Agenda

  • big.LITTLE - switcher and MP - what is the status
  • armhf

Actions from previous meeting

  • [ACTION] Grant: need a test that focuses on the stability of the kernel (and then check that the switcher does not destabilize it). Depending on Paul to drive the actual testing
  • [ACTION] Loic: set up friends of OCTO emailing list - DONE! List is (friendsofocto AT linaro DOT org)

Attendees

  • David Rusling
  • Loïc Minier
  • Ilias Biris
  • Konstantinos Margaritis

Minutes

  • ARMHF - chromium working, but plagued with out of memory errors in the builders for debian (perhaps something wrong with chromium or gcc). Konstantinos is checking where the issue is. Again lots of transitions happening, haskell is the main component transitioning now.
    • libreoffice: one of the maintainers is trying to fix the builds on one of the porter boxes for debian (the best person to tackle that issue). It is taking a