Time/Place

  • Place: #linaro-meeting on irc.freenode.net

  • Time: Wednesday at 1300 UTC

Agenda

Standing Agenda

Agenda Additions

(add your agenda item here; mark the agenda item with your (nick), so we know who asked for this)

Actions from Last week

Undiscussed

  • [ACTION] Sachin, alf and jazh to work on the clutter texture/pixmap problem together

Actions

  • [ACTION] kunal to resolve ssh issue and push media-create changes or send patches to linaro-dev mailing list

  • [INPROGRESS] kunal to get linaro-media-create patches to asac for ST-E board blocker identified with ssh over STE network which impacts bzr, will be trying other methods

  • [ACTION] kunal to resolve ssh issue and push media-create changes or send patches to linaro-dev mailing list

  • [INPROGRESS] fgu to unblock vraj wrt to sharing bellagio patches, report to be part of multimedia status

  • [INPROGRESS] fgu to deliver min flashkit tool to href users...

    • Flashkit light release date only next week.Flashkit light release date only next week.
    • fgu_ noted Flashkit & 64bits issues on his Ubuntu10.04 but asac indicated fgu_ shouldn't block on 64 bits

  • [INPROGRESS] asac to get his gps app pushed to archive and ppa and clean up his work item list

  • [INPROGRESS] everyone to clarify their LDS travel and report back in private to asac

    • still need status from vraj: sudipj: kunal:
  • [ACTION] tgall_foo to confirm if kernel/drivers and all the pieces needed for n900 are available in the public

  • [ACTION] asac and tgall_foo to call telit office

  • [ACTION] fgu_ to explore other usb modems that might be usable for voice calls (or at least sms)

  • [ACTION] sudipj to get 4GB and install linaro-netbook-efl to get a full X11 stack that is known to work on fbdev

  • [ACTION] fgu_ to talk to lool and jcrigby on his defconfig alignment plans and report back

  • [ACTION] ian_brasil_ to give info about kubuntu-mobile seed to asac

  • [ACTION] asac, tgall_foo to make a linaro-handset-plasma seed out of that and enable image build

  • [ACTION] tgall_foo to add linaro-handset-plasma update to standing items (in Template and owned by ian_brasil_/rbelem)

Minutes

  • Meeting started at 13:03 UTC
  • reminder: please add your activity by end of day so when tgall_foo sends out summary we have a full status page

Actions from Last week

  • [ACTION] Sachin, alf and jazh to work on the clutter texture/pixmap problem together

Actions

  • [DONE] kunal to resolve ssh issue and push media-create changes or send patches to linaro-dev mailing list

  • [DONE] kunal to get linaro-media-create patches to asac for ST-E board blocker identified with ssh over STE network which impacts bzr, will be trying other methods

  • [INPROGRESS] fgu to unblock vraj wrt to sharing bellagio patches, report to be part of multimedia status

  • [ACTION] asac to help unblocking flashkit

  • [DONE] asac to get his gps app pushed to archive and ppa and clean up his work item list

  • [INPROGRESS] everyone to clarify their LDS travel and report back in private to asac

  • [DONE] tgall_foo to confirm if kernel/drivers and all the pieces needed for n900 are available in the public

  • [ACTION] tgall_foo will start to put together an n900 wiki page

  • [DONE] asac and tgall_foo to call telit office

  • [DONE] fgu_ to explore other usb modems that might be usable for voice calls (or at least sms)

  • [ACTION] fgu_ to continue pursuing ST-Ericsson usbmodems with voice/sms capabilities

  • [DONE] sudipj to get 4GB and install linaro-netbook-efl to get a full X11 stack that is known to work on fbdev

  • [ACTION] fgu_ to work with sudipj to get X11 with fbdev working; next: try linaro-netbook-efl (just install and start) and linaro-alip

  • [INPROGRESS] fgu_ to talk to lool and jcrigby on his defconfig alignment plans and report back

  • [DONE] ian_brasil_ to give info about kubuntu-mobile seed to asac

  • [DONE] asac, tgall_foo to make a linaro-handset-plasma seed out of that and enable image build

  • [ACTION] asac to enable head image builds

  • [DONE] tgall_foo to add linaro-handset-plasma update to standing items (in Template and owned by ian_brasil_/rbelem)

[TOPIC] Spec Status (asac)

[TOPIC] Image status (kunal)

  • <kunal> for image status 2-3 days no image due to meta package was missing

  • [ACTION] alf and tgall_foo to verify the head seeds in vbox

  • [ACTION] fgu and kunal work on installation issues of linaro-netbook-efl/-alip etc.

[TOPIC] ST-E BSP update (fgu)

  • <fgu_> uboot: I think jcrigby had no time to publish his patches for ux500 on git.linaro.org

  • <fgu_> bsp: landing 2.6.34....soon...this evening...??

  • <fgu_> modem firmware is not included in asac's hrefp

  • <fgu_> and as we are based on meego....

  • <fgu_> there is a shared memory driver...to avoid to use in that case...

  • <fgu_> just an example of current verification...

