Contributors: Ricardo Salveti
Describe the Ubuntu LEB release process for 11.11.
Have a proper release process for 11.11 documented at the Linaro wiki, to be consumed by users, developers, product owners and project managers.
- As the product owner I'd like to have the release process and milestones for Ubuntu LEB 11.11 documented and available at the Linaro wiki.
- As a SoC and board vendor I'd like to know the process to make my board supported officially by the Ubuntu LEB provided by Linaro.
- As a SoC and board vendor I'd like to know the process to make new hwpack updates available for the users.
- As a platform developer I'd like to know about the development process used during the cycle.
- As the product owner I'd like to know about how the images and boards are tested and validated during the development cycle.
- As the release manager I'd like to know about the communication process for every release during the complete cycle.
- The Ubuntu Release Cycle is fixed at 6 months
- Members have landing teams that provide and upstream BSP support
The release process will be implemented in the wiki.
LDS Session Notes
Ubuntu LEB Process: - Kernel, see if we need to add sauce on it - Apparmor should stay - But we should be able to turn most of the things off Out of the cycle hwpack update: Board rating: - Once we have build releases - Weekly should be enough (for weekly builds) - Using with montly releases Kernel update: - Agree with working groups - Should have one week for testing - Report back to the landing team to get the bugs fixes - Check if the validation tree is actually planning to test kernel daily WG: - see when they are planning to release stuff - to check with our images Agile: Communication: Testing, Validation: - Going with daily images or weekly releases
Platform/DevPlatform/Specs/OneiricLinaroUbuntuLEBProcess (last modified 2011-05-30 02:58:12)