Meetings and Reports

Meetings

<< <  2020 / 5 >  >>
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Agenda

  • Announcements - Tech Lead/PM
  • Actions from last meeting - Tech Lead chasing
  • Blueprints/Engineering Review for the active cycle - All team members
  • Any Other Business (AOB)

Past Action items

  • rsalveti to announce that andrey_konovalov is now officially part of the plat team for everyone - INPROGRESS
  • rsalveti to work with aviksil, suihkulokki and andrey_konovalov to create the remaining blueprints for the 12.03 cycle - DONE
  • rsalveti to schedule a call with aviksil about 12.03 planning - DONE
  • dzin to sync with andrey_konovalov and danilos - DONE

Action Items

  • Action items that came out of this weeks meeting.


Engineers Reports

Your Name <irc nick>

Highlights

  • Short bullet points of work you've done that week which convey progress and highlights which can be used to report on how the team is progressing as a whole.

Plans

  • Your individual plans for the coming week(s).

Issues

  • Your individual issues for the coming week(s).

Riku Voipio <suihkulokki>

Highlights

  • Building and testing mmc images for fast model (developer image)
  • Updating to v2.2 reference switcher
  • Diving into l-m-c code

Plans

  • Create fast model kernels with debian packaging
  • Patch l-m-c to output fast model images and axf files

Issues

  • upstart-udev-bridge eats 100% of cpu inside fast models

Ricardo Salveti <rsalveti>

Highlights

  • Planning for big.LITTLE done, with both Avik and Riku
  • Started work on fixing the Ubuntu kernel to finally push the SGX driver to the archive

Plans

  • SGX to the archive
  • Try the SGX driver for omap 3
  • Start testing more our current images

Issues

Avik Sil <aviksil>

Highlights

  • Successfully ran linaro-developer on big.LITTLE with Dave's kernel tree and switcher
  • Started running memtester, iozone ans stressapptest on big.LITTLE but got issues like huge running time, filesystem corruption with iozone
  • Fixed glew1.7 FTBFS for armhf in overlay on the ARM porting jam day :-)

  • Successfully built XBMC using launchpad recipe with vcsimported flattened XBMC tree
  • Updated gst-plugins-base0.10 package in overlay with Kan Hu's patch (LP bug 930372)
  • Sent patch for FTBFS of lttng-tools for armel and armhf

Plans

  • Run Ubuntu on big.LITTLE in EC2 and check the performance
  • Sync up with Andrey for running automated build for his single kernel tree

Issues

  • None

John Rigby <jcrigby>

Highlights

  • Worked on both Kernel CI BPs but nothing pushed to public yet
  • Worked on snowball u-boot to find out why it does not boot linux. Suspect cache issue but not sure.

Plans

  • Finish (yes finish) both Kernel CI BPs
  • Fix snowball u-boot
  • Look into grub on u-boot

Issues

  • None

Wookey

Highlights

  • Uploads done for asciidoc, gnome-pkg-tools, docbook, docbooktoman, docbook-utils. Build stats improved accordingly
  • Various admin: Windows fixed so expenses filed. ARM meetings
  • Work on python and perl multiarch, GSOC cross-building task, multistrap update, buildd improvements

Plans

  • Finish GSOC cross-building task proposal
  • Write bootstrapping doc this week!
  • Upload more MA cross-dep fixes.

Marcin Juszkiewicz <hrw>

Highlights

  • ARM Porting JAM
  • became Ubuntu MOTU
  • started using live-build for sysroots (thx to fabo)

Plans

  • add sysroots to Jenkins
  • cross toolchain tests

Andrey Konovalov <andrey_konovalov>

Highlights

  • linux-linaro kernel moved to v3.3-rc7 (not pushed to the public server yet). Minor sanity testing done on Panda. Having the AOSP patches in the kernel tree doesn't seem to break the "plain" linux-linaro build
  • Topics currently in linux-linaro: 4 from the ARM LT, 1 from jstultz (AOSP 3.3), 1 from gcl (irqdomain), 1 with some linux-linaro-3.1 stuff.

