Parent


Attendees

  • David Rusling (Linaro)
  • Roger Teague (ARM)
  • George Grey (Linaro)
  • Kiko (Linaro)
  • Paul Kline (Freescale)
  • Matt Locke (TI)
  • Loic Minier (Linaro)
  • Andrea Gallo (ST-Ericsson)
  • Paul McKenney (IBM)

  • Aditya Sharma (Samsung)

Guest Attendees

  • Kumar Gala (TI)

Information

Agenda

  • Actions from the last meeting (David)
    • Request for AOB items
  • Review of Roadmap Changes (Loic)
    • See below
  • Agenda for the next meeting (4th April 2012), in addition to actions and roadmap review, suggestions are:
    • big.LITTLE update (should this be OPSCOM?)
    • Upstream patch tracking (Kiko)
      • Mock up / walk through
      • Input please on prior art and interest
    • Straw poll of how many members have ever used
      • internally:
      • Any LEB
      • A version of the linux-linaro branch
      • LAVA
      • linaro-image-tools
  • AOB (David)

Minutes

  • Actions from the last meeting (David)
    • None noted from the last meeting
    • Request for AOB items
  • Review of Roadmap Changes (Loic)
    • KWG2011-EMMC-4-5-SUPPORT
      • Hardware will be available H2/2012
      • Samsung: suggest that we close it and open a new card for Q3/2012
    • KWG2011-ANDROID-OOM-KILLLER-UPSTREAMING
      • Propose to move delivery to Q2/2012
      • Samsung: what are the issues?
        • Kiko:
          • Took on a number of Android upstreaming patches, a number of Android patches were taken into the staging trees, so got lots of input
          • Turned into an epic task. This is one of the biggest pieces of upstreaming for Android
          • Pretty complex code plus checking between google and upstream
          • Strategically - do we agree that reducing the Android delta is really important
            • The TSC agrees (Matt, Andrea etc)
    • KWG2011-PIN-CONTROL
      • Just a status update.
      • Current revision likely to be merged, DT bindings close to being agreed.
      • Current SoCs will convert to the new pinmux bindings (card is completed when two have been done). There's another card around DT base support (see below).

    • KWG2012-DT-BASE-SUPPORT
      • Close out the DT work in Linaro by setting a baseline that all boards / SoCs must support

      • Believe that we can close for all SoCs by the end of this quarter

      • Roger: should you include Versatile Express?
        • David: Device Tree on Vesatile is well advanced
        • Kiko: would like to bring Versatile in line
        • ACTION: Kiko to investigate what the effort is required? What do we need to do to bring it into line.
    • PMWG2011-COMMON-CLK
      • Many revisions of code getting few revisions
      • Some maintainers think that this is not complete
      • Lots of pushing going on to get this framework upstream
      • Agree with changing the date for delivery
    • PMWG2011-THERMAL-MANAGEMENT
      • Did not get reviewed by maintainers, finally got reviewed by an Intel maintainer (for an Intel platform), some hope that it will go upstream
      • Proposal is to finish delivering in this quarter
    • PMWG2011-HANDLING-DIVERSE-CPUS
      • Was created before the scheduler mini-summit, there to seed discussions around big.LITTLE MP
      • Most of the things were delivered (for example LWN article, notes, planning)
      • Aditya: agree
    • PMWG2011-CPUIDLE-UPSTREAMING
      • Taking longer than expected
      • Drivers were clean, but need to have support merged across all SoCs

