Include: Nothing found for "^## meetings$"!

Include: Nothing found for "^## end-meetings$"!

Android Engineering

Getting Started

We also maintain several Android How To's as well as a list of Linaro specific links used by the team and a Library.

About

Our primary goals are to:

You can monitor our development roadmap efforts on launchpad.

Contact us

Agenda

  • Add agenda items

Past Action items

  • Last weeks action items to discuss.

Action Items

  • Action items that came out of this weeks meeting.


Android Team Meeting

Agenda

  • Actions from last meeting
  • Blueprint discussion
  • Team issues discussion - Alexander and JamieBennett asking questions

  • LEB/Image review - jserv
  • Validation update - Jeremy
  • Bug status - Patrik
  • AOB

Past Action items

  • asac to invite TI to Android weekly meeting
  • jserv-- to bring https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-android-leb-gingerbread-pandaboard-gfx to a nice and round end

  • patrikryd to file a bug about killing u8500 build and put rational there; then kill build and get over it ;)

  • jeremychang to add work item to one of his blueprint to try mounting system/userdata/cache combined to / ... if that fails, we merge validation boot parititons
  • asac and jeremychang to sync on validatoin partition layout and lamc
  • patrikryd and jeremychang to file a bug for kernel boot with android toolchain problem
  • patrikryd to nail down kernel build bug ... in worst case allow using the ubuntu cross toolchain for building kernel

People Present

  • JamieBennett

  • asac
  • jserv--
  • patrikryd
  • jeremychang
  • patrikryd2
  • patrikryd3

Actions Recorded

  • asac to invite TI to Android weekly meeting
  • asac to test generic XM build with a hdmi->hdmi cable

  • JamieBennett to find more XM testers for Android builds

  • jserv-- to get the Panda LEB working with SGX by start-of-day-utc Thursday 28th April ready for the Beta-2 release
  • asac to verify that april toolchain builds the toolchain-dev branch
  • jserv-- to run benchmarks tomorrow and tell JamieBennett where they are so we can publish them along the release

  • jeremychang gets his lava stuff merged and sets the blueprint to implemented
  • JamieBennett to prepare the release announcements and release bits. this includes tarballs for android kernel, toolchain binaries, builds and summary of upstreamed improvements from jserv-- (see mailing list)

  • patrikryd to help verifying: toolchain, both panda builds
  • JamieBennett schedule standup/release meeting tomorrow


Engineers Reports

Your Name <irc nick>

Highlights

  • Short bullet points of work you've done that week which convey

progress and highlights which can be used to report on how the team is progressing as a whole.

Plans

  • Your individual plans for the coming week(s).

Issues

  • Your individual plans for the coming week(s).


Jim Huang <jserv-->

Highlights

Plans

  • Update Android benchmark results for gcc-linaro-2011.04
  • Handle omap multimedia library: Java parts

Issues

  • No feedback from AOSP


Jeremy Chang <jeremychang>

Highlighted

Plans

Issues

  • Provision.apk is the blocker for showing Android activity and may affect the stability of the launching of applications.

Patrik Ryd <patrikryd>

Highlights

Plans

  • Probably prepare stuff for Budapest.
  • fix or kill some bugs like
    • #770389 panda and beagle builds ship init.goldfish.sh
    • #747911 linaro-generic[panda]: init.omap4.sh not executable
  • push that famous patch to AOSP

Issues

  • -


IRC logs

Android Kernel Meeting

To be added.