Plans

  • Get 2 topics from the kernel WG (this was expected this week, but seems not to happen)
  • Work with the PM WG to get their stuff from the 12.02 linux-linaro release to be converted into up-to-date topic branches.
  • Fix my "Linux Maintainers CI Builds" (failure to fetch from http://ci.linaro.org/kernel_git_repo/linux.git)

  • Get bug 944598 "Setup builds on ci.linaro.org for linux-linaro tree" resolved WRT adding vexpress builds and sending them to LAVA (as soon as vexpress is available in LAVA)
  • Decide on the kernel configs to use in linux-linaro 12.03 release

Issues

Andy Doan <doanac>

Highlights

  • Prebuilt image job running daily at 19:00UTC. Copies images over to snapshots. snapshots is not yet publishing them.

Plans

  • Work on enabling snowball and origen for pre-built job
  • Work on getting the final step in publication finished.


IRC logs

Meeting started by rsalveti at 14:01:39 UTC. The full logs are available at http://irclogs.linaro.org/meeting-logs/linaro-meeting/2012/linaro-meeting.2012-03-15-14.01.log.html

Meeting summary

  • LINK: https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/DevPlatform/Meetings/2012-03-15 (rsalveti, 14:02:02)

  • Announcements (rsalveti, 14:02:08)

  • Actions from last meeting (rsalveti, 14:09:54)

    • rsalveti to announce that andrey_konovalov is now officially part of the plat team for everyone - INPROGRESS (rsalveti, 14:10:23)
    • rsalveti to work with aviksil, suihkulokki and andrey_konovalov to create the remaining blueprints for the 12.03 cycle - DONE (rsalveti, 14:10:54)
    • rsalveti to schedule a call with aviksil about 12.03 planning - DONE (rsalveti, 14:11:02)
    • dzin to sync with andrey_konovalov and danilos - DONE (rsalveti, 14:11:11)
    • hrw is now officially an Ubuntu MOTU \o/ (rsalveti, 14:12:16)
  • 12.03 - Status (rsalveti, 14:13:45)

  • AOB (rsalveti, 15:12:39)

    • ACTION: rsalveti to send the email with suggestions for UDS-Q, and approval from asac + kiko (rsalveti, 15:16:08)

Meeting ended at 15:18:38 UTC.

Action items

  • rsalveti to fix the description of the linux-linaro git tree at git.linaro.org
  • rsalveti to sync with wookey about having a bp for the multi-arch fixes
  • rsalveti to sync with wookey about working with multi-arch fixes on the porting jam
  • rsalveti and aviksil to follow with andrey_konovalov about the CI builds and failures with jenkins and lava
  • rsalveti to check if we're able to send more boards for andrey_konovalov
  • rsalveti to send the email with suggestions for UDS-Q, and approval from asac + kiko

Action items, by person

  • andrey_konovalov
    • rsalveti and aviksil to follow with andrey_konovalov about the CI builds and failures with jenkins and lava
    • rsalveti to check if we're able to send more boards for andrey_konovalov
  • aviksil
    • rsalveti and aviksil to follow with andrey_konovalov about the CI builds and failures with jenkins and lava
  • rsalveti
    • rsalveti to fix the description of the linux-linaro git tree at git.linaro.org
    • rsalveti to sync with wookey about having a bp for the multi-arch fixes
    • rsalveti to sync with wookey about working with multi-arch fixes on the porting jam
    • rsalveti and aviksil to follow with andrey_konovalov about the CI builds and failures with jenkins and lava
    • rsalveti to check if we're able to send more boards for andrey_konovalov
    • rsalveti to send the email with suggestions for UDS-Q, and approval from asac + kiko
  • wookey
    • rsalveti to sync with wookey about having a bp for the multi-arch fixes
    • rsalveti to sync with wookey about working with multi-arch fixes on the porting jam

People present (lines said)

  • rsalveti (250)
  • hrw (42)
  • wookey (42)
  • fabo (27)
  • aviksil (22)
  • suihkulokki (19)
  • jcrigby (17)
  • zyga (10)
  • andrey_konovalov (9)
  • doanac (6)
  • dzin (5)
  • danilos (4)
  • ubot2` (4)
  • linarobot` (3)
  • plars_ (1)
  • plars (1)

Platform/DevPlatform/Meetings/2012-03-15 (last modified 2012-03-16 14:54:05)