Include: Nothing found for "^## meetings$"!

Include: Nothing found for "^## end-meetings$"!

Getting Started

We also maintain a set of how-to's related to cross-compiling

About

Out primary goal is to provide a common platform to use as the basis for Validation test heads and optimized hardware-specific builds. We work with a few teams to help make this happen:

Meeting Information

  • We have weekly meetings that anyone can attend. You can view the schedule and see logs of past meetings here.

  • We also meet face-to-face at Linaro Connect events.

Contact

Agenda

  • Announcements - Tech Lead
    • Experimenting new meeting format
    • Ubuntu Oneiric Feature Freeze
    • Vacation:
      • Marcin - next Monday and Tuesday
      • Avik - this Friday
      • Tom - Half days during next week
  • Actions from last meeting - Tech Lead chasing
  • Linaro Connect Q3.11
  • 11.08 Release Date and Planning
  • Blueprint review - All team members
  • Bugs and image issues - All team members
    • Go over 11.08 targeted bugs, make sure all are at least assigned to someone
  • Any Other Business (AOB)

Past Action items

  • No items

Action Items

  • All: make sure the report is posted before the meeting at the wiki page
  • All: complete the Connect survey before 17 August
  • rsalveti: work with suihkulokki to create a BP for the multiarch related work
  • rsalveti: work with jcrigby to prioritize his TODO list
  • rsalveti: create the cross build (live-build) work for 11.08 with tgall_foo
  • fabo: investigate why libjpeg-turbo and u-boot-linaro doesn't have BP assigned (tracked outside of the project?)


Engineers Reports

Your Name <irc nick>

Highlights

  • Short bullet points of work you've done that week which convey progress and highlights which can be used to report on how the team is progressing as a whole.

Plans

  • Your individual plans for the coming week(s).

Issues

  • Your individual plans for the coming week(s).


Ricardo Salveti <rsalveti>

Highlights

  • Ran Linaro Connect Q3.11 Dev Platform sessions
  • Prepared Unity 3D on Ubuntu LEB demo for ARM (presented by Andy Green)
  • Closed 11.07 milestone and started 11.08

Plans

  • Flush Connect sessions into Blueprints for 11.08 and 11.09
  • Push CI harder, setting staging PPA and preparing the images

Tom Gall <Dr_Who>

Highlights

  • libturbo-jpeg
    • plans for 11.08, 11.09, and 11.10 put together, posted to list.
    • git mainline synced with upstream mainline
      • make test passed on arm hardware
    • git 1.1.1-linaro-android
      • couple of fixes from mru and cyang, make test does not pass
    • 1.1.2 release mostly assembled
      • make test doesn't quite pass
  • live-build3
    • update in progress.

Plans

  • little vacation all next week (will only work 1/2 days)
  • blueprint 11.08 activities

Issues

  • blueprinting 11.08 activities 2 weeks into the cycle.

Avik Sil <aviksil>

Highlights

  • Linaro Connect
  • Got bootchart and smem test definitions merged into lava-test
  • Wrote test definition for xrestop

Plans

  • On vacation from 12th to 15th
  • Get xrestop merged into lava-test and get the results available on validation dashboard

Marcin Juszkiewicz <hrw>

Highlights

  • Linaro toolchain backport PPA

Plans

  • Monday/Tuesday on vacations

Issues

  • Linaro backports PPA takes 1.9/2.0GB - need more space there

Riku Voipio <suihkulokki>

Highlights

  • Linaro connect / Debconf
  • collected list of biarch/ia32-libs packages and reviewed their current multiarch status: http://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/ToDo

  • Submitted libsdl and libpciaccess multiarching patches
  • general multiarch testing
  • Qemu patch review

Plans

  • Select the relevant packages (for crosscompile p.o.v) from biarch/ia32-libs list and create a blueprint for multiarching them
  • work on fixing any potential roadblocks for getting multiarch crosscompile to work out of box (eg /lib64 symlink, searching libraries from multiarch paths etc)

John Rigby <jcrigby>

Highlights

  • Attended Linaro Connect and Helped drive some sessions. Came away with a long llst of TODOs
    • Package an i.MX5 kernel for universe [Done]
    • Develop a method of dealing with kernel config changes automatically for kernel CI
    • Keep u-boot-linaro more up to date with upstream for u-boot CI
    • Write script for kernel merging for kernel CI
  • Have another list of things I want to work on. Number one there is recover bricked boards from USB. I believe we can do this just knowledge we have available now no secret sauce needed for omap or mx.