Android Team Meeting

Started logging meeting in #linaro-meeting
[08:03:29] <JamieBennett> [LINK] https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/Android/Meetings/2011-04-27
[08:03:44] <JamieBennett> [TOPIC] Actions from last meeting
[08:03:51] <JamieBennett> * asac to invite TI to Android weekly meeting
[08:04:10] <asac> JamieBennett: where did you get those actions from ;)?
[08:04:19] <asac> please carry over
[08:04:21] <JamieBennett> the link above ;)
[08:04:32] <JamieBennett> [ACTION] asac to invite TI to Android weekly meeting
[08:04:35] <jserv--> yes, TI guys are on IRC.
[08:04:40] <JamieBennett> * jserv-- to bring https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-android-leb-gingerbread-pandaboard-gfx to a nice and round end
[08:04:58] * asac wants a bot that dumps WI state of a blueprint
[08:05:03] <jserv--> LEB-panda should be usable now. However, I have to confirm with asac
[08:05:13] <asac> right
[08:05:22] <asac> i tried it and couldnt see a sign of it really using GFX :/
[08:05:22] <jserv--> asac reported unavailability issues about GFX.
[08:05:32] <asac> let me download a fresh build again
[08:05:35] <jserv--> ok, let me continue tracking.
[08:06:09] <JamieBennett> sounds like you are on it then, please report back your findings either as a bug (if not working) or by completing the Blueprint (if it works)
[08:06:29] <JamieBennett> * patrikryd to file a bug about killing u8500 build and put rational there; then kill build and get over it
[08:06:34] <patrikryd> Bug #768375
[08:06:36] <ubot2> Launchpad bug 768375 in linaro-android "Remove the u8500href Android build" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/768375
[08:06:40] <asac> nice
[08:06:55] <patrikryd> Not done yet
[08:07:17] <JamieBennett> patrikryd: OK, please kill the build when you get a chance
[08:07:17] <asac> patrikryd: can you kill it in webUI?
[08:07:24] <asac> i confirmed the kill in the bug now
[08:07:33] <patrikryd> Yes, it only takes seconds. :)
[08:07:37] <asac> haha
[08:07:50] <JamieBennett> :)
[08:07:51] <asac> maybe do it ... but be careful, dont kill panda build ;)
[08:08:18] <patrikryd> Done
[08:08:27] <JamieBennett> thanks patrikryd
[08:08:35] <JamieBennett> * jeremychang to add work item to one of his blueprint to try mounting system/userdata/cache combined to / ... if that fails, we merge validation boot parititons
[08:09:18] <asac> jeremychang: i think thats done, right?
[08:09:50] <jeremychang> ok I didn't add it as the blueprint. but I already giving this a try and doing deployment in Lava
[08:09:56] <asac> ok
[08:10:06] <asac> we wiill get back to this at blueprint review i guess
[08:10:13] <JamieBennett> * asac and jeremychang to sync on validatoin partition layout and lamc
[08:10:18] <asac> right
[08:10:25] <asac> i think jeremychang did something smart there
[08:10:42] <asac> unfortunately its not 100% identical how stuff goes into lava to our images
[08:10:45] <asac> but well
[08:10:59] <jeremychang> asac, I should add this as a blueprint. sorry I will add this. The goal is to make it fit in the Lava for testing.
[08:11:06] <asac> right
[08:11:25] <asac> jeremychang: not sure. lets look at it later in this meeting
[08:11:36] <jeremychang> asac, ok.
[08:11:37] * asac takes a note to not forget
[08:11:42] <JamieBennett> * patrikryd and jeremychang to file a bug for kernel boot with android toolchain problem
[08:11:51] <asac> we skipped that i think
[08:11:59] <asac> we use the 4.4.0 toolchain now
[08:12:16] <asac> and that works (thanks to jserv-- pointing out that 4.4.3 is completely broken)
[08:12:30] <JamieBennett> OK
[08:12:57] <JamieBennett> [TOPIC] Blueprint discussion
[08:13:05] <JamieBennett> asac: you have the floor ;)
[08:13:22] <JamieBennett> [LINK] http://status.linaro.org/linaro-android.html
