Agenda

Past Action items

  • pfefferz to connect _Thomas with the OMX source INPROGRESS
  • Annamalai123 to post binary and readme for OMX decode TODO
  • bero to help Annamalai123 integrate his Audio stuff TODO
  • Annamalai123 to check if Cyanogen really had a single manifest. INPROGRESS (waiting on Cyanogen's reply)
  • bero, danilos to be suspicious towards Jenkins and report weird build errors, especially https://launchpad.net/bugs/911184: TODO

  • Send post-mortum to Tony: DONE
  • Patrik to file a BP to track licensing with TSC: TODO

Action Items

  • Action items that came out of this weeks meeting.


Engineers Reports

Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <bero>

Highlights

  • Connect+ABS sessions
  • Talked to various people at Connect+ABS (most importantly Adeneo guys)
  • iMX6 boots+works
  • Patched iMX6 support into linaro-image-tools
  • Toolchain 12.02 release
  • binutils 2.22.51.0.1 merged into toolchain
  • gmp 5.0.4 merged into toolchain
  • cloog 0.17.0 merged into toolchain
  • updated ffmpeg to 0.10
  • initial gcc 4.7 toolchain builds set up

Plans

  • SMP optimizations
  • ELC talk

Issues

  • Still not fully arrived in the Connect/ABS/ELC timezone

Abhishek Paliwal <pabhishek>

Highlights

  • Attending Connect and ABS sessions
  • Transforming test case sheets - done. Review pending.

Plans

  • Create preview releases for 12.02
  • Travelling back to India on 15th Feb(Wednesday)

Tony Mansson <mansson>

Highlights

  • Managing BPs, release page, meetings and other PM activities.
  • Attended Connect.
  • Improved DS-5 Documentation on wiki and held lightning talk at ABS.
  • Fixed bug 919148 snowball: "0xbench native test fails to run to completion".

Plans

  • Work on bug 906321 "Messaging crashes if try to use it".
  • Start preparations for 12.02 release.
  • Blog about DS-5

Zach Pfeffer <pfefferz>

Highlights

  • Ran Android sessions at Linaro Connect
  • Met with TSC
  • Helped users use our builds
  • Talked in a loud voice

Plans

  • Give ELC talk
  • Attend ELC sessions

Issues

  • Need a better linaro-android-media-create

Vishal Bhoj <bhoj>

Highlights

  • Attending Linaro Connect and ABS sessions
  • Worked on USB camera support for snowball

Plans

  • Work on Bugs
  • Work on Wifi Test app

Issues

  • ---

Amit Pundir <pundiramit>

Highlights

  • Attended Connect q1.12 and ABS.
  • Supporting SISA R&D center during Connect.

  • Planned Android feature enablement on Origen for upcoming releases.
  • Pushed Audio and Wlan hw2.1.1 support for Origen.
  • Track GPS activities on Snowball.

Plans

  • Attending ELC
  • Track GPS on Snowball
  • Look into Big Little

Issues

  • Waiting for GPS binaries/libraries from STE.

Mathieu Poirier <mpoirier>

Highlights

Plans

  • Attend ELC.
  • Keep working on LP924203.

Botao Sun <botao_sun>

Highlights

  • Device Tree presentation for Linaro Connect 12Q1 has been cancelled.
  • Presentation on Android Builders Summit has been done successfully.
  • Attended Linaro Connect 12Q1 & Android Builders Summit.

  • helped Annamalai Lakshmanan on Linaro Android platform compiling environment setting up.
  • helped Bernard Park to work out his Samsung Origen & LAVA demo.

  • Did the Communication work between Linaro & outside potential partners.

  • According to Anmar Oueja's comment 3 of bug 920526, this bug will be rolled to the 12.03 cycle.
  • Amit Pundir already submitted the necessary change for bug 920313.

Plans

  • Attend the Embedded Linux Conference.
  • Try to take a look at the OpenSSH integration for our platform.

Issues

  • None.

Patrik Ryd <patrikryd>

Highlights

  • Attended Connect remotely. The hangouts worked really well compared to the old way.
  • Still working on getting the ST-Ericsson multimedia binaries out in the open. Slow progress. Ragavedra in the Snowball team have managed to decode video on snowball (it did not show up on the screen, but it was decoded :) ). Some bugs still needs to be fixed for the packing of the binaries to work. I spent most of the day yesterday writing an explanation to the legal department why GPLv3 license on the Linaro tool chain will not be transferred to the binaries generated by the tool chain.

Plans

Issues

  • The BP will not be done in time for 12.02.


Kejun Zhou <kejun-zhou>

Highlights

  • Attended Connect q1.12.
  • Fixed the bug #920550 USB SD card export not working.
  • Checked the bug #860588 Snowball: Bluetooth Turn ON Fails.

Plans

  • Keep working on the bug #860588 Snowball: Bluetooth Turn ON Fails.

Issues

  • So many areas about BT need to be checked. BT firmware, driver, libdbus, android BT (hciattch, hciconfig ...).

Annamalai L <annamalai123>

Highlights

  • Attended Connect q1.12.
  • Completed the video playback HW acceleration.
  • H264 and MPEG4 upto 1080p @ 30fps works fine.

Plans

  • Video playback validation and release.
  • Analyse the suspend/resume issue in Origen and send Amit patches

Android Team Meeting IRC log

Platform/Android/Meetings/2012-02-15 (last modified 2012-02-15 15:11:34)