Parent


Attendees

  • David Rusling (CTO, Linaro)
  • Christian Bejram (ST Ericsson)
  • Aditya Sharma (Samsung)
  • Mark Hambleton (Broadcom)
  • Kate Stewart (Product Management, Linaro)
  • Roger Teague (ARM)
  • Nataraja K Muniyappa (LG Electronics)
  • Takehisa Katayama (Fujitsu)
  • Bill Mills (TI)
  • Jon Masters (LEG Representative, Red Hat)
  • Bernie (Huawei)

Guest Attendees

  • Serge Broslavsky (Linaro)
  • George Grey (CEO, Linaro)
  • Mark Orvek (Linaro)
  • Alan Bennett (Linaro)
  • Tyler Baker (Linaro)

Apologies Sent

  • Amit Kucheria (Linaro)
  • Ziang Hu (Huawei)

Information

Minutes

  • Actions from prior meeting (Dave)
    • Meeting time shift - all done, should now be 2pm BST
    • Formal votes on tools support and Graphics roadmap
      • Failed to send tools and support for vote, will do today - ACTION - Kate
      • Graphics vote stalled after ARM raised questions on some of the topics
        • Will handle these in OPSCOM.
        • ACTION: David to make proposal following the meeting with ARM
  • IKS
    • Code released between meetings
    • Formal vote called
    • Results (adjusted for core having 2 votes):
      • Yes - 9
      • No - 0
      • Abstain - 2
    • Will now ask engineering to release and upstream the code
  • Roadmap sign offs (Kate)
    • LAVA (Alan)
      • Internal/TSC/DraftRoadmaps/LAVA

      • Aditya - how are you planning multi-node LAMP testing? How will you configure the hardware?
        • Aditya - are you planning to use some software to configure the node and then deliver the hardware? Will you be using MOSS?
          • Alan - we're using SALT and OpenStack for larger system configuration deployment

          • Tyler - the LAVA job dispatcher will be used mostly, but with multi-node
        • Bill - if we're going to test multi-node, why don't we use the same mechanisms as real customers use?
          • ACTION: take a harder look at CARD 367
        • Jon - we pushed for this approach, so we're all behind this.
        • Aditya - now we're moving towards LLVM? Anything changed within the roadmap or will this change.
          • Roger - what about the buildbot integration
        • Aditya - what about GP GPU?
          • Dave - this will be driven by the Graphics and Multimedia work group
        • Bill - does this include the infrastructure changes?
          • Yes.
            • Bill - fine from a team point of view, but need to ensure that we don't create a walled garden.
        • Bernie - is there any plan in the future for the members to provide introductory training
          • Dave - we will be doing a test and validation summit at Connect, Dublin, including training and workshops
        • Nataraja - we put a lot of feedback into LAVA, but cannot see it here on the roadmap
          • Kate - ACTION: set up a meeting to align
          • Bill - can we define a method?
            • Kate - using a spreadsheet, this will be published regularly
              • Need to think about developer input
                • ACTION: Kate to suggest a method for developer input
      • Roger - can we leverage more Cortex-A15 hardware?
        • Bill - TI will be contributing more boards with Cortex-A15
        • Send any hardware suggestions to Kate
      • Suggest that we have a formal vote - ACTION: David to circulate a vote
    • Power Management (ARM)
      • Internal/TSC/DraftRoadmaps/PowerMangementWG

        • Card 190 does not reflect the work being undertaken and is out of date
        • Suggesting 3 cards, as described
          • Bill - like the title on card 1. Need to also look at the scheduler changes that are not specific to Cortex-A15 or Cortex-A7.
          • Aditya - I'm ok. Card 190 is too big / so dividing it is better. The scheduler card should be separate.
          • Bill - these all look like epic cards to me?
            • Roger - no, these are big tasks, but do end
              • Kate - epic means ongoing or multi-month, multi-team
          • Nataraja - can't see anything specific to ARMv8
            • Roger - it isn't ARMv7 specific
          • Bernie - isn't there more to go into big.LITTLE, load scaling etc
            • Roger - this complements the work that we're doing
          • Next step is to start on the new cards
          • ACTION: Kate, Mark and David make a proposal by the end of this week
    • Virtualization (Serge)
      • Internal/TSC/DraftRoadmaps/VirtualizationWG

        • Jon - is the plan for migration just soft device migration?
        • Card 421 - IOMMU
          • Aditya - is this device MMU or system MMU
          • Roger - suggestion - move it into the future column until it's fully defined (ACTION: Kate)
          • KVM ARMv8 SMP Hardware bring up
            • Roger is this a model? Serge, no we have access to ARMv8 hardware
          • Suggestion from Jon - work on the use cases (LEG)?
        • Aditya - what is the status of upstreaming?
          • Serge - 3.9 most of it
        • Aditya - any emphasis on performance?
          • Kate - there is performance work / measurement for QEMU, KVM will follow
        • Bill - I expect LNG will drive performance needs. Also need to think about power management.
        • Formal vote after the agreed edits have been made - ACTION: David / Kate
  • AOB
    • Relicensing of QEMU - Serge
      • Brief discussion, will do an email vote
    • Do we need a mobile group, now that we have LEG and LNG - Mark Hambleton
      • LEG and LNG are driving work into Linaro that are quite enterprise specific
      • However, ARMv8 is fairly general, but there are specific Mobile requirements
      • TI - would kind of like to see a group formed, but wouldn't like to pay! Run it as a Linaro group.
      • Aditya - already Linaro is doing a lot of things with Android, but would need to support other distributions
      • George - this is a topic being discussed at board level and we will bring it to the board in July
      • ACTION: George - discuss offline and then add a discussion to the TSC agenda

Next Meeting

TSC/2013-05-01 (last modified 2013-05-01 14:31:19)