[08:13:28] <asac> yay
[08:13:34] <JamieBennett> [LINK] http://status.linaro.org/linaro-linaro-11.04.html
[08:13:39] <asac> so the status.linaro.org is really confusing ;)
[08:13:50] <JamieBennett> why so?
[08:13:53] <asac> i think ... i think we are lucky that noone uses linaro-11.04 milestone
[08:13:59] <JamieBennett> right
[08:14:02] <asac> otherwise we couldnt see our teams work items for 11.04 milestone
[08:14:05] <asac> which i consider a bug
[08:14:06] <asac> ;)
[08:14:18] <JamieBennett> first link shows the 'teams' work items
[08:14:20] <asac> anyway, we are lucky and we are alone so http://status.linaro.org/linaro-linaro-11.04.html is a good place to look
[08:14:29] <JamieBennett> jstultz is not on the team
[08:14:32] <asac> yep
[08:14:43] <JamieBennett> its by design
[08:14:58] <asac> lets start with the work items from the top ... reviewing all TODO/INPROGRESS ones
[08:15:11] <asac> if this takes long you should have updated your work items better ;)
[08:15:13] <asac> hehe
[08:15:13] <asac> ok
[08:15:20] <asac> asac: verify kernel works with product/linaro/beagleboard
[08:15:35] <asac> -> i tried and i cannot verify this. it just doesnt display anything on the monitor for me
[08:15:51] <asac> jamie sees stuff on monitor ... but with 1 vs. 1 i cannot set this to done
[08:16:05] <asac> mattwaddell couldnt provide the tiebreak because his beagle is broken
[08:16:14] <JamieBennett> yes, with generic build it works fine for me on XM and Panda
[08:16:19] <JamieBennett> (from yesterday)
[08:16:28] <asac> this means either we a) fix it for me ... or b) we get two more guys verifying that it works ... or c) we cannot release beagle
[08:16:46] <asac> in that order
[08:16:49] <JamieBennett> I thought patrikryd verified also?
[08:16:58] <asac> he doenst have a beagle
[08:17:01] <JamieBennett> ah
[08:17:12] * patrikryd has a panda (and u8500href)
[08:17:34] <asac> ok
[08:18:02] <asac> jeremychang: you said you wanted to test that in the office
[08:18:05] <asac> jeremychang: how did that go?
[08:18:34] <jeremychang> asac, I found it's a hardware issue.
[08:19:14] <asac> jeremychang: what do you mean?
[08:19:28] <jeremychang> asac, I tried with my working monitor, it's no problem and I used the same cable with the other TV-like Display, there's the same problem as you described yesterday.
[08:19:46] <asac> jeremychang: hmmm ... well, i know that pure hdmi doesnt work
[08:19:50] <asac> but my monitor is dvi-d
[08:20:24] <asac> one end is hdmi the other dvi-d here :/
[08:20:27] <jeremychang> asac, the cable I used is hdmi to hdmi for both display
[08:20:41] <JamieBennett> asac: mine is hdmi->hdmi too
[08:20:47] <asac> hmmm
[08:20:50] <asac> ok i will try that
[08:20:57] <jeremychang> asac, and one is no problem while another one has same problem.
[08:21:20] * asac scratces head
[08:21:33] <asac> ACTION: asac to test hdmi -> hdmi cable
[08:21:53] <asac> [ACTION] JamieBennett to help find two more testers
[08:21:58] <asac> [ACTION] JamieBennett to help find two more testers for beagle ;)
[08:22:04] <JamieBennett> [ACTION] asac to test generic XM build with a hdmi->hdmi cable
[08:22:19] <JamieBennett> [ACTION] JamieBennett to find more XM testers for Android builds
[08:22:25] <asac> great
[08:22:36] <asac> long story short, this work item is still open
[08:22:54] <asac> * verify that build works out of the box with GFX
[08:23:03] <asac> here i cannot verify ... just installed fresh LEB
[08:23:09] <asac> and it has no sign of SGX in logcat
[08:23:42] <asac> here the loghttp://paste.ubuntu.com/599672/
[08:23:46] <asac> bah
[08:23:53] <asac> [LINK] http://paste.ubuntu.com/599672/ LEB panda boot log
[08:23:53] <JamieBennett> patrikryd: have you tested also? Is SGX present?
