Agenda

Owner

Topic

your name here

add your own

Actions from previous meeting

  • ACTION Steve McIntyre raise with the rest of Linaro (via tech leads) the pthreads problem (DONE)

Attendees

  • Loïc Minier
  • Steve McIntyre

  • Paul McKenney

  • Ilias Biris

Minutes

  • ARMHF
    • ARMHF linker issue: Seems that there was discussion from the Fedora side - which smoothed out the issues raised. Steve hopes that the discussion has reached a smoothing point and the concerns are addressed, but there were some concerns if Fedora would have any further issues. Ubuntu and Debian have used the patch for the linker path for hardfloat ABI.
    • pthreads: email sent no response received. Will move on to involve the toolchain wg.
    • benchmarking for ARMHF - integration to LAVA. Not trivial and the help from Fathi is coming but not as fast as it would be if ARMHF folks would help with this task
    • libffi (an interface library for cross-language functionality and data sharing - comes with gcc): there has been communication on mailing lists about the worry that programs/libraries using libffi on armhf are going to have problems as it has not supported variadic functions until recently. As libffi is a dependency for many languages, there are a lot of potential packages that need to be verified if the issue is a fact rather than a worry. A detailed list of packages affected by libffi is in http://wiki.debian.org/ArmHardFloatTodo#libffi, but Steve has not had much time to look into these packages yet. Not likely to be critical for most people (not a blocker apparently for Ubuntu release) but it needs to be looked at.

    • Steve has been working on a spec document for multiarch - there is a big table of triplet definitions and Steve is linking that together in a spec doc to ease the discussion with upstream.
  • Loic working on the roadmap and opscom issues and looking into ARMV8 related issues.
  • big.LITTLE MP: a description of the team is in https://wiki.linaro.org/Internal/Projects/Big.Little.MP/TheTeam. Breakdown structure is in https://wiki.linaro.org/Internal/Projects/big.LITTLE.MP/WorkBreakdownStructure. Paul is working to flesh out details for 2 requirements and will give feedback to AmitK on the content of these:

  • ARMV8: 2 side projects: cross compilation and multiarch demonstrating.
  • Papyrs for the decrease scheduling clockticks: there are no blueprints for that card on Launchpad. Related to its status update: ACTION - Ilias to help Paul to relay the status on the roadmap card, and if the work is done, we can go to closeout.
  • For far future OCTO cards: there are a couple of far future cards without any papyrs related information. ACTION: Ilias + Loic to review and drop if needed or pursue getting better definition.

Actions from this meeting

  • ACTION - Ilias to help Paul to relay the status of the "decrease scheduling clockticks" roadmap card, and if the work is done, we can go to closeout
  • ACTION: Ilias + Loic to review and drop if needed or pursue getting better definition

Team work - Status summary

David Rusling

Accomplishments

Plans for week ahead

Road blocks / Risks

Paul McKenney

Accomplishments

Plans for week ahead

Road blocks / Risks

Loïc Minier

Accomplishments

Plans for week ahead

Road blocks / Risks

Grant Likely

Accomplishments

Plans for week ahead

Road blocks / Risks

Steve McIntyre

Accomplishments

Plans for week ahead

Road blocks / Risks

Konstantinos Margaritis

Accomplishments

Plans for week ahead

Road blocks / Risks

OfficeofCTO/2012-04-03 (last modified 2012-04-12 09:41:18)