- Period: (20110408-20110414)
Past reports : https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/Android/Status
Key Points for wider discussion
- Work continues on producing a boottarball, instead of a roottarball, that includes the rootfs, kernel and bootloader. A second batch of patches are out for review.
- The Contribution Agreement with Google for the AOSP has been received. A copy of which can be found at:
- A start has been made to create a more hardware-pack like 'overlay' for Android that will bring in additional software such as binary drivers to the images.
- The Linaro ARM Optimized Toolchain for Android was announced to the android-platform mailing list for further discussion.
- Several more contributions were sent to the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) including audioflinger, graphite, and libpixelflinger enhancements.
- The Android functionality to linaro-media-create gained boottarball support.
- Investigations into integrating Android testing into LAVA are underway. Fruits of this are expected to land in the next couple of weeks.
Risks / Issues
HIGH IMPACT: The recent earthquake and Tsunami in Japan has meant that work has stalled for some of the engineers. All are reported to be OK but KJ-nabe & An were worst affected as their company premises were badly hit. They may not be back for a couple of months (6 weeks).
HIGH IMPACT: Currently the Linaro Android efforts are based on 2.6.37 but with Linaro moving to 2.6.38 and the upstream Android 2.6.38 kernel being available some rebasing efforts will be needed. John Stultz, Patrik Ryd and others need to discuss how this can be done in the smoothest way (9 weeks). Some amount of effort will be needed but that effort is unclear at this point. Will lower level after initial investigations if necessary. Investigations have started.
Platform/Android/Status/2011-04-14 (last modified 2011-04-18 07:29:38)