[08:24:08] <patrikryd> Have not tested leb yet
[08:24:09] <asac> i would like to understand what i have to look for on the image
[08:24:35] <asac> jserv--: where are the SGX binaries supposed to be shipped?
[08:24:39] <asac> e.g. in what directory?
[08:25:09] <jserv--> asac, In /system/lib/
[08:25:19] <jserv--> and /system/lib/egl/
[08:25:46] <asac> only see libGLES_android.so
[08:26:00] <asac> how can i see if thats the right one?
[08:26:03] <asac> what size do i expect?
[08:26:10] <jserv--> hmmm... ok, I finally know the problem.
[08:26:22] <jserv--> let me improve Android.mk later.
[08:26:33] <JamieBennett> jserv--: can you explain what is wrong?
[08:26:39] <asac> i dont see any of those problem
[08:26:40] <asac> http://git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=android/device/linaro/pandaboard.git;a=tree;f=prebuilt/graphics/system/vendor/lib;h=feaa8f1aeb09779ce2a8143ceafc0ac295082c07;hb=refs/heads/LEB-panda
[08:26:42] <jserv--> possibly conflict of build rules
[08:26:56] <asac> jserv--: ok. this is super important. please test your builds ;)
[08:27:07] <jserv--> asac, sure
[08:27:26] <asac> jserv--: by doing a clean build on the build service ... thats the only way i believe it will reflect the truth ;)
[08:27:31] <asac> or a completely clean build locally
[08:27:42] <asac> but you can set up test builds on the build service etc.
[08:27:56] <asac> jserv--: how can i manually enable this to see?
[08:28:08] <asac> jserv--: maybe i can download the .so's from git and just drop them somewhere on the image?
[08:28:22] <jserv--> asac, cd device/linaro/pandaboard/prebuilt && mm -B
[08:28:41] <asac> jserv--: is that how you test it?
[08:28:43] <jserv--> asac, build rules should install them automatically.
[08:28:46] <jserv--> asac, yes
[08:29:09] <asac> jserv--: well, it doesnt it seems
[08:29:15] <asac> (doesnt install automatically)
[08:29:19] <jserv--> asac, sorry, because LEB-panda changes a lot, I only did limited tests.
[08:29:24] <asac> ok
[08:29:28] <asac> this is top priority
[08:29:32] <asac> everything else can wait ;)
[08:29:43] <jserv--> file a bug and track.
[08:29:58] <JamieBennett> LEB is needed today for testing so we can release it tomorrow
[08:30:05] <asac> jserv--: right. we need LEB basically now
[08:30:14] <jserv--> how about multimedia?
[08:30:25] <asac> jserv--: again, multimedia is not for 11.04
[08:30:29] <asac> its for 11.05
[08:30:34] <asac> so that has mucho time ;)
[08:30:37] <jserv--> I suppose the two things are equally important to LEB.
[08:30:40] <asac> no
[08:30:42] <asac> they are not
[08:30:46] <JamieBennett> not for this release
[08:30:48] <asac> for 11.04 graphics is only focus
[08:30:56] <jserv--> ok.
[08:31:15] <jserv--> I have to reset the environment in order to figure out the problem.
[08:31:46] <asac> jserv--: ok. maybe do that while we are talking here ;)
[08:32:11] <jserv--> ok, don't block by me.
[08:32:11] <asac> ok moving
[08:32:42] <asac> jserv--: what does that mean? we need your fix ;) ... otherwise no release :/
[08:32:50] <asac> so we have to block on you ;)
[08:32:51] <asac> ij
[08:32:52] <asac> ok
[08:33:01] <asac> lets move on
[08:33:10] <jserv--> asac, but... I do changes a lot for LEB-panda due to multimedia
[08:33:17] <jserv--> asac, some build rules are changes as well.
[08:33:40] <asac> jserv--: well, i was quite clear a few times that multimedia is off for 11.04
[08:33:55] <jserv--> asac, I meant, I need to clarify the old commits I made.
[08:33:57] <asac> i even milestoned the blueprint for 11.05
[08:33:59] <asac> ah
[08:34:00] <asac> ok
[08:34:03] <asac> thanks
[08:34:15] <asac> [ACTION] jserv-- to investigate why SGX binaries and stff are not in leb-panda
[08:34:27] <asac> jeremychang: * LP: #735028: Send the test result of Android basic validation to dashboard (linaro-android)
