Topic: graphics/multimedia X-vendor call
When: 1200 UTC
Where: linaro public conf line
Linaro Tech Lead
Linaro Software Engineer
graphics driver (TI)
Linaro Graphics/Multimedia Engineer (ST-Ericsson)
Ubuntu Platform (Canonical)
Linaro Graphics Engineer (Freescale)
- previous actions status review
- status update on texture pixmap
- clutter/unity archive update
- review linaro graphics WG topics for next cycle
- camera-bin status
- Clutter update (Alexandros)
- Experimental packages available
- cogl-defines.h made independent of GL headers (patch against 1.3 forwarded upstream)
- Texture rectangle API exported
- ACTION: alf to fix clutk, mutter to build against experimental clutter package and make mutter use texture rectangle API.
- Experimental packages available
- omap gfx drivers (Ricardo)
- TI omap3 PowerVR gfx drivers can now be downloaded freely from TI site, can now be packaged.
- TI omap4 gfx drivers coming soon, can be put in PPA but still need to accept EULA before installing.
- Use alternatives system to select active GL driver?
- PowerVR libGL* SONAME versions don't match Mesa ones.
- Split call in two parts (Alexander)
- Split call in graphics part and multimedia part.
- Have a special part for overlapping issues.
- Starting next week or the week after.
- EGL texture pixmap update (Graeme)
- Busy setting up new hardware last week, continuing tasks this week
- Testing outstanding.
- Need to look at cogl code.
- ACTION: asac to help graeme make EGL changes public
- ACTION: jani to share link with how Nokia handles EGLX texture from pixmap.
- Clutk update (Jammy)
- Successfully adapted vertex shaders to Clutter coordinate system (through normalization).
- Remaining issues:
- Crashes in clutk tests.
- FBO issues in clutk perf tests. Investigating root cause.
- Calling some cogl functions break things in GLES2 (eg cogl_flush())
- ACTION: Jammy to share information about the issues in linaro-dev (and with Sachin).
- Linaro graphics WG topics for 11.05 (Alexander)
- Information sent by e-mail.
- ACTION: all to review Linaro graphics WG topics
- Camera-bin update (Rob and Sachin)
- Sachin Had a look but needs to spend more time on it.
- Sachin asked whether the embedded thumbnails use case is supported
- Rob: Thumbnails are handled with pipeline messages
- OpenMAX camera source not available yet
- Need to have an autoplug mechanism (eg reverse autoplug) for camera elements. Need to think about it.
- ACTION: asac, rob, sachin to set up a follow-up call to talk about camera-bin and OpenMAX consolidation efforts
Improve low-power functionality in PulseAudio
Routing through PulseAudio keeps ARM from sleeping.
- Need to take advantage of direct DSP connections.
- Liam Girdwood and Mark Brown hang out in #alsa-soc and may know more on this
- ACTION: Graeme to make connection with Liam and Mark for low-power audio issues
- OpenGL based rendering sinks (Sachin)
- Useful for multimedia apps that use GL(ES) and for compositing managers
- Zero-copy compositing, color conversion, scaling etc
- Need extension in GLES or mutter.
- Might be possible with EGL texture streaming extension, perhaps with an additional layer on top.
- ACTION: Review the state of Mutter, Compiz, Qt, Meego compositor with regards to OpenGL rendering sinks.
- ACTION: Investigate and evaluate possible solutions/EGL extensions for OpenGL rendering sinks.
- alf to fix clutk, mutter to build against experimental clutter package and make mutter use texture rectangle API.
- asac to help graeme make EGL changes public.
- jani to share link with how Nokia handles EGLX texture from pixmap.
- jammy to share information about the issues in linaro-dev (and with Sachin).
- all to review Linaro graphics WG topics.
- asac, rob, saching to set up a follow-up call to talk about camera-bin and OpenMAX consolidation efforts.
- graeme to make connection with Liam and Mark for low-power audio issues.
- ??? to review the state of Mutter, Compiz, Qt, Meego compositor with regards to OpenGL rendering sinks.
- ??? to investigate and evaluate possible solutions/extensions for OpenGL rendering sinks.
Platform/UserPlatforms/2010-09-13 (last modified 2010-09-14 13:34:38)