Agenda

Owner

Topic

your name here

add your own

Actions from previous meeting

  • [CARRIEDOVER] Grant: need a test that focuses on the stability of the kernel (and then check that the switcher does not destabilize it). Depending on Paul to drive the actual testing
    • Handled in big.LITTLE project now
  • [ACTION] David to talk to the big.LITTLE project manager (Mounir) directly related to the timeline and plans
    • DONE.
    • Plans reasonable, blueprints coming together and test plan.

Attendees

  • David Rusling
  • Loïc Minier
  • Steve McIntyre

  • Ilias Biris
  • Konstantinos Margaritis

Minutes

  • Checking status
    • David : Working on LTR, working on some final diagrams in order to get it released for feedback
      • Away : wed-thu
    • Steve: fighting glibc pthreads for armhf - some progress there but still an issue. This is related to the ruby problem during the armhf porting effort, but it is probably also a soft-float issue. Steve is looking at it. Fedora and Ubuntu are also looking at the same problem
    • Loic : working on the new roadmap process. Reviewing the roadmap cards, and test plans for big.LITTLE
    • Ilias: LAVA benchmarking - can it be prepared before we have the LEB for ARMHF in place? ACTION: Konstantinos/Steve will need to ask Fathi/Paul to check if it is possible, as well as what is needed from benchmarking tests (are there any which may block LAVA?)
      • What will need to be benchmarked: do the same set as before. Original benchmarking takes a long time.
  • AOB:
    • Boot architecture: the diagrams for LTR are also touching on the boot sequence and states, with some further work needed to formalise on how UEFI passes the DT blob around, Grant/Jon Masters to work on that.
    • ARM V8: Steve will start looking into that.

Actions from this meeting

  • ACTION: Konstantinos/Steve will need to ask Fathi/Paul over the setup for LAVA ARMHF benchmarking setup to do while we wait for the ARMHF LEB to become a reality

Team work - Status summary

David Rusling

Accomplishments
  • Some work on the LTR: ARM Based Linux Server Distributions - see https://docs.google.com/a/linaro.org/document/d/1s8OdPu1Kw1YfvDmpFg_rHGYp6Sv5zYh1UiQnbfqRx34/edit:

    • Single ARMv7 zImage could be built non-LPAE and then install an LPAE version post during the initial bring up - confirmed that the code looks right
    • How are libraries found (via the triplet, ld.so and cached HWCAP details parsed from the kernel)?
    To do:
    • Diagrams - I have some, I'm waiting for this week's ARM Server discussions to conclude
  • Working on how to bring up the Enterprise WG
    • Discussions at the management meeting

Plans for week ahead
  • Finish the Server LTR
  • Agree Enterprise WG bring up strategy
  • Attend ARM Corporate ODC

Road blocks / Risks
  • Usual derailments

Paul McKenney

Accomplishments

Plans for week ahead

Road blocks / Risks

Loïc Minier

Accomplishments

Plans for week ahead

Road blocks / Risks

Grant Likely

Accomplishments

Plans for week ahead

Road blocks / Risks

Steve McIntyre

Accomplishments

Plans for week ahead

Road blocks / Risks

Konstantinos Margaritis

Accomplishments

Plans for week ahead

Road blocks / Risks

OfficeofCTO/2012-02-28 (last modified 2012-02-28 15:31:04)