[08:35:02] <asac> jeremychang: i guess thats still open
[08:35:17] <JamieBennett> [ACTION] jserv-- to get the Panda LEB working with SGX by start-of-day-utc Thursday 28th April ready for the Beta-2 release
[08:35:19] <jeremychang> asac, result submit is done by http://validation.linaro.org/launch-control/dashboard/streams/anonymous/android-beagle01-basic/
[08:35:37] <asac> JamieBennett: start-of-day-utc Thursday 28th April -> end of day Wednesday 27th April
[08:35:51] <JamieBennett> right
[08:35:52] <asac> we need to spin a official build on the build service
[08:36:31] <asac> jeremychang: wow
[08:36:35] <asac> jeremychang: there already is data?
[08:36:53] <asac> jeremychang: is that example data or real life data?
[08:36:55] <asac> live
[08:37:01] <jeremychang> asac, live
[08:37:17] <JamieBennett> awesome
[08:37:17] <jeremychang> asac, generated though the basic test in lava.
[08:37:51] <asac> jeremychang: ok so you can mark it done?
[08:38:14] <jeremychang> asac, I know there's bug for basic test itself, but result submit is done
[08:38:20] <JamieBennett> I also see a monkey submission - http://validation.linaro.org/launch-control/dashboard/test-runs/28956eee-7038-11e0-a6b4-0026c747dbf8/
[08:38:24] <jeremychang> asac, ok.
[08:38:55] <jeremychang> JamieBennett, right, also for monkey, also submitted by lava
[08:39:01] <asac> jeremychang: https://bugs.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+bug/735028 ... is that bug fixed or not fixed ;)?
[08:39:02] <ubot2> Launchpad bug 735028 in linaro-android "Send the test result of Android basic validation to dashboard" [Undecided,In progress]
[08:39:13] <asac> i am not clear what this bug means and seems you filed it ;)
[08:39:19] <jeremychang> asac, I think I would mark it fixed.
[08:39:21] <asac> so i guess its best you to decide whether thats done
[08:39:23] <asac> ok
[08:39:25] <asac> please do
[08:39:33] <asac> and give a comment why its fixed
[08:39:42] <jeremychang> asac, I will do that right away.
[08:39:54] <asac> * review, agree with asac on test format; update test file based on feedback
[08:39:59] <asac> jeremychang: that one ... is done too, right?
[08:40:00] <asac> or not?
[08:40:09] <asac> did you update the test file etc.?
[08:40:35] <jeremychang> asac, now there's a basic test job file and a monkey test job file in my branch.
[08:40:41] <asac> right
[08:40:53] <asac> i guess its done too
[08:41:41] <jeremychang> asac, yeah. basically the job files can be run that including the deploy, reboot, test, result submit.
[08:41:50] <asac> done
[08:42:19] <asac> jeremychang: did you request a review/merge ?
[08:42:26] <asac> there are a few work items about that
[08:42:29] <asac> * request review and merge boot code into lp:lava
[08:42:33] <asac> * request review and merge deploy code into lp:lava
[08:42:37] <asac> * request review and merge test execution command support code into lp:lava
[08:42:40] <asac> * fix suggested review comments from merge proposal of lp:linaro-image-tools
[08:42:46] <asac> * merge improvements into lp:linaro-image-tools
[08:42:50] <asac> hmm
[08:42:57] <asac> the last one is odd ;)
[08:43:00] <asac> scratch that
[08:43:03] <jeremychang> asac, not yet. I will do that soon in today hopefully.
[08:43:07] <asac> nice
[08:43:10] <asac> very good
[08:43:14] <asac> * merge improvements into lp:linaro-image-tools
[08:43:16] <asac> -> thats done, right?
[08:43:37] <jeremychang> asac, right. in my understanding for this item.
[08:44:18] <asac> oh you already set those to DONE :/
[08:44:32] <asac> JamieBennett: can we kick off a status update run?
[08:44:39] <asac> seems we are working against quite an old state
[08:44:46] <asac> how often does WI tracker run?