Plans

  • Fix USB problem with latest upstream SPL enabled kernel. I think I am close on this.
  • U-Boot pxe bugs

Issues

  • My TODO list is long

IRC logs

Development Platform Team Meeting

<rsalveti>      #startmeeting
<linarobot>     Meeting started Thu Aug 11 14:03:45 2011 UTC. The chair is rsalveti.
<linarobot>     Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
<rsalveti>      #link https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/DevPlatform/Meetings/2011-08-11
<rsalveti>      #topic Announcements
<rsalveti>      I changed the meeting format a little bit
<rsalveti>      as posting the status at the wiki and later at the IRC kind of sounds like just duplicated work
<rsalveti>      we should use this meeting more for discussion and issues
<rsalveti>      we'll see how it goes :-)
<hrw>           ok
<suihkulokki>   makes sense
<rsalveti>      for that, extra action for everybody
<rsalveti>      #action Everyone to make sure the report is posted before the meeting at the wiki page
<rsalveti>      guess for today it's just missing jcrigby's report 
<rsalveti>      jcrigby: ping :-)
<jcrigby>       sorry, I am here, adding notes to wiki
<rsalveti>      jcrigby: morning!
<asac>          o/
<rsalveti>      hey asac 
<rsalveti>      welcome ;-)
<rsalveti>      so, Ubuntu Feature Freeze for Oneiric should be in place today, at 18UTC
<rsalveti>      so if you have new packages to upload, make sure you're uploading it before 18UTC
<fabo>          rsalveti: it affects one BP
<asac>          hmm
<rsalveti>      fabo: you mean the freescale one?
<rsalveti>      if so, jcrigby is handling that today
<fabo>          rsalveti: yes, https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-ubuntu/+spec/o-freescale-lt-kernel-ubuntu
<hrw>           rsalveti: feature freeze != upload freeze
<rsalveti>      hrw: sure, but new packages is kind of a new feature :-)
<fabo>          it means we'll need a FFe
<rsalveti>      fabo: we'll see, he created the kernel package already, and janimo already tested it
<rsalveti>      guess he only need to create the source package now and janimo will take care of pushing it to the archive 
<hrw>           it can even fail to build ;D
<rsalveti>      push now, fix later ;-)
<hrw>           most important is to get this to archive
*               hrw learnt that from ogra
<fabo>          ok, let's follow up later :)
<rsalveti>      still on announcements
<rsalveti>      vacations!
<hrw>           feature freeze == upload, fix after
<rsalveti>      marcin will be off next monday and tuesday
<rsalveti>      aviksil off tomorrow
<rsalveti>      and tgall_foo kind of off next week, working half days
<rsalveti>      but, wookey should be back on monday
<aviksil>       and monday is IBM bangalore holiday :)
<rsalveti>      aviksil: so are you off tomorrow and monday?
<aviksil>       rsalveti: yes
<rsalveti>      ok, noted
<rsalveti>      enjoy :-)
<aviksil>       rsalveti: :)
<rsalveti>      moving
<rsalveti>      #topic Actions from last meeting
<rsalveti>      none for now
<rsalveti>      #topic Linaro Connect Q3.11
<rsalveti>      #link https://wiki.linaro.org/Events/LinaroConnectQ3.11/Platform/Sessions
<rsalveti>      this week shows the sessions we had last week
<rsalveti>      *wiki
<rsalveti>      most should have notes at the etherpad link
<rsalveti>      it was a quite nice week in general, and we finally know what we need to do for CI
<rsalveti>      too bad tgall_foo wasn't there
<hrw>           and for lava (star rating)
<rsalveti>      for the format of the event it seems harder to participate remotely
<rsalveti>      sure
<hrw>           rsalveti: harder? impossible rather
<rsalveti>      yeah =\
<rsalveti>      so in general some topics that will probably affect everyone:
<rsalveti>       - CI :-)
<rsalveti>       - lava improvements
<rsalveti>       - qatracker replacement
<rsalveti>       - hwpack v2 is almost done
<hrw>           qatracker replacement == lava
<hrw>           nearly
<fabo>          hrw: lava-qatracker :)
