#linaro-armhf irc meeting, 2011-07-08 14:00 UTC

Attendees (IRC nicks)

  • Steve McIntyre (SteveMcIntyre)

  • Loïc Minier (lool)
  • Marcin Juszkiewicz (hrw)
  • ?? (Stskeeps)
  • Adam Conrad (infinity)
  • Riku Voipio (suihkulokki)

Agenda

  1. actions from previous meetings
  2. health check of progress of various ports
  3. progress on our (and related) blueprints
  4. issues
  5. achievements
  6. AOB

Previous Action Items

  • [Loïc] advertise cross-distro mailing list - still pending.
    • approved, mailman config done, Steve will announcen

Minutes

  • Debian armhf is on the wiki at http://wiki.debian.org/ArmHardFloatTodo as always.

  • People are recommended to sign up to the new ml at http://lists.linaro.org/mailman/listinfo/cross-distro

  • Move meetings an hour later to 1500 UTC in future to accommodate Adam in Canada - agreed.

  • Steve working on a mass of perl packages; cross-compiling perl is hard. 5.10.x patches worked, but now we're on 5.12.x. in unstable.
  • Bootstrapping openjdk is important now that gcj works
  • Toolchain issues seen building chromium-browser
  • Adam is going to be bootstrapping the Ubuntu armhf port next week, using work from Debian as a base.
    • Hoping to get a bootstrap up for Oneiric Alpha 3 "in a month"
    • Not expected to be difficult now due to lots of work already done
    • Will pester on IRC if he has any issues
  • Discussion about possible ways to provide stubs/shims for soft-float to hard-float ABI for third-party libs (e.g. vendor libGL)
    • Agreed that this would be painful, although not impossible.

    • Other options: multi-arch / chroot
    • Much better to "simply" poke the vendors to build hf libs once we get some momentum.
    • Steve "volunteered" to go and prod the Mali folks at ARM if needed.

Action Items

OfficeofCTO/HardFloat/Meeting/2011-07-08 (last modified 2011-07-12 14:18:41)