[08:44:57] <JamieBennett> its should only be about 60-80 mins old
[08:45:07] <JamieBennett> iirc thats how often if fires off
[08:45:12] <JamieBennett> jeremychang: when did you change the WI?
[08:45:16] <asac> i dont think so
[08:45:27] <jeremychang> JamieBennett, in few hours.
[08:45:30] <asac> i think our WI tracker is busted
[08:45:43] <JamieBennett> I'll investigate
[08:45:44] <asac> this morning i saw something not updated i updated last night :/
[08:45:53] <jeremychang> JamieBennett, like about 2 hours ago.
[08:46:15] <JamieBennett> jeremychang: OK, I'll take a look
[08:48:14] <asac> patrikryd: ok we also have https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-android-leb-gingerbread with a verify work item there for you
[08:48:26] <asac> guess you should wait till jserv-- has fixed the GFX install ;)(
[08:48:50] <asac> ok ...
[08:49:06] * jserv-- is working...
[08:49:59] <patrikryd> asac: I will test when there is something new to test.
[08:51:42] <asac> i have added a bug for the missing SGX binaries
[08:51:48] <asac> and linked it to the gfx blueprint https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-android-leb-gingerbread-pandaboard-gfx
[08:51:56] <asac> i kept my "verify" item open
[08:52:15] <asac> ok great
[08:52:17] <asac> or not so great
[08:52:30] <asac> i wanted to mark a few blueprints implemented
[08:52:35] <asac> but now its hard t spot those
[08:53:57] <asac> -> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-android-board-deployment
[08:54:00] <asac> implemented ;)
[08:54:02] <asac> yay!!
[08:54:36] <asac> congrats jeremychang ;)
[08:56:11] <asac> JamieBennett: linaro-android-toolchain-integration
[08:56:14] <asac> that one has one work item left
[08:56:19] <jeremychang> asac, Cool!
[08:56:27] <asac> http://people.linaro.org/~jserv/toolchain/android-toolchain-eabi-4.5-2011.04-0-linux-x86.tar.bz2
[08:56:33] <asac> so jserv-- delivered the toolchain
[08:56:38] <asac> jserv--: did you also update the benchmark results?
[08:56:45] <jserv--> asac, not yet.
[08:57:00] <jserv--> asac, plan to perform on my Nexus S phone
[08:57:09] <JamieBennett> asac: -toolchain-integration has two work items to do
[08:57:23] <asac> jserv--: where did you run the previous benchmarks on?
[08:57:33] <asac> jserv--: i would very much prefer to use our builds to compare
[08:57:46] <jserv--> asac, OMAP3 evaluation board
[08:57:58] <asac> jserv--: how about running them on panda?
[08:58:04] <asac> with our LEB ;)?
[08:58:16] <asac> JamieBennett: build and package april 2011 toolchain release: TODO thats done it seems
[08:58:36] <jserv--> asac, possible, but it takes time to set up environment. :(
[08:58:47] <JamieBennett> asac: build and package april 2011 toolchain release: TODO
[08:58:52] <JamieBennett> asac: Upgrade to gcc-linaro-2011.04 and update benchmark results: TODO
[08:59:11] <asac> jserv--: the benchmarking can be done tomorrow still
[08:59:17] <JamieBennett> asac: whiteboard needs updating if its DONE
[08:59:19] <asac> its just important to get the builds up etc.
[08:59:23] <asac> JamieBennett: done
[08:59:31] <jserv--> asac, the benchmark suite has several hard-coded flags, like cortex-a8, ...
[08:59:32] <asac> also removed the packaging part of the second work item
[08:59:40] * JamieBennett sees that
[08:59:58] <jserv--> asac, it means I need to fix them iteratively in order to make fair report on Pandaboard.
[09:00:26] <asac> kk
[09:01:24] <asac> jserv--: focus on GFX. thats more important. run benchmarks wherever you think its easier for you
[09:01:26] <jserv--> but I agree benchmarking on pandaboard is good.
[09:01:32] <asac> lets do that for 11.05
[09:01:36] <asac> also making our builds use the toolchain
[09:01:40] <jserv--> got it.
[09:01:56] <asac> [ACTION] asac to verify that april toolchain builds the toolchain-dev branch
