- Anand Gadiyar
- Aneesh V
- Arnd Bergmann
- Dave Martin
- Jason Lui
- Jeremy Kerr
- John Stultz
- Mian Yousaf Kaukab
- Mounir Bsaibes
- Nicolas Pitre
- Nishant Kamat
- Paul McKenney
- Per Forlin
- Sanjeev Premi
- Shawn Guo
- Thomas Abraham
- item 1
- item 2
- Reviewed drivers: MEI, cg2900, 23c2510, spear13xx-pcie
- Continued guiding the graduation of the IIO drivers from staging
- Discussed about DRM features for SD cards
- Integrated results from flashbench-results mailing list into wiki
== hardware-n-kernel-standard-architecture ==
- Put out an RFC regarding how VFP/NEON state should be represented in core files. Agreed with Ulrich Weigand that there should be a new note, with structure matching that yielded by the PTRACE_GETVFPREGS call.
== miscellaneous ==
- Some time spent helping work around network issues in the Linaro Cambridge office. Set up a fallback DNS/DHCP server in case of a repeat of the router failures observed previously.
- Some time spent helping Dave Pigott get up to speed.
- Set up an iMX53 loco board in the Linaro Cambridge office.
- Some more time spent dealing with ARM internal issues.
- iMX53 loco boards can't auto-power-on, which is a problem
- for the validation farm. ericm and the Freecale guys are investigating possible workarounds.
Work on the six step as Grant shows in the link: http://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/devicetree-discuss/2011-March/005024.html, for the uboot part, I have already mailine it for i.mx51 babbage board. As for other part, work is in progress I will send the whole patch set to grant soon
- Some uboot patch upstream for bug fix which reported by FSL linaro landing team.
mx53loco: set mmc env to MMC slot1: http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2011-March/089000.html
fsl_esdhc: Fix multi-block read restriction on i.MX53 eSDHCv2: http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2011-March/089023.html
- Kernel patch upstream for dmabounce bug fix.
- Cache coherency issue analysis and fix for i.mx51 SDIO driver.
== Highlights ==
- Worked on my Android ELC presentation
- CLOCK_BOOTTIME was merged into 2.6.39
- Released initial omap4 defconfig for Linaro Android kernel
- Reviewed PTP patchset on lkml
- Assisting another team with customer NTP issue.
- Identified and resolved a RTC regression with Xen
- Discussed issues surrounding the new direction of the RTC drivers
== Issues ==
- Still have the config work that is getting pinched for time. May need some extra assistance with those work items.
Mian Yousaf Kaukab
- Meetings: setup agenda, summarized minutes, collected activity reports, created the Weekly Status report.
- Reviewed the bugs, assigned Importance
- Reviewed Blueprints and followed out on items behind schedule
- Power Management PM activities
- Toolchain PM activities
Upstream oriented activities
- Review/comments on Jon Medhurst's (aka Tixy) initial kprobes patches for Thumb2.
- Discussion on LKML about board specific quirks applied to generic USB drivers, that originated from a set of RFC patches from Andy Green. A solution involving two fronts was found which should improve ethernet configuration on the Panda and similar boards.
- Final review of John Bonesio's patch to append a DTB to kernel zImage.
- More tracking of merge progress in mainline during the merge window.
Linaro kernel activities
- Briefly discussed LTTng issues. Modules will be separately built. Still waiting a bit more before merging LTTng for OMAP4 fixes.
- Rebuilt the linaro-2.6.38 branch from scratch, and propose it to replace the current kernel tree. This includes:
- Linux v2.6.38
- RMK's branches for mainline (devel, devel-stable, for-linus, etc.)
- Latest USB, MMC, I2C, MFD, and async_tx support from mainline
- Latest merges for OMAP, MSM, Tegra, (available outside of RMK's branches)
- The v184.108.40.206 stable branch
- OMAP fixes for I2C and SMC95xx MAC/dev_name
- More minor fixes.
- Attended TSC meeting in Bangalore
- Pushed several more license approvals through the process.
- -next testing located a bug in RCU priority boosting, which I am working.
mmc async (optimizations for dma)
Tuned DT (http://www.scsifaq.org/RMiller_Tools/dt.html) together with fault generation in order to test error handling in mmc async implementation
- Fix bugs in mmc async implementation (ongoing)
- Extended trim test cases with secure erase and trim but write performance (after trim) is still not as high as expected. I probably need to go over the eMMC spec again to find my mistakes.
Squash sdhci-pltfm-driver-self-registration series which becomes one patch of sdhci-pltfm&OF-driver-consolidation series
- Sent a fec dt patch to fix build failure with pure non-dt kernel
- Tested dtb-append patch v3 from John Bonesio on mx51 babbage and found non-dt kernel works fine, but dt kernel fails
- Reviewed and tested fec improving patch from Lothar
- Submitted a basic device tree patch for smdkv310 board for inclusion in smdkv310 hardware pack
Submitted second version of prerequisite patchset for device tree support on s5pv310 (http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-samsung-soc/msg04439.html)
- Working on adding device tree based clock lookup code (based on of_clock_add_provider)
WorkingGroups/KernelArchived/ActivityReports/2011-03-25 (last modified 2013-01-14 19:45:28)