Parent


Attendees

  • Aditya Sharma (Samsung)
  • Bill Mills (TI)
  • Christian Bejram - ST Ericsson
  • David Rusling (CTO, Linaro)
  • Jon Masters (LEG Representative, Red Hat)
  • Kate Stewart (Product Manager, Linaro)
  • Mark Hambleton (Broadcom)
  • Nataraja K Muniyappa (LG Electronics)
  • Roger Teague (ARM)
  • Takehisa Katayama (Fujitsu)

Guest Attendees

  • Matt Gretton-Dann
  • Fathi
  • Vishal

Apologies

  • George Grey (CEO, Linaro)
  • Takehisa Katayama (Fujitsu)
  • Ziang Hu (Huawei)

Information

Agenda

Minutes

  • Builds and Baselines
    • Roger
      • CARD 619 - should be members only designated - not on public roadmap
      • CARD 620 - should be members only designated - not on pulbic roadmap
    • Discussion on future Android work - redacted
    • Chrome swim lane - not been asked by TSC to play with Chrome. To what extent is covered in Linaro right now - not really right now.
      • ACTION: David / Kate - Discussion on Chrome for Dublin (fits with mobile roadmap)
    • Nataraja: Long Term Supported Kernel - Alignment with Android? ACTION: Kate / Dave to circulate.
    • Mark (Broadcom): Need Linaro tree for big.LITTLE - John Stultz, Vishal - need to reference LSK. 3.9 based is expected. Merge of two thing on it.
      • ACTION: Need to get Broadcom alignment on LSK for Android before it goes into vote. Blocker.
    • CARD-212 - driven by LEG, description is wrong, needs wordsmithing.
      • big.LITTLE tests for IKS/system and MP have been ported and executed for OpenEmbedded CI loop. The test source is members-only. -- description is wrong.

        • ACTION: Fathi: fix the description “big.LITTLE IKS being ported to v8”.
    • David - given our use of open embedded / Yocto is rising, should Linaro join Yocto / Linux Foundation?
      • TSC comments about joining: Jon - +1 on joining, Bill - strongly for it.
      • Carried. ACTION: David to contact Jim Zemlin, come back with details etc
    • OpenJDK - CARD-520 - Arndale boards...
      • ACTION: JON to take back to LEG-SC, pinging Ilias for polishing. Highbank/Arndale aren’t ARMv8.
    • Fedora. Jon. Build packages vs. build / assemble an image - is a source of confusion. The packages are pre-built, the images are assembled.
      • ACTION: 591 - Jon to do some wordsmithing.
      • ACTION: Kate to work with Jon to add Fedora 20 and add to roadmap. Need public link to point to.
      • SUMMARY: needs fixing before going for a formal vote.
    • Android
      • ACTION: Fathi: Add planning card for Linaro stable kernel lane in Android.
    • Ubuntu
      • Single zImage - when being done? More general than Ubuntu - should go to baseline lane?
  • Android roadmap
    • Narrow down to Android specific:
    • ARM: Needs to get input. Things are wrong. CARD-197 - needs to be redrafted. Public. Bring in EPIC, role out UEFI - infrastructure in tooling.
    • ACTION: Kate, Khasim, Jakub - get new version drafted, loop back with ARM and with Grant Likely. CARD-197 is misleading. More generally available.
    • Fastboot - basically ok, needs wordsmithing.
    • ISSUE: Failure to loop back and get further input on CARD-197. (198 looks okay to Roger)
    • Android UEFI - 638 needs to be revisited. Information sharing is needed from ARM.
    • Mark: want to see pulling into 1 roadmap?
      • All patches appropriately available and discuss.
      • Swim lanes, mobile view.
      • Roger: Rich tapestry we call Android... what happens if start to do work on Chrome?
        • Suggestion to use Rod Crawford’s diagrams - how the pieces fit together. Mixing in other projects.
        • Mobile, swim lanes for each project?
        • ACTION: Discuss this in Dublin - how represent world.
    • SUMMARY: needs fixing before a formal vote
  • Toolchain
    • Should be look at A7 in optimizations. CARD-170. Treating as member request.
    • Matt
      • https://wiki.linaro.org/WorkingGroups/ToolChain/GNUToolchainSandM/EngineeringRequirements

      • Boards being used to test - further input.
        • Allwinner 831 - CortexA7 - question about it running standard distro, rather than just Android.

        • TC2 - more expensive.
      • Live FSF and Linaro - daily build and tests. Community to get involved. Fix bugs as found.
      • Rob Savoy hired to work on the GNU test suite, fix bugs
      • Bill (TI) Want to see performance regression on CortexA8

        • ACTION: Kate & Matt - work with Bill for suggestions on the Cortex-A8.

      • Native build - 3 step bootstrap is a compiler test.
      • It's a 24 hour cycle. Must have test results in 24 hours, and analyze in 24, want to make sure upstream is still interested. 48 hour window - help fixing.
      • ACTION: Roger / ARM work with Kate / matt off-line
  • AOB
    • Connect committee schedules - David - will circulate a proposal

TSC/2013-05-29 (last modified 2013-06-04 12:18:41)