[09:02:18] <jserv--> s/toolchain-dev/toolchain-preview/
[09:02:25] <JamieBennett> [ACTION] asac to verify that april toolchain builds the toolchain-dev branch
[09:02:39] * asac added a WI for that to the toolchain blueprint
[09:03:17] <asac> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-android-leb-common-cleanup
[09:03:23] <asac> that one has all work items done
[09:03:26] <asac> and all bugs fixed
[09:03:38] <asac> anything we need to do on top?
[09:03:48] <asac> i still have the feeling that this common approach installs the goldfish bits
[09:04:07] <asac> but guess thats a red herring
[09:04:14] <JamieBennett> I also gave jeremychang a work item for his validation Blueprint ;)
[09:04:22] <asac> lets set it to implemented and track issues as bugs or new 11.05 blueprints
[09:04:28] <patrikryd> I think it is the ramdisk that pulls in the goldfish stuff.
[09:05:18] <jeremychang> asac, all the bugs in that one are fixed.
[09:05:43] <asac> right
[09:05:49] <asac> i think its implemented
[09:05:56] <asac> now i would just like to have an update WI tracker ;)
[09:05:57] <asac> ok
[09:06:00] <asac> so to summarize:
[09:06:17] <asac> * jserv-- to fix GFX binaries not being installed right now!!
[09:06:32] <asac> * jserv-- to run benchmarks tomorrow and tell JamieBennett where they are so we can publish them along the release
[09:06:50] <asac> * jeremychang gets his lava stuff merged and sets the blueprint to implemented
[09:07:03] <JamieBennett> [ACTION] jserv-- to run benchmarks tomorrow and tell JamieBennett where they are so we can publish them along the release
[09:07:24] <JamieBennett> [ACTION] jeremychang gets his lava stuff merged and sets the blueprint to implemented
[09:07:25] <asac> * asac to verify everything: toolchain, LEB, beagle (or find more testers here)
[09:08:34] <asac> * JamieBennett prepares release announcements and release bits. this includes tarballs for android kernel, toolchain binaries, builds and summary of upstreamed improvements from jserv-- (see mailing list)
[09:08:52] <asac> -> ensure that jstultz tags his kernel with 11.04 or something
[09:09:21] <JamieBennett> [ACTION] JamieBennett to prepare the release announcements and release bits. this includes tarballs for android kernel, toolchain binaries, builds and summary of upstreamed improvements from jserv-- (see mailing list)
[09:09:57] <asac> * patrikryd to help verifying: toolchain, both panda builds
[09:10:08] <asac> * everybody to party once release is out ;)
[09:10:19] <JamieBennett> [ACTION] patrikryd to help verifying: toolchain, both panda builds
[09:11:25] <asac> i am not sure i wanted the actions to interleave with my summary ;) ... *shrug*
[09:11:38] <JamieBennett> heh
[09:11:47] <asac> JamieBennett: are you happy?
[09:11:51] <JamieBennett> best to log them all
[09:12:03] <JamieBennett> me, happy, always ;)
[09:12:21] <asac> JamieBennett: i mean with the blueprints and things like that from RM perspective
[09:12:50] * patrikryd2 has network problems. :(
[09:12:54] * asac scratches head
[09:12:55] <asac> http://status.linaro.org/linaro-linaro-11.04.html
[09:13:04] <asac> the status for leb-common changed to implemented
[09:13:10] <asac> but the work items are still in progress :/
[09:13:13] <JamieBennett> Yes, with the LEB fixed today then I need release bullet points and pointers to the images to be released along with verification that they have been tested
[09:13:50] <asac> jserv--: patrikryd: so here comes the question: how can we tell folks should they test it?
[09:13:53] <asac> or try it
[09:14:03] <asac> atm we dont have mouse support so that should be release noted -> JamieBennett
[09:14:07] <JamieBennett> asac: someone has set it to implemented
