- Thomas Abraham <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Deepak Saxena <email@example.com>
- Per Forlin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Shawn Guo <email@example.com>
- Nicolas Pitre <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Tixy <email@example.com>
- Linus Walleij <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Jason Hui <email@example.com>
- john stultz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Arnd Bergmann
- Dave Martin
- Jason Hui
- John Stultz
- Manjunath Kondaiah
- Mounir Bsaibes
- Nicolas Pitre
- Niklas Hernaeus
- Paul McKenney
- Per Forlin
- Shawn Guo
- Thomas Abraham
- Venkatraman Sathiyamoorthy
Thomas Abraham <email@example.com>
- Submitted pl330 DMA driver device tree support patches for review.
- Samsung's uart irq handling patches that move irq handling from platform code to driver is accepted in Greg's tty tree.
- Submit second version of pl330 DMA driver dt patches.
- Submit gpio and pinctrl dt support patches for Exynos4.
- Was on leave on 29th August.
Deepak Saxena <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Wrote kernel process overview for August member update
- Lots of 1:1s
* Complete reviews for IBM folks (Arnd, John)
- Started thinking about post 11.11 tasks
Plans for This Week
- 1:1s, regularly scheduled meetings
- Follow up with Nicolas P. on zImage consolidation task list
- Develop BPs and specs for kernel CI loop
Upcoming Travel/Time Off
- Linux Plumber's Conf Sept 7-9
- PTO Sept. 12th/13th, 26th/27th
- Tentative travel to ELC-E/LinuxCon-E Oct 26-28
- Linaro Connect Oct 31st - Nov 4
Per Forlin <email@example.com>
- Started work on kexec for snowball, large block size and upgrade snowball u-boot patches to 2011-v6.
- bug fixing dma and mmc in linux 3.1
- wrap up kexec and u-boot upgrade for snowball
- only 7 days left in Linaro, 2 days in week 35 and 5 days in week 37
Shawn Guo <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Brought up i.mx6q SMP support
- Added the support of ARM Dormant/Shutdown mode on i.mx6q
- A v3.1-rc2 and device tree based kernel is running on i.mx6q
- Sort the clock code out and start submitting i.mx6q series
Nicolas Pitre <email@example.com>
- NR_IRQS consolidation/removal patch series (from svenkatr)
- MMU disabling code and kexec fixes (from Will Daecon)
change from backtrace to dump_stack_regs in show_regs (from Laura Abbott)
Rebased and resubmitted my patch to get rid of a few StrongARM cache-related build time constants (prerequisite to another patch series removing most instances of <mach/memory.h>)
Continued work on removal of <mach/vmalloc.h>, explored ways to ddynamically set VMALLOC_START at run time. Nothing satisfactory so far.
Linaro kernel maintenance
- Merged those fixes:
- Fix Thumb-2 undef handling for multi-CPU kernels
- EXYNOS4: Add restart hook for proper reboot
- Posted a patch to fix jprobes on Thumb kernels then realised that this was insufficient. There is a more basic problem with thumb symbol lookup which needs resolving.
- Finished preparing and posted kprobes test code to the linux-arm-kernel list.
- Improved my flash performance use case an simulation programs to provide details of timings so that simulation accuracy can be mor easily judged.
- Ran more combinations of flash performance use cases.
- Single zImage work: The patches "Remove define CONSISTENT_DMA_SIZE" were pulled by RMK for inclusion in Linux 3.2.
- Write up current results for flash performance investigation.
- On holiday Sept 2nd, start new job in Linaro after that.
- I don't know if I will have enough time to resolve the thumb symbol lookup issue.
- If kprobes test code doesn't get accepted into mainline kernel then we need to find another home for it.
Linus Walleij <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Pushed out v5 of the pinctrl/pinmux subsystem: http://marc.info/?l=linux-arm-kernel&m=131460922230406&w=2 addressed numerous review comments and likely creating new noise, there is no end to the fun :-D
- Russell merged the bulk of gpio.h cleanup patches from Linaro Connect, iterating the remaining pieces that collide with other subtrees.
Put PrimeCell magic consolidation patch into Russells tracker for consideration.
- Got new ARM Integrator core modules from Philippe at ARM - now I can test and maintain Integrator a bit more.
- Discussed a standardized secure world interface following Russells remark that this is very needed, send off a
- suggestion to Rusling to poke the ARM Global Platform assignees and the TSC about doing something about this through Global Platform.
- v6 iteration of the pinctrl + pinmux subsystem
- Third round around the gpio.h cleanups.
- Test the PL08x patches on the Ericsson Research PB11MPCore and submit platform data for using pl08x DMA on that platform.
- Drive generalization of U300 and Nomadik GPIO
- Get into struct clk generalization and movement of clk drivers into drivers/clk - handover from Jeremy Kerr. We will do this in Cambridge or something like that.
- Watch the DBx500 PRCMU drivers update
* Shanghaiied for internal advisory at ST-Ericsson for say 25% of working hours last week.
Jason Hui <email@example.com>
- i.MX code clean up and consolidation: patch-set has been merged to soc tree through Sascha pull request. Jason Liu (6):
- ARM: mx25: Print silicon revision on boot ARM: mx27: Print silicon revision on boot ARM: mx31: use generic function for displaying silicon revision ARM: mx35: use generic function for displaying silicon revision ARM: mx5: use generic function for displaying silicon revision ARM: i.MX: initialize l2x0 at early_init time
- The following patch-set has been send out for review: Jason Liu (2):
- ARM: i.MX5/mm: Consolidate arch/arm/mach-mx5/mm-*.c ARM: i.MX5/mm: use static mapping for TZIC
MTD core bug fix: https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/8/24/143
- 11.11 task
- 1:1 with Deepak
- uboot upstream
- kernel upstream
john stultz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Did an IBM internal presentation on Android and how Linaro is helping
- Worked on my Kconfig talk for Linux Plumbers.
- Implemented the proposed config tooling for config fragments, as discussed in my Kconfig talk.
- Did Beagle XM testing for the 11.08-rc Android Platform Images.
- Made final 11.08 linaro+android kernel, and managed to push it properly through Gerrit
- Pinged Ingo about patches for 3.1 I sent to tglx, which haven't yet been merged.
* On vacation until Linux Plumbers Conf. Will effectively be out for the next two weeks.
- Number of patches queued for 3.1 still haven't been pulled into -tip because of Thomas being offline. Concerned they might not make the 3.1 release while I'm out of town.
WorkingGroups/KernelArchived/ActivityReports/2011-08-27 (last modified 2013-01-14 19:31:28)