<hrw>           fabo: I do not know how they named it
<rsalveti>       - and native and cross vanilla gcc packages
<hrw>           s/vanilla/linaro-gcc/
<rsalveti>      yup, vanilla linaro gcc ;-)
<rsalveti>      linaro vanilla, whatever :P
<hrw>           for me vanilla == fsf
<suihkulokki>   what is the CI plan for say, cross-building packages ?
<rsalveti>      suihkulokki: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-ubuntu/+spec/linaro-platforms-o-cross-buildd
<hrw>           suihkulokki: we want CI to build cross toolchain and then cross compile something as a test?
<rsalveti>      the old buildd idea, at least for usual cross build packaging work
<rsalveti>      any specific comment about Connect?
<tgall_foo>     rsalveti, :-/
<hrw>           connect had better chairs then ubuntu rally ;)
<suihkulokki>   hrw: I see, and that would be easy to expand to new testcases as well.
<hrw>           suihkulokki: yes
<rsalveti>      remember all to complete the survey before 17 August
*               hrw did
*               suihkulokki completed already
<rsalveti>      great
<rsalveti>      ok, moving
<rsalveti>      #topic 11.08 Release Date and Planning
<rsalveti>       - Still based on Natty (we should probably change to Oneiric at 11.10 or 11.10)
<hrw>           or at 11.10
<rsalveti>      yeah, beta 2 should be stable enough I believe, and it's targeted to September 22nd
<rsalveti>      oneiric should be released at October 13th
<rsalveti>       - WGs deliverables deadline is Aug 18
<rsalveti>      jcrigby: ^ for u-boot :-)
<rsalveti>       - RC Deadline is Monday Aug 22
*               dlezcano has quit (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
<rsalveti>      idea is to have the RC at monday eod
<rsalveti>      don't know how much of CI we'll be able to have before the RC, but we'll see how it goes
<rsalveti>      any questions?
<fabo>          yep
<fabo>          libjpeg-turbo release, when?
<rsalveti>      deadline should also be Aug 18
<rsalveti>      for the 11.08 release
<fabo>          does it include the port for android?
<rsalveti>      tgall_foo: ?
*               tgall_foo is in another meeting right now
<tgall_foo>     fabo, 1.1.2 release should be in the next couple ofdays .. it was to be today but I discovered from regressions
<fabo>          libjpeg-turbo and u-boot-linaro doesn't have BP assigned or bugs
<rsalveti>      for u-boot we're tracing the BPs at linaro-ubuntu currently
<rsalveti>      mostly SPL related work this month
<rsalveti>      for libjeg-turbo would be good to check with the MWG BP list
<fabo>          k, I wonder how to improve this
<fabo>          the BP should land on the milestone page
<rsalveti>      for each project
<aviksil>       power cut in my house. running wi-fi router on UPS. may get disconnected in few minutes!
<fabo>          #action fabo investigates why libjpeg-turbo and u-boot-linaro doesn't have BP assigned (tracked outside of the project?)
<fabo>          rsalveti: yes
<rsalveti>      yup, let's discuss this after the meeting
<fabo>          ok, no more question on my list
<rsalveti>      ok, moving on
<rsalveti>      #topic Blueprint review
<rsalveti>      created this topic to go over the blueprints, just to make sure we're in sync and that all blockers are reported 
<rsalveti>      #link https://launchpad.net/linaro-ubuntu/+milestone/11.08
<rsalveti>      we have some BPs already, but still not the final list
<rsalveti>      Connect affected the priorities, but we should flush everything until end of this week
<rsalveti>      hrw: I moved the cross toolchain ppa one to 11.08, also adding the 11.08 packages
<rsalveti>      but guess that you're almost done with the 11.07 items
<hrw>           rsalveti: yes, finally
<hrw>           found few new changes to do in them but 11.08 will be far easier
<rsalveti>      great, can you update the BP later?
<hrw>           just marked lucid as done
<rsalveti>      hrw: then the other for you is the binary toolchain, think you can make it for 11.08?
<hrw>           plan to
