- re-intro: what is star rating about
- whats the way forward with least resistance
- timelines; monthly steps for rollout
- manual vs. automation
- tools for QA to star rating.
re-intro: what is star rating about
star many aspects:
- that the star rating quick overview of what the board status is of a given LEBs
- what hardware components work (stable, hardware component should be supported
- how good are they working
- is it supported (by kernel/driver)
- is it integrated (by LEB stack)
- performance and stability (SDcard throughput, GLES performance; MM performance - zero copy working?)
- quick idea whether a board qualifies for our LEB criterias
- LEB supposed to give product builders a head start in product quality
- criteria are regularly defined by Platform and might be a moving target (the bar goes up)
- reasonable are unreastic goals
- should amount stars always give you and idea whether LEB criteria are met or visualized?
- asac: prefers that star rating calc stays stable and that visualization is done with different means
- star rating should be calculated by an underlying formular that derives the rating from an actual test result matrix
- could also be calculated from an already condensed matrix that gives info which components are supported
- visualization - three levels
- 1st. star rating on the highlevel who
- 2nd. you have a matrix giving quick info in a visual compelling about what components are working and not
- 3rd. level there would be breakdown of the actual tests that are used to determin whether components are supported or not
- do we want to talk about board components or features?
- maybe we need a tree
components -> middleware features -> UI features
How do come up with a common way to calculate star ratings?
- we cannot really compare chips one by one, because there might different chips or different amount of chips that support a given feature
- star rating probably need to be calculated from feature ratings somehow
- e.g. video output score on panda = 3.5 out of 5 because DVI is support, but HDMI is not
how do we get to a star rating?
- make a complete list of chips and SoC components on the board
- make a complete list of drivers that are available (not working/working?) in each kernel tree
- a few levels of tests
- does the driver detect the hardware (sysfs)
- does the driver work (might be needed to fill up over time)
- does the driver work well (thats even more advanced)
- document the high level features that would be supported
ACTION: asac to reschedule for tuesday ACTION: hrw to send mail to landing teams for getting compolete list of chips and SoC components on board.
Platform/2011-06-10 (last modified 2011-06-10 14:04:23)