      • Daniel Lezcano
    • Will send an email with all of the closed out cards
      • Propose that TSC members raise questions, agree, disagree
        • Discuss problems at the next TSC meeting
  • Agenda for the next meeting (4th April 2012), in addition to actions and roadmap review, suggestions are:
    • big.LITTLE update (should this be OPSCOM?) - added to agenda
    • Upstream patch tracking (Kiko) - added to the agenda
      • Mock up / walk through
      • Input please on prior art and interest
    • Straw poll of how many members have ever used - turned into a request ACTION: Kiko will send out a spreadsheet
      • internally:
      • Any LEB
      • A version of the linux-linaro branch
      • LAVA
      • linaro-image-tools
  • AOB (David)
    • Linaro Technical Recommendation: ARM Linux Server Based Distributions
    • Linaro Connect Q2.2012 Hong Kong
      • Requirements
        • Timing for the next connect (collect priorities one month before)
        • Moved away from 'big bang' requirements
        • Presentations
        • ACTION: Members to start discussing requirements with Loic
        • ACTION: David / Kiko to propose strategy discussions in the TSC meetings leading up to the Hong Kong Connect
      • Moving away from themes, however:
        • Validation
        • scheduler mini-summit (continuing the big.LITTLE MP discussions and showcasing the big.LITTLE integrated kernel switcher work) - please notify your kernel maintainers
        • ARMv8 discussions (probably private)
    • LAVA - Roger dropped off the call, so couldn't discuss (will discuss next time)
    • Matt - I'd like to introduce Kumar, he joined TSC recently (first week was at the Linaro connect). Is the Linux system architect.
    • Andrea: An action was to align the validation needs, ST Ericsson provided a name, what's happening?
      • Loic: Pending, will happen soon.
      • Congratulations to Jesse and Rob on the DMA patches

Actions

Number

Action

Owner

Next Meeting


Roadmap

KWG

KWG2011-EMMC-4-5-SUPPORT

  • Estimated-Quarter: 2012Q1
  • Url: http://status.linaro.org/card/KWG2011-EMMC-4-5-SUPPORT

  • Status: Almost completed in upstreamed patches except for HPI and Context ID; see detailed status section on the card's description itself
  • Proposed-Action: update to reduce scope and open new cards when hardware with the new features shows up (might also relate to thermal management)

KWG2011-ANDROID-OOM-KILLLER-UPSTREAMING

  • Estimated-Quarter: 2012Q1
  • Url: http://status.linaro.org/card/KWG2011-ANDROID-OOM-KILLLER-UPSTREAMING

  • Status: First three of tasks (see card's description) are actively being worked on with much interaction with upstream kernel community. Due to the complexity of this work, not likely to get upstream by Connect 2012'Q2 but we believe it may make it into the 3.5 merge window.
  • Proposed-Action: move estimated quarter for delivery to 2012Q2

KWG2011-PIN-CONTROL

  • Estimated-Quarter: 2012Q1
  • Url: http://status.linaro.org/card/KWG2011-PIN-CONTROL

  • Status: Patches have undergone many revisions, including massive redesign after Linaro Connect 2012'Q1. The current revision of patches has much agreement and will most likely be merged. DT bindings are still under development but agreement is being reached on these. Once these core changes are agreed upon, drivers for member SOCs can be converted.
  • Proposed-Action: none

KWG2012-DT-BASE-SUPPORT

  • Estimated-Quarter: 2012Q1
  • Url: http://status.linaro.org/card/KWG2012-DT-BASE-SUPPORT

  • Status: Samsung, Freescale, and TI LEBs are in good condition. ST-E platform is behind due to lack of engineering resources but being actively worked on by KWG, LT, and ST-E internal resources
  • Proposed-Action: approve new card for 2012Q1

PMWG

PMWG2011-COMMON-CLK

PMWG2011-THERMAL-MANAGEMENT

PMWG2011-HANDLING-DIVERSE-CPUS

PMWG2011-CPUIDLE-UPSTREAMING

  • Estimated-Quarter: 2012Q1
  • Url: http://status.linaro.org/card/PMWG2011-CPUIDLE-UPSTREAMING

  • Status: needs rework for consolidation in a v6; no feedback from maintainers but still getting feedback fro mothers; ready for pull request; will be replaced by a new card for the reworked CPUIDLE
  • Proposed-Action: (none)

TSC/2012-03-21 (last modified 2012-03-22 13:57:57)