Topic: graphics/multimedia X-vendor call
When: 1200 UTC
Where: linaro public conf line
Linaro Tech Lead
Linaro Software Engineer
graphics driver (TI)
Linaro Graphics/Multimedia Engineer (ST-Ericsson)
Ubuntu Platform (Canonical)
Linaro Graphics Engineer (Freescale)
- previous actions status review
- status update on texture pixmap
- clutter/unity archive update
- review linaro graphics WG topics for next cycle
- camera-bin status
- EGL Video Rendering (Sachin)
- More work to happen this week
- camera-bin (Sachin, Rob)
- Sachin in contact with Rob about camera-bin.
- Questions mostly answered.
- camera-bin still not inserting thumbnails.
- gst-openmax consolidation (Rob)
- Code is in public git repository.
- Tested only on omap4.
- gst-dsp is a better choice for omap3.
- ACTION: Rob to send link to gst-openmax git repository and give a summary of the changes.
- omap3/4 gfx packages (Ricardo)
- Target is to push to multiverse (still in private PPA)
- Packages depend on linux header or linaro headers to be compatible with Linaro kernel.
- Have issue with mesa -dev packages that are needed to build applications.
- sgx GL libs have different soname than Mesa libs, so we can't build against them.
- omap4 packages currently copy omap3 packages (Vincent)
- Have same soname issues as omap3
- IMG makefiles are complicated to fix, but this seems to be the best way to alter SONAME.
- TI-IMG interaction mainly through bugs/tickets.
ACTION:Alexander to establish connection with Meego folks so we can jointly solve the sgx driver SONAME issue.
- Split call (Alexander)
- From next week (Oct 4th-) call is going to be split in graphics and multimedia parts.
- Graphics call: Every Monday 12:00 UTC .
- Multimedia call: Every Tuesday 12:00 UTC .
- Xorg consolidated driver
- Make xorg driver with plugin architecture so it can accommodate different HW.
- Base on Mali driver?
- Perhaps not enough code is going to be released to be useful as a base to build on.
- ACTION: Bring up driver release issue on Mali call.
- The right way to go in the future
- Maybe not enough performance (yet). But good place for the work to happen.
- Vendors need to release GPU drivers for Gallium for this to be useful.
- Kernel improvements
- drm for non-pci
- there was a pull that perhaps included these changes
- Need to check
- drm MM (memory management) standard
- We need a set of interface to abstract details of MM used (GEM, TTM...)
- Preferably work with upstream drm developers
- ACTION: Jesse to initiate discussion on drm mm issue with upstream.
- drm for non-pci
- clutter, mutter, clutk. (Jammy, Alexandros)
- Not fully working stack yet ...
- ...but mutter and clutk now work on freescale/imx51 (with freescale gfx drivers)!
- Progress done on clutk thanks to Jammy.
- Mutter on beagleboard has issues
With Mesa only part of the screen drawn and mouse input is "a bit scaled" (vertical & horizontal).
- SGX driver does segmentation faults.
- Many things fixed in new clutter (according to upstream) but clutk not full tested on clutter 1.4.
- Gfx libraries optimization
- Skia has NEON support but hasn't got NEON runtime detection.
- Pixman supports NEON runtime detection.
- Should look at it as a base for ideas for a general purpose NEON optimization library.
- Rob to send link to gst-openmax git repository and give a summary of the changes.
- Alexander to establish connection with Meego folks so we can jointly solve the sgx driver SONAME issue.
- Bring up driver release issue on Mali call.
- Jesse to initiate discussion on drm mm issue with upstream.
Platform/UserPlatforms/2010-09-27 (last modified 2010-09-29 10:10:33)