[TOPIC] ST-E Board Bringup update (kunal)

  • <kunal> media create script chnages are done

  • <kunal> trying with linaro-alip and netbook-efl kernel is a blockage

  • <kunal> multimedia package build ongoing

[TOPIC] Graphics Update (Sachin/jazh)

  • <jazh> for clutter/mutter, clutter-eglx-es20-1.0-tests from archive run well on MX51 but this package has conflicts with libclutter-1.0-dev as you know

  • <asac> thats so awesome. i think mx51 is the first platform where the clutter tests (text!!) works right

  • <jazh> That's great!

  • <asac> i am sure href/mob will work too once we have the drivers though ;)

  • <asac> jazh: did you manage to setup chroot for building? so you dont need to install -dev and then the es20 again?

  • <asac> jazh: maybe talk to alf how we can make this better. i think with alf current refinement on cogl/clutter headers it might be doable that you build against the es20-dev

  • <asac> jazh: do you want me to have sachin take a look at your hacky patch? maybe he sees something obviously wrong?

  • <jazh> for libclutter-1.0 from archive, glx backend is used by default , when eglx is enabled by default

  • <jazh> asac: yes, if he has time, it would be good

  • <asac> jazh: right you need to install libclutter-1.0---es20 etc.

  • <asac> jazh: ok i think i have your current patch somewhere. i will send an email and keep you CCed

  • <asac> [ACTION] asac to get clutk patch from jazh to sachin for brief review

  • <asac> i think antoher item interesting for graphics is that XorA works on binding clutter texture pixmap to the khronos extension. he had some issues with mesa + gallium drivers, but lets stay tuned

  • <asac> once we have that we get one step closer to having a good and speedy clutter ;)

[TOPIC] Multimedia enablement update (Sachin/vraj)

  • both owners are not here. skipping

[TOPIC] AOB

* <fgu_> http://wiki.maemo.org/N900_Software_BME noted that the Battery Management on the n900 does not look to be open.

* Meeting ended at 13:57 UTC

Actions

  • [ACTION] asac to help unblocking flashkit

  • [INPROGRESS] everyone to clarify their LDS travel and report back in private to asac

  • [ACTION] tgall_foo will start to put together an n900 wiki page

  • [ACTION] fgu_ to continue pursuing ST-Ericsson usbmodems with voice/sms capabilities

  • [ACTION] fgu_ to work with sudipj to get X11 with fbdev working; next: try linaro-netbook-efl (just install and start) and linaro-alip

  • [INPROGRESS] fgu_ to talk to lool and jcrigby on his defconfig alignment plans and report back

  • [ACTION] asac to enable head image builds

  • [ACTION] asac to cleanup work items for beta with alf

  • [ACTION] tgall_foo to update meeting template for new workitem urls (prefix = linaro- instead of arm-)

  • [ACTION] alf and tgall_foo to verify the head seeds in vbox

  • [ACTION] fgu and kunal work on installation issues of linaro-netbook-efl/-alip etc.

Team Work - Detailed

Alexander Sack (asac)

Alexandros Frantzis (alf)

  • Created an experimental linaro-xfce seed (Tom Gall then
  • Created and uploaded to http://people.canonical.com/~afrantzis/ubuntu-minimal-vbox/ an ubuntu-minimal VirtualBox x86 image, useful for testing of seeds/metapackages on desktop machines.

  • Communicated to Qt/Nokia issues blocking QWS/Lighthouse adoption in the archive (SONAME concerns).
  • Started exploring ways of supporting NPOT textures in clutter, without the need for explicit GL calls by the client applications (at least for use cases significant to mutter).
  • Started looking into the issue of cogl-defines.h explicitly including GL headers.

Frederick Gueydon (fgu)

  • vanilla kernel 2.6.34 + 717 patches tests on-going..but will try a delivery this evening.
  • Flashkit story: 20 man days annonced.
  • Some modifications on the linaro-media-create script + Kunal fixes.
  • Kernel defconfigs study on-going
  • ST-E usbmodems: some "could" have voice capabilities but the implementation of this is not in the roadmap today.

Jammy Zhou (jazh)

  • clutter tests from latest archive can now work with both mesa and FSL opengl es2.0 drivers
  • test-clutk can now run without errors, but the stage is totally grey
  • clutter-eglx-es20-1.0-tests package has conflicts with libclutter-1.0-dev package

Kunal Goel (kunal)

  • ssh issue under STE proxy
  • work on multimedia package for STE board
  • try alip on STE board
  • try elf on STE board

Sachin Gupta (Sachin)

Sudip Jain (Sudip)

  • Trying to get X11 with fbdev working.
  • Waiting for kernel source code with MCDE/B2R2 enabled.
  • Try linaro-alip and linaro-netbook-efl.
  • Install linaro-gcc toolchain on target.

Tom Gall (tgall)

  • linaro-alip, linaro-handset-plasma both integrated into linaro.maverick seed
  • linaro-default-settings package created
  • testing of 8/30 8/31 builds for the beta candidate
  • called telit twice
  • confirmed n900 drivers are open source both kernel and user space elements
  • small fixes to linaro-media-create for beagle and beagle xm

Vishal Raj (vraj)

  • compilation of Android Package(kernel+multimedia)
  • analyzed the component required in Lianro kernel for ST-multimedia enablement
  • started the application for video playback without GST and X, which will talk directly talk to decoder and render to display

Platform/UserPlatforms/WeeklyStatus/2010-09-01 (last modified 2010-09-07 02:55:53)