<rsalveti>      hrw: then we have the native and cross for linaro-gcc and also CI for them
<rsalveti>      for 11.08 I believe it should be enough to deal just the the packages from Ubuntu
<rsalveti>      but for 11.09 I believe we should work more against the linaro-gcc packages 
<rsalveti>      what do you think?
<hrw>           moment
<hrw>           11.09 we should ci them
<rsalveti>      asac: if you're still here, want to move the star rating BP for you?
<rsalveti>      asac: as you updated the wiki and was hunting down the LTs to get the result ;-)
<rsalveti>      hrw: ok, seems fine
<rsalveti>      jcrigby: you! :-)
<rsalveti>      jcrigby: you have the SPL related ones and the freescale lt package
<rsalveti>      besides the usual packaging for linux-linaro and ti-lt
<jcrigby>       sorry, having conv with janimo in linaro
<jcrigby>       rsalveti, just marked all freescale lt stuff done
<rsalveti>      jcrigby: great :-)
<fabo>          hehe :)
<rsalveti>      jcrigby: and for the u-boot related ones, are you comfortable with them?
<jcrigby>       rsalveti, and once I fix this spl-usb problem I can finish that
<jcrigby>       I think I have the problem, a dpll setup difference from x-loader
<rsalveti>      jcrigby: ok, let me know if it's too easy for you and we can move some other bps ;-)
<rsalveti>      jcrigby: got it
<rsalveti>      jcrigby: also, I saw some patches and discussions regarding u-boot and fastboot at linaro-dev
<rsalveti>      don't know in details how related is that with the initial discussion you had in the past
<jcrigby>       yes, they went to u-boot list too,
<jcrigby>       timing was interesting as wd is on vacation
<rsalveti>      hehe, we'll see :-)
<rsalveti>      maybe some fastboot work for 11.09
<jcrigby>       it is very interesting as he has added mmc support which was missing before
<rsalveti>      yeah
<rsalveti>      ok, seems you have enough :-)
<rsalveti>      Dr_Who: tgall_foo: able to talk now?
<tgall_foo>     rsalveti, yup
<rsalveti>      you have the usual libjpeg work
<asac>          rsalveti: yes, leave that to me
<rsalveti>      and you also said you wanted to do some work on the live-build cross support
<rsalveti>      asac: great
<asac>          rsalveti: working with fathi on a better form for this month. and will publish the results for feedback soon
<tgall_foo>     yes so focus item has been ljt over the past few days, and live-build I pushed an updated last night to close out the one bug
<rsalveti>      asac: good :-)
<rsalveti>      tgall_foo: any other specific development for it? besides upstream work
<tgall_foo>     rsalveti, cross build wise it would be nice to get nano such that was being constructed from it's own base list of packages using multistrap (or akin)
<fabo>          tgall_foo: how does work ljt for android? is it based on 1.1.2 source code/merged already?
<rsalveti>      yeah, guess that should be one bp
<rsalveti>      tgall_foo: and if possible, would be good to have you helping with the CI stuff :-)
<tgall_foo>     fabo, android is 1.1.1+  0
<hrw>           rsalveti: one more thing - whom to ask for more space for PPA? backports PPA is at 97% full
<tgall_foo>     rsalveti, sure be happy to help with the CI work as well
<rsalveti>      hrw: if it's urgent we can ask #is
<fabo>          tgall_foo: ok, so you're done with ljt after releasing 1.1.2 afaiu
<rsalveti>      hrw: let's go there after the meeting
<tgall_foo>     the nano side of live-build should be a pretty small effort  so should be reasonable for 11.08
<rsalveti>      tgall_foo: great
<hrw>           ok
<tgall_foo>     fabo, pretty much save for upstream 1.2 activities
<rsalveti>      ok, sounds fine
<fabo>          cool
<rsalveti>      suihkulokki: you :-)
<rsalveti>      suihkulokki: how do you want to create the BPs that could fit 11.08?
<rsalveti>      suihkulokki: by a list of packages, subsets?
<suihkulokki>   list of packages is probably a good way
<suihkulokki>   18th was the deadline for 11.08 ?
<rsalveti>      suihkulokki: for working groups deliverables 
