Questions about Packaging in Linaro
- What tools are preferred for packaging?
- New packages should preferably be done using debhelper 7's dh(1) command
- A good walk-through of packaging from scratch is available at:
- schroot+qemu works too
- sbuild is on the way, see documentation in:
- How do you maintain the debian folder?
- What is a typical work flow for creating a package from scratch?
- Which build environment/tools do you recommend for "non-native compilation"?
- xdeb, at the moment
Future plans -> multiarch+sbuild/pbuilder+qemu
- How do we get access to native-builders on launchpad?
- If you have Linaro assignees, we can provide them with access
- Others will need some kind of a legally binding agreement with Canonical
- What are the naming syntax rules for package revisions?
- You can't use a '-' in the suffix
You don't want to use a '~' as a separator in the suffix because this will sort earlier than the corresponding base version
- Using '+' or '.' as a separator in the suffix is ok if your base version is an Ubuntu version, but only if the base package has no Ubuntu delta (and uses a Debian package version number with no 'ubuntuX' at the end), these suffixes would sort later than any Ubuntu revisions that could be introduced later
Resources/FAQ/Packaging (last modified 2011-04-18 17:02:26)