Parent


Attendees

  • Kate Stewart (Product Manager, Linaro)
  • David Rusling (CTO, Linaro)
  • Kenneth (Huawei)
  • Jon Masters (LEG Representative, Red Hat)
  • Bill Mills (TI)
  • Mark Orvek (Linaro)
  • Mark Hambleton (Broadcom)
  • Aditya Sharma (Samsung)
  • Nataraja K Muniyappa (LG Electronics)
  • Roger Teague (ARM)
  • Christian Bejram - ST Ericsson
  • Ilias Biris (Program Manager, Linaro)
  • Takehisa Katayama (Fujitsu)
  • Ziang Hu (Huawei)

Apologies

  • George Grey (CEO, Linaro)

Information

Agenda

  • Actions from the last meetings (David):
  • OPSCOM (David / Kate)
    • Attendee names please
  • Roadmap (Kate)
    • Discuss and sign off toolchain roadmap Moved to the next meeting, will email as soon as we have it.

    • Update from Kate on progress (5 minutes)
    • Feedback on proposed agenda's
    • IKS code upstreaming
      • Proposal: wait until June 2013, upstream if product released meanwhile
  • Access to the internal TSC pages / Jira by member engineers, project managers etc.
    • My suggestion is that anyone in a member company who needs access should have it.
    • Proposal: TSC member emails Philip Colmer with a request
  • Meeting timing
  • AOB
    • Upcoming meetings (Dave)
      • Need to plan further ahead, give more time for company feedback. Suggestions:
        • If supporting information (Jira, slides etc) not ready one week before an event, it's not on the agenda
        • Circulate more information via email ahead of meetings, as soon as we have it

Minutes

  • Actions from the last meetings (David):
  • OPSCOM (David / Kate)
    • Attendee names please
      • Kenneth / Huawei - will email a name separately
      • Bill / TI - will round someone up this week, Bill meanwhile * Roadmap (Kate)
      • Mark H until someone else volunteers
      • Aditya (Samsung) - Aditya will attend
      • Roger (ARM) - Mark Bowler
      • Nataraja (LG Electronics) - me until we find someone else
    • Discuss and sign off toolchain roadmap Moved to the next meeting, will email as soon as we have it.

    • Update from Kate on progress (5 minutes)
      • Since Hong Kong, applying the input from the meetings
      • Working towards getting a new set of roadmap slides
      • Will bring them to the TSC for approval over the next month or two
      • Will use this information to build the core side
      • Once the cards are stabilised they'll move into OPSCOM; so will start up early in April 2013
      • Spreadsheet being updated and putting it onto the internal TSC wiki pages
        • Working with individual members fleshing out the requirements
      • Roger: when I see target of March 2013, what does it mean?
        • Kate it's the date for delivery, goes to TSC
        • Roger: what goes to TSC, what goes to OPSCOM
          • EPICs go to TSC, line items go to TSC
      • Toolchain roadmap will go out today, posted to the internal TSC site
      • Bill - we talked about tweaking the roadmaps to show efforts, what's happening?
        • Will probably happen by Dublin
    • Feedback on proposed agenda's
      • Upcoming Meetings * Discussions (David)

      • ACTION: start email discussion on signing off virtualization roadmap
      • ACTION: Add the gcc support discussion to the list of meetings
      • Broadcom - I have a bunch of new member requests, I was expecting that I'd take that to Kate first and then it would magically appear in front of the TSC
        • Kate: Yes.
    • IKS code upstreaming
      • Proposal: wait until June 2013, upstream if product released meanwhile
      • Nataraja: we raised some issues; LG Electronics are happy for it to be upstreamed
      • Aditya: Samsung: would like to see it upstreamed as soon as possible
      • Mark (Broadcom): don't mind either way
      • Bill (TI): don't mind either way
      • Jon (Red Hat): need to enable them so that they can be effective reviewing patches
      • Jon (LEG): LEG not looking at big.LITTLE at the moment
      • ACTION: formal vote via email on the proposal
      • Additions: Since the meeting, I have received Huawei and Fujitsu's view, which is not to upstream it now, but wait until a product using it ships

  • Access to the internal TSC pages / Jira by member engineers, project managers etc.
    • My suggestion is that anyone in a member company who needs access should have it.
    • Proposal: TSC member emails Philip Colmer with a request
      • Mark: can we create an email alias instead? David - good idea.
      • Mark H: a good idea, the question has already come up in Broadcom
  • Meeting timing
    • See collated votes document Collated votes document

    • TSC Meeting Timings - UTC Votes.pdf

    • Note: Includes weighting by timezone

    • Roger: past experience is that it's painful when we change timings. Propose that we do it once.
    • Bill: one meeting time a little bit earlier makes sense
    • Mark H: being in the UK it's difficult to vote for anything other than a single meeting
    • Aditya: let's not alternate it
    • Nataraja: yes
    • Agreed: will move the meetings to 2pm GMT from now on
  • AOB
    • Roger - upcoming meeting in Connect. Do members get free passes for non-member.
      • ACTION: David go ask about how we do this
    • How do we rope this into the TSC
      • Roger - suggestion - have a timeline that you can show to the TSC
        • ACTION: Mark to coordinate Connect planning with the TSC


Next Meeting

TSC/2013-03-20 (last modified 2013-03-26 10:49:36)