Since our U-Boot is a 2009 snapshot, this will require some effort.
- Shanghaiied for internal advisory at ST-Ericsson for say 13% of working hours last week.
Per Forlin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- sent out bug fixes concerning mmc non-blocking changes
- "mmc: clarifications on host.post_req" (not reviewed)
"mmc: omap_hsmmc: DMA unmap only once in case of MMC error" (rejected). Bug is fixed by another patch http://marc.info/?l=linux-mmc&m=131490406920616&w=2
- Last week on Linaro
- send out v4 patch-set for the i.mx5/mm clean up and consolidation,
- the nand mtd patches enter linux-next.
- one minor patch fix for the slub cache document.
- code preparation for i.MX6 u-boot upstream.
- Need Deepak to push Arwen to send me the Q4 connect invitation letter.
- 11.11 task
- i.MX6Q (4 Cortex-A9 cores SMP) u-boot upstream preparation.
- Off on Sept 5th (Labor Day).
- Sent RMK a pull request for the big series removing most mach/memory.h instances, including all the needed prerequisites
- Reviewed Thumb2 compatibility patches for Marvell PJ4 from dmart
- Experimented with the new Kbuild vdir facility from Arnaud Lacombe, hoping to clean up the zImage DTB append patch series with it. Unfortunately it doesn't work for this particular case without more changes which are becoming a bit too numerous for my taste, so dropped this idea for now.
- Review of the per SoC descriptor patch series from Marc Zyngier
- More review of the ARM kprobes test code from Tixy
- Started work on the vmalloc.h removal
WorkingGroups/KernelArchived/ActivityReports/2011-09-09 (last modified 2013-01-14 19:36:37)