[09:14:15] <asac> JamieBennett: i have set it to implementd
[09:14:19] <asac> or someone else
[09:14:22] <asac> but the work items are not inprogress
[09:14:23] <jserv--> https://bugs.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+bug/771674 # mouse patch is available
[09:14:25] <ubot2> Launchpad bug 771674 in linaro-android "Require software cursor for Android to make operations smooth" [Undecided,In progress]
[09:14:53] <JamieBennett> asac: it should update on the next run then I guess, maybe you caught it inbetween? not sure?
[09:14:59] <asac> jserv--: do we pull that in for the release? i have the feeling you are quite busy ;)
[09:15:09] <asac> patrikryd2: can you pull in the mouse curosor patch, test and push?
[09:15:32] <asac> patrikryd3: can you pull in the mouse curosor patch, test and push?
[09:15:34] <jserv--> asac, it works out of box, but I am not sure it is stable or not.
[09:15:34] <asac> 11:14 < ubot2> Launchpad bug 771674 in linaro-android "Require software cursor for Android to make operations smooth" [Undecided,In progress]
[09:15:35] <ubot2> Launchpad bug 771674 in linaro-android "Require software cursor for Android to make operations smooth" [Undecided,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/771674
[09:15:38] * patrikryd3 has network problem :(
[09:15:52] <asac> there is a mouse cursor patch ;)
[09:15:58] <asac> i think we want it on generic and LEB branch
[09:16:20] <patrikryd3> Where do I find the patch?
[09:16:30] <jserv--> can we verify the patch and merge next week?
[09:16:30] <asac> patrikryd3: in the bug
[09:16:40] <JamieBennett> https://bugs.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+bug/771674/comments/1
[09:16:41] <ubot2> Launchpad bug 771674 in linaro-android "Require software cursor for Android to make operations smooth" [Undecided,In progress]
[09:16:51] <patrikryd3> ok
[09:16:52] <asac> jserv--: if you prefer we can keep it out of the release ... but then my question comes back
[09:17:06] <asac> how do we tell folks that they should test/try our build
[09:17:17] <patrikryd3> I can test it.
[09:17:18] <asac> i would say: let patrikryd3 try the patch and verify it ... and if it works we just pull it in
[09:17:20] <JamieBennett> asac: I would prefer it in if possible
[09:17:21] <asac> right
[09:17:27] <JamieBennett> its pretty fundamental
[09:17:42] <asac> cool
[09:17:51] <asac> patrikryd3: lets add this bug to your gingerbread leb blueprint
[09:17:54] <asac> so you have a work item ;)
[09:18:24] <asac> done
[09:19:12] <asac> anyway
[09:19:24] <asac> still need to undersatnd how we can test if we dont have the mouse patch ;)
[09:22:16] <JamieBennett> Are we done with Blueprints?
[09:22:33] <asac> i think so
[09:22:45] <JamieBennett> cool
[09:22:46] <asac> i think we can skip the rest of the meeting today
[09:22:50] <asac> everyone should be busy with release stuff
[09:22:57] <JamieBennett> [TOPIC] AOB
[09:23:05] <JamieBennett> Anything else to talk about this week?
[09:23:32] <asac> i will be gone from friday on for 3 days and then travel to budapest on wednesday so i wont be able to attend the meeting
[09:23:38] <asac> lets have a standup meeting tomorrow
[09:23:46] <patrikryd> Anything we need to prepare before Budapest?
[09:23:48] <asac> [ACTION] JamieBennett schedule standup/release meeting tomorrow
[09:24:12] <JamieBennett> [ACTION] JamieBennett schedule standup/release meeting tomorrow
[09:25:11] <JamieBennett> asac: any final notes on UDS for the android team?
[09:25:17] <asac> i will give an update on that tomorrow.
[09:25:20] <JamieBennett> OK
[09:25:25] <JamieBennett> thanks all for attending
[09:25:28] <asac> thanks all!!
[09:25:29] <JamieBennett> #endmeeting
Meeting ended.

Platform/Android/Meetings/2011-04-27 (last modified 2011-04-27 09:47:07)