#linaro-armhf irc meeting, 2011-07-08 14:00 UTC
Attendees (IRC nicks)
Steve McIntyre (SteveMcIntyre)
- Loïc Minier (lool)
- Marcin Juszkiewicz (hrw)
- ?? (Stskeeps)
- Adam Conrad (infinity)
- Riku Voipio (suihkulokki)
- actions from previous meetings
- health check of progress of various ports
- progress on our (and related) blueprints
Previous Action Items
- [Loïc] advertise cross-distro mailing list - still pending.
- approved, mailman config done, Steve will announcen
Debian armhf is on the wiki at http://wiki.debian.org/ArmHardFloatTodo as always.
People are recommended to sign up to the new ml at http://lists.linaro.org/mailman/listinfo/cross-distro
Move meetings an hour later to 1500 UTC in future to accommodate Adam in Canada - agreed.
- Steve working on a mass of perl packages; cross-compiling perl is hard. 5.10.x patches worked, but now we're on 5.12.x. in unstable.
- Bootstrapping openjdk is important now that gcj works
- Toolchain issues seen building chromium-browser
- Adam is going to be bootstrapping the Ubuntu armhf port next week, using work from Debian as a base.
- Hoping to get a bootstrap up for Oneiric Alpha 3 "in a month"
- Not expected to be difficult now due to lots of work already done
- Will pester on IRC if he has any issues
- Discussion about possible ways to provide stubs/shims for soft-float to hard-float ABI for third-party libs (e.g. vendor libGL)
Agreed that this would be painful, although not impossible.
- Other options: multi-arch / chroot
- Much better to "simply" poke the vendors to build hf libs once we get some momentum.
- Steve "volunteered" to go and prod the Mali folks at ARM if needed.
[SteveMcIntyre] to send out ml announcement
OfficeofCTO/HardFloat/Meeting/2011-07-08 (last modified 2011-07-12 14:18:41)