Agenda

Owner

Topic

your name here

add your own

Actions from previous meeting

  • ACTION: David to create TSC slides for enterprise and circulate for comments
    • DONE - not many comments yet

Attendees

  • David Rusling
  • Loïc Minier
  • Steve McIntyre

  • Grant Likely
  • Paul McKenney

  • Ilias Biris
  • Konstantinos Margaritis

Minutes

  • Grant: cleaning out changes from the kernel merge window. No other work to report from last week.
    • ACPI/Boot Architecture: how can we get more resources? David is discussing with George and Kiko about how to get some more resources, and including other threads of work (ACPI, Boot architecture, secure OS integration are some)
  • ARMHF
    • Konstantinos: working on gnat for the release - 3 bootstrap attempts so far (crosscompiling from amd64, debian-armel, ubuntu-armel which all have working gnat binaries), but not much luck yet (compilation is getting stuck in all 3 attempts). Last attempt today and if not successful will hand over to Adam Conrad. Also doing some NEON optimisations for lightspark.
    • Steve McIntyre:

      • Linker path - follow up call on the linker path discussion, involving distribution as well as gcc and glibc representatives, and managed to reach an agreement on the linker path resolution. Process for rebootstrapping has started for Ubuntu, next is Debian and the other distros.
        • Minor problem over the weekend: the .so name changed and caused some extra issues, but after some hacking between Steve and Adam this issue seems to be getting resolved now
        • carried on looking in the libffi issues, seems there was an earlier patch from DGilbert some time ago in TCWG. Steve discussing with David, seems to be an edge condition problem.
        • 64-bits: investigation from Wookey ongoing about what code is there from any internal teams. Steve will help with whatever patches may be needed
  • Paul McKenney: CPU Hotplug + working on the patch to get rid the RCU dependency on the stop machine behaviour that the current CPU hotplug has. Discussing with Olivier on HW counters. Also making good progress on another patchset to get rid of latencies for the cpu hotplug. Also started the list discussion to invite folks to Connect.

    • Scheduled discussion of the big.LITTLE MP cards for the 18 April TSC meeting.
  • Loic:
    • Roadmap: working on the cards (review and preparing them for the TSC review), catchup continues.
    • Working on the transition to JIRA (cards.linaro.org), reviewing the cards and updating. Fixing issues related to JIRA. Creating scripts to transfer cards to JIRA from papyrs, setting up the backups, email notifications and memberships.
    • Progressing on the big.LITTLE MP and also ARMV8
    • Dive in:
      • TEE - trustzone standard API useful for writing secure applications. Need to determine what work we need to do, what kind of API to use, which implementation to use for TEE. Discussing with the TSC (Andrea) for the card.
      • ARMV8: platform call last week was good, work involves platform, toolchain and kernel. Resource needs appear to need resolution from Toolchain at least. For kernel the work is ongoing we need to determine where it stands.
        • ACTION: DRusling to organise a call on the ARMV8 between ARM folks and Linaro.
        • Lacking a project manager for ARMV8. Kiko suggested to have an engineer with leadership skills for the time being in order to coordinate and structure the ARMV8 discussions.
  • Connect: need actual agenda and sessions the meetings at Connect, for example related to big.LITTLE MP.
    • Expecting Connect sessions on making cpu hotplug faster, emulation of big.LITTLE on actual systems
    • ACTION: DRusling to probe DZin for the Connect sessions related to big.LITTLE.

Actions from this meeting

  • ACTION: David to talk to Andrea about TrustZone and secure OS, setup a call.

  • ACTION: David to organise a call on the ARMV8 between ARM folks and Linaro
  • ACTION: David to probe DZin for the Connect sessions related to big.LITTLE

Team work - Status summary

David Rusling

Accomplishments

Plans for week ahead

Road blocks / Risks

Paul McKenney

Accomplishments

Plans for week ahead

Road blocks / Risks

Loïc Minier

Accomplishments

Plans for week ahead

Road blocks / Risks

Grant Likely

Accomplishments

Plans for week ahead

Road blocks / Risks

Steve McIntyre

Accomplishments

Plans for week ahead

Road blocks / Risks

Konstantinos Margaritis

Accomplishments

Plans for week ahead

Road blocks / Risks

OfficeofCTO/2012-04-17 (last modified 2012-04-17 15:20:31)