Include: Nothing found for "^## meetings$"!

Include: Nothing found for "^## end-meetings$"!

Getting Started

We also maintain a set of how-to's related to cross-compiling

About

Out primary goal is to provide a common platform to use as the basis for Validation test heads and optimized hardware-specific builds. We work with a few teams to help make this happen:

Meeting Information

  • We have weekly meetings that anyone can attend. You can view the schedule and see logs of past meetings here.

  • We also meet face-to-face at Linaro Connect events.

Contact

Agenda

  • Highlights - Tech Lead
    • Vacation
      • wookey is back!
  • Actions from last meeting - Tech Lead chasing
  • 11.08 Release
  • 11.09 Planning
  • Blueprint review - All team members
  • Bugs and image issues - All team members
    • Go over 11.08 targeted bugs, make sure all are at least assigned to someone
  • Any Other Business (AOB)

Past Action items

  • All: make sure the report is posted before the meeting at the wiki page
  • All: complete the Connect survey before 17 August
  • rsalveti: work with suihkulokki to create a BP for the multiarch related work
  • rsalveti: work with jcrigby to prioritize his TODO list
  • rsalveti: create the cross build (live-build) work for 11.08 with tgall_foo
  • fabo: investigate why libjpeg-turbo and u-boot-linaro doesn't have BP assigned (tracked outside of the project?)

Action Items

  • Action items that came out of this weeks meeting.


Engineers Reports

Your Name <irc nick>

Highlights

  • Short bullet points of work you've done that week which convey progress and highlights which can be used to report on how the team is progressing as a whole.

Plans

  • Your individual plans for the coming week(s).

Issues

  • Your individual plans for the coming week(s).

Ricardo Salveti <rsalveti>

Highlights

  • Starting the WG deliverables integration
  • BPs for 11.08
  • Initial backlog for 11.09 and future months

Plans

  • 11.08 Release
  • 11.09 Planning
  • Get SGX to work properly with Oneiric

Riku Voipio <suihkulokki>

Highlights

Plans

  • Finish the list of packages

Wookey <wookey>

Highlights

Plans

  • Upload patched natty packages to PPA along with xdeb so we have some stable that cross-builds.

Avik Sil <aviksil>

Highlights

  • Got xrestop test definitions merged into lava-test
  • Working on ltrace packaging adding fix from David Gilbert
  • Working on packaging libpfm4 and functracer
  • Was on vacation from 12th to 15th

Plans

John Rigby <jcrigby>

Highlights

  • Got USB working with SPL enabled U-Boot, packaged and pushed to overlay PPA.
  • Fixed some PXE bugs in U-Boot.
  • Pushed a new mx5 kernel to Ubuntu with do_tools on (will make arch headers and tools now).

Plans

  • Push U-Boot to Ubuntu archive (with an FFE).
  • Finish separating building of arch headers and tools into separate source package instead of including in mx51 build.
  • Package latest linux-linaro and work on CI script.
  • Implement kernel config unification automation as discussed at Linaro Connect (for 11.09).

Issues

  • mx5 kernel is stuck in new queue.

Marcin Juszkiewicz <hrw>

Highlights

  • automated backport-ppa update

Issues

  • binutils sysroot problem with generic tarball toolchain

Plans

  • Update cross toolchains for 11.08

Tom Gall <Dr_Who>

Highlights

  • Since last week Thursday been on "vacation" but working approx 1/2 days to keep things on schedule
  • Packaged up a 1.1.2 candidate, make test however fails
    • debugged over several days, some of the new arm simd code is to blame, looks to be using incorrect ranges from what I can see
  • package up 1.1.90 candidate based on upstream, make test passes
  • will likely release 1.1.90 version for 11.08
  • updated live-build is use on the product machines.

Plans

  • will port android changes into 1.1.90 and submit upstream
  • perf analysis of libjpeg-turbo
  • nano cross build which is even smaller

Issues

  • 11.08 with vacations and such is fairly compressed.


IRC logs

#linaro-meeting Meeting

Meeting started by rsalveti at 14:01:14 UTC. The full logs are available at http://irclogs.linaro.org/meeting-logs/linaro-meeting/2011/linaro-meeting.2011-08-18-14.01.log.html .

Meeting summary

  • LINK: https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/DevPlatform/Meetings/2011-08-18 (rsalveti, 14:01:22)

  • Highlights (rsalveti, 14:01:36)

    • wookey is back to work ;-) (rsalveti, 14:02:11)

    • dzin off tomorrow (rsalveti, 14:02:43)
  • Actions from last meeting (rsalveti, 14:07:04)

    • All: make sure the report is posted before the meeting at the wiki page - DONE (rsalveti, 14:07:30)
    • All: complete the Connect survey before 17 August - DONE (rsalveti, 14:08:29)
    • rsalveti: work with suihkulokki to create a BP for the multiarch related work - DONE (rsalveti, 14:09:05)
    • rsalveti: work with jcrigby to prioritize his TODO list - DONE (rsalveti, 14:09:32)
    • rsalveti: create the cross build (live-build) work for 11.08 with tgall_foo - DONE (rsalveti, 14:10:20)
    • fabo: investigate why libjpeg-turbo and u-boot-linaro doesn't have BP assigned (tracked outside of the project?) (rsalveti, 14:12:01)
    • ACTION: rsalveti to discuss with fabo and jcrigby about how to track future work at u-boot (linaro-ubuntu x u-boot-linaro) (rsalveti, 14:16:17)

  • 11.08 Release (rsalveti, 14:16:58)

    • jcrigby, tgall_foo and rsalveti will be part of the response release team fro devplatform (rsalveti, 14:32:58)
  • 11.09 Planning (rsalveti, 14:33:40)

  • Blueprint review (rsalveti, 14:41:42)

  • Bugs and image issues (rsalveti, 14:55:34)

  • Any Other Business (AOB) (rsalveti, 14:59:56)

Meeting ended at 15:01:24 UTC.

Action items

  • rsalveti to discuss with fabo and jcrigby about how to track future work at u-boot (linaro-ubuntu x u-boot-linaro)

Action items, by person

  • fabo
    • rsalveti to discuss with fabo and jcrigby about how to track future work at u-boot (linaro-ubuntu x u-boot-linaro)
  • jcrigby
    • rsalveti to discuss with fabo and jcrigby about how to track future work at u-boot (linaro-ubuntu x u-boot-linaro)
  • rsalveti
    • rsalveti to discuss with fabo and jcrigby about how to track future work at u-boot (linaro-ubuntu x u-boot-linaro)

People present (lines said)

  • rsalveti (198)
  • jcrigby (30)
  • hrw (24)
  • fabo (19)
  • dzin (7)
  • wookey (7)
  • aviksil (6)
  • suihkulokki (5)

Platform/DevPlatform/Meetings/2011-08-18 (last modified 2012-03-29 01:48:41)