Wednesday 11 Aug 2010
- Review action items from last meeting
- Feature Freeze reminder
- Blueprint status for linaro 10.11 beta
reproducible bootstrapped toolchain; getting it working now with xdeb
toolchain patches to land in the archive this week
works, but needs cleanup; working on final patch
tentative stable linaro kernel tree published, Versatile Express packages coming
modified bootchart to record memory usage info. TSC just approved license.
ASLR to be done next week, requesting FFe
u-boot packages in ppa
xdeb needs work to support downloading Packages files for the correct architecture and to use these for calculating dependencies; in progress
preliminary library packages in ppa, but need to talk to LSB about standardizing paths
Action Items from this Meeting
Action Items from Previous Meeting
- slangasek to check with mvo whether multiarch bits in experimental are ready for maverick: DONE
- dmart to post details of commit unbreaking debug symbol extraction to the bug in launchpad
- slangasek to chase IS on status of de-virtualization of kernel PPA: DONE
slangasek to look into getting a MootBot for #linaro-meeting
- Extended bootchart to collect global memory usage status - should be uncontraversial since the amount of extra data is modest compared with what is already collected.
- Extended pybootchartgui to graph overall memory usage in a simple way - needs tidying up and discussing the the package maintainers
- Stalled on TSC licence approval before code can be pushed to launchpad - confirmation expected today.
- Most patches to make loading debug images work now in linux-2.6-tip and linus' tree
- One critical patch for getting symbol offsets right needs more work and is not upstream yet.
See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/608775 for detail on current status.
- Discuss with plars how to extract useful summary information from the memory usage info, for integrating into the automated testing infrastructure.
- Now have a bootstrapped (but unpackaged) v7-a thumb2 compiler, patched to successfully build ncurses with xdeb
- Building armv5/v6 etc compilers should now be trivial.
File sytem sizes shown in both command line & GUI runs
- Bootstrapped compiler fails in xorg-common/mesa
- Broken packages in buildds
Continue work item "Build cross-compiler binaries from maverick compiler source packages for architectures armv5 & armv6"
- Test Tom Gall's "alip-ael" image on Versatile Express
- Tidy code
- Prepare patches
- This week I helped test the Alpha3 release and worked on u-boot.
- Tested the Aug3 and Aug5 dailies on both Beagle C4 and xM.
- Found some issues with linaro-image-create and pushed the fixes.
- Found some issues with flash-kernel and pushed fixes.
- Did some more cleanup recommended by Tim G.
- Incorporated additional changes from Tim G.
- Submitted device tree patches to u-boot mailing list for review.
- Started working on fixes based on comments.
- Created a linaro u-boot branch on git.linaro.org that is based on
- current upstream
- rebased C4/xM patches
- Versatile Express patches from Matt Waddel
- Debian packaging It currently builds u-boot binaries for panda, beagle, babbage and Versatile Express
- Go back to kernel packaging and add versatile express building.
- Decide if/how to do separate kernel source packages.
- Initial investigations into how to implement per-user burn-down charts.
- Discussed the image building process with asac. Plan is for me to take over this duty post Alpha-3.
- Alpha-3 release notes, wiki page editing and general admin for the release.
- Added new icons from the web design company to the wiki. Some discussion about sizes and layout, settled on the current design.
- Initial investigations into booking travel for Linux Plumbers and UDS/LDS.
Face-to-face meeting with ARM. Presented two topics, slides available at JamieBennett#Presentations Given, and participated in much discussion. Everyone seemed happy with the outcome of the day.
Finished off the introduction to some of ARM's Project Managers on how we project manage in Ubuntu and Linaro. Phone call and discussions. More thoughts documented at https://wiki.linaro.org/Process/ProjectManagement.
- Take input from the status page meeting and hack scripts to better suit our needs.
- Implement per-person burndown charts for the Linaro teams.
- Current release status summary.
- Analysis of requirements to deliverables for the 10.11 release cycle.
Platform/DevPlatform/Meetings/2010-08-11 (last modified 2011-03-11 11:31:33)