Topic: graphics/multimedia X-vendor call
When: 1200 UTC
Where: linaro public conf line
Linaro Tech Lead
Linaro Software Engineer
graphics driver (TI)
Linaro Graphics/Multimedia Engineer (ST-Ericsson)
Ubuntu Platform (Canonical)
Linaro Graphics Engineer (Freescale)
- previous actions status review
- status update on texture pixmap
- clutter/unity archive update
- review linaro graphics WG topics for next cycle
- camera-bin status
- Split call in two parts (Alexander)
- Split call will happen in October when more multimedia folks join the team.
- omap gfx drivers (Ricardo)
- Packages (including modules, drivers, libs) are ready.
- Need to push to public PPA at minimum and multiverse at best.
- Not tried with linaro kernel but expected to work.
- Camera-bin (Sachin, Rob)
- ACTION: Rob to share more info/links with Sachin for camera-bin.
- TSC next cycle topics/items (Alexander)
- ACTION: All to review next cycle topics/items.
- ACTION: All to email Jess, Alexander or Alexandros with interests from the topic/item list for next cycle.
- OpenGL rendering sinks (Sachin, Rob)
- Sachin thinks the right way to handle this is with EGL, not with rendering sinks in each framework.
- Rob: GL in gstreamer is akward because of the threading model.
EGL sink in OpenMax using EGL texture stream
- No sample implementation or reference on this.
- Use EGL in compositor not in application
- Use XV + window properties to identify texture stream.
- The compositor can the use the info to render the stream.
- Open problems
- Need a way to kick the compositor process to update overlay.
- Need a way to be able to switch to using HW overlays if compositing is not needed, so that gfx hardware can be powered-off..
- Whole issue needs more investigation, there is no precedence.
- ACTION: Sachin to drive the investigation and discussion on video rendering with EGL.
- clutk/mutter/unity (Jammy, Alexandros)
- Most clutk issues have been fixed already (working with clutter 1.2).
- Still some errors with Mesa implementation, Jammy is using Freescale's implementation.
- Need to fix Mesa in next cycle to support missing features.
- ACTION: Alexandros to fix mutter to work with new linaro clutter packages.
- ACTION: Alexandros and Jammy to try out a full mutter/unity stack.
- Xorg conference update (Alexandros)
- Release policy changes, adopting feature freezes.
- Non-privileged X still has issues with input handling (when running multiple servers)
- EGL/Gallium improved on desktop. Performance still not up to par with classic drivers.
- Mesa has an EGL extension that allows drawing accelerated 3D on the framebuffer (without X).
- Wayland still very experimental. Integrated display server and window manager.
- Rob to share more info/links with Sachin for camera-bin.
- All to review next cycle topics/items.
- All to email Jess, Alexander or Alexandros with interests from the topic/item list for next cycle.
- Sachin to drive the investigation and discussion on video rendering with EGL.
- Alexandros to fix mutter to work with new linaro clutter packages.
- Alexandros and Jammy to try out a full mutter/unity stack.
Platform/UserPlatforms/2010-09-20 (last modified 2010-09-21 14:40:43)