Wednesday 11 Aug 2010

Attendees

Agenda

  • Review action items from last meeting
  • Feature Freeze reminder
  • Blueprint status for linaro 10.11 beta
  • Blueprint

    Assignee

    arm-m-ael-alip-evaluation

    ppearse

    reproducible bootstrapped toolchain; getting it working now with xdeb

    arm-m-cross-compilers

    hrw

    toolchain patches to land in the archive this week

    arm-m-debugging-with-oprofile

    dmart

    works, but needs cleanup; working on final patch

    arm-m-kernel-version-alignment

    npitre, jcrigby

    tentative stable linaro kernel tree published, Versatile Express packages coming

    arm-m-memory-footprint

    dmart

    modified bootchart to record memory usage info. TSC just approved license.

    arm-m-missing-security-features

    npitre

    ASLR to be done next week, requesting FFe

    arm-m-testsuites-and-profilers

    dmart

    arm-m-uboot-features-and-performance

    jcrigby

    u-boot packages in ppa

    arm-m-xdeb-cross-compilation-environment

    wookey

    xdeb needs work to support downloading Packages files for the correct architecture and to use these for calculating dependencies; in progress

    foundations-m-multiarch-support

    slangasek

    preliminary library packages in ppa, but need to talk to LSB about standardizing paths

Action Items from this Meeting

  • TBA

Action Items from Previous Meeting

  • slangasek to check with mvo whether multiarch bits in experimental are ready for maverick: DONE
  • dmart to post details of commit unbreaking debug symbol extraction to the bug in launchpad
  • slangasek to chase IS on status of de-virtualization of kernel PPA: DONE
  • slangasek to look into getting a MootBot for #linaro-meeting

Minutes

  • TBA

Status Reports

Dave Martin

Memory Footprint

  • Extended bootchart to collect global memory usage status - should be uncontraversial since the amount of extra data is modest compared with what is already collected.
  • Extended pybootchartgui to graph overall memory usage in a simple way - needs tidying up and discussing the the package maintainers
  • Stalled on TSC licence approval before code can be pushed to launchpad - confirmation expected today.

Perf tools

Plans

  • Discuss with plars how to extract useful summary information from the memory usage info, for integrating into the automated testing infrastructure.

Peter Pearse

Progress

  • arm-m-ael-alip-evaluation:
    • Now have a bootstrapped (but unpackaged) v7-a thumb2 compiler, patched to successfully build ncurses with xdeb
    • Building armv5/v6 etc compilers should now be trivial.
  • arm-m-ael-alip-appman-ext:
    • File sytem sizes shown in both command line & GUI runs

Issues

  • Bootstrapped compiler fails in xorg-common/mesa
  • Broken packages in buildds

Plans

  • arm-m-ael-alip-evaluation:
    • Continue work item "Build cross-compiler binaries from maverick compiler source packages for architectures armv5 & armv6"

    • Test Tom Gall's "alip-ael" image on Versatile Express
  • arm-m-ael-alip-appman-ext:
    • Tidy code
    • Prepare patches

John Rigby

Summary

  • This week I helped test the Alpha3 release and worked on u-boot.

Alpha3

  • Tested the Aug3 and Aug5 dailies on both Beagle C4 and xM.
  • Found some issues with linaro-image-create and pushed the fixes.
  • Found some issues with flash-kernel and pushed fixes.

Kernel

  • Did some more cleanup recommended by Tim G.
  • Incorporated additional changes from Tim G.

U-Boot

  • Submitted device tree patches to u-boot mailing list for review.
  • Started working on fixes based on comments.
  • Created a linaro u-boot branch on git.linaro.org that is based on
    • current upstream
    • rebased C4/xM patches
    • Versatile Express patches from Matt Waddel
    • Debian packaging It currently builds u-boot binaries for panda, beagle, babbage and Versatile Express

Next Week

  • Go back to kernel packaging and add versatile express building.
  • Decide if/how to do separate kernel source packages.

Jamie Bennett

This Week

  • Development
    • Initial investigations into how to implement per-user burn-down charts.
  • Process
    • Discussed the image building process with asac. Plan is for me to take over this duty post Alpha-3.
    • Alpha-3 release notes, wiki page editing and general admin for the release.
    • Added new icons from the web design company to the wiki. Some discussion about sizes and layout, settled on the current design.
  • Admin
    • Initial investigations into booking travel for Linux Plumbers and UDS/LDS.
  • Meetings
    • Face-to-face meeting with ARM. Presented two topics, slides available at JamieBennett#Presentations Given, and participated in much discussion. Everyone seemed happy with the outcome of the day.

    • Finished off the introduction to some of ARM's Project Managers on how we project manage in Ubuntu and Linaro. Phone call and discussions. More thoughts documented at https://wiki.linaro.org/Process/ProjectManagement.

Future

  • Take input from the status page meeting and hack scripts to better suit our needs.
  • Implement per-person burndown charts for the Linaro teams.
  • Current release status summary.
  • Analysis of requirements to deliverables for the 10.11 release cycle.

Meeting Log

Platform/DevPlatform/Meetings/2010-08-11 (last modified 2011-03-11 11:31:33)