<rsalveti>      suihkulokki: for image work 22 and for continuous work it could be near 25
<rsalveti>      suihkulokki: let's have a discussion later so we can create the bps for you
<suihkulokki>   ok
<rsalveti>      suihkulokki: mind moving https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-ubuntu/+spec/linaro-platforms-o-ubuntu-tracing-stories to avik?
<rsalveti>      guess it's more related with the work he's currently doing
<suihkulokki>   rsalveti: ok. I can help avik with some of the packaging tasks still
<rsalveti>      suihkulokki: sure, great :-)
<rsalveti>      ok, and for wookey we'll see next monday
<rsalveti>      moving on
<rsalveti>      #topic Bugs and image issues
<rsalveti>      you can all see the bug list for 11.08 at https://launchpad.net/linaro-ubuntu/+milestone/11.08
<rsalveti>      it should have even more bugs later on, but seems this is a good start
<rsalveti>      the most critical ones are 816638 and 817317
<rsalveti>      anyone willing to help with the pulseaudio issue?
<rsalveti>      bug 816638 and bug 817317
<ubot2>         Launchpad bug 816638 in linaro-ubuntu "Pulseaudio consumes 100% of the cpu when trying to play a sound with natty's linaro LEB and 3.0.0-1402-linaro-lt-omap " [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/816638
<ubot2>         Launchpad bug 817317 in linaro-ubuntu "[mx51evk] root not found and boot failed to initramfs shell" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/817317
<rsalveti>      the second one will just assign to jcrigby :-)
<jcrigby>       is that last one the ext4 thing?
<jcrigby>       if so that should be fixed
<rsalveti>      yeah
<rsalveti>      bug 709245 is also an interesting one
<ubot2>         Launchpad bug 709245 in linux-ti-omap4 "ARM SMP scheduler performance bug" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/709245
<rsalveti>      was the ping-improve-usb performance one
<rsalveti>      seems it's not only related with panda after all
<hrw>           would be nice to check simple aplay/speaker-test for pulseaudio one
<hrw>           cause it may be kernel bug not userspace
<rsalveti>      yeah
<rsalveti>      but pulse eating the whole cpu is also not right :-)
<hrw>           709245 one is kernel people
<rsalveti>      yup
<rsalveti>      any other bug to be fixed for 11.08?
<rsalveti>      when triaging bugs just create a bugtask for linux-ubuntu and move it to 11.08 if you think it'd be good to have it fixed for this cycle
<jcrigby>       re 817317 it is the lt kernel
<rsalveti>      I thought it was the linux-linaro one
<jcrigby>       the linux-linaro one does not build at all because of dt mmc issues
<rsalveti>      jcrigby: 3.0.0-1001-linaro-mx51 
<jcrigby>       you have to turn off mmc for it to build
<rsalveti>      yeah, so that's the issue
<rsalveti>      initially was lack of a config option
<jcrigby>       so we can get shared headers out of it
<rsalveti>      that later turned out into a build issue
<jcrigby>       yes
<rsalveti>      jcrigby: yeah, also another bp for you, move the headers package into a separated package ;-)
<jcrigby>       yes
<rsalveti>      you said it was the first thing for you this month ;-)
<rsalveti>      ok, running out of time
<rsalveti>      #topic AOB
<rsalveti>      anyone?
*               tgall_foo thinks
<rsalveti>      going 3
<rsalveti>      2
<hrw>           1
<rsalveti>      1
<rsalveti>      #endmeeting
<linarobot>     Meeting ended Thu Aug 11 15:02:06 2011 UTC.
<linarobot>     Minutes:        http://irclogs.linaro.org/meeting-logs/linaro-meeting/2011/linaro-meeting.2011-08-11-14.03.html
<linarobot>     Minutes (text): http://irclogs.linaro.org/meeting-logs/linaro-meeting/2011/linaro-meeting.2011-08-11-14.03.txt
<linarobot>     Log:            http://irclogs.linaro.org/meeting-logs/linaro-meeting/2011/linaro-meeting.2011-08-11-14.03.log.html
<linarobot>     Wiki:           http://irclogs.linaro.org/meeting-logs/linaro-meeting/2011/linaro-meeting.2011-08-11-14.03.wiki.txt

Platform/DevPlatform/Meetings/2011-08-11 (last modified 2012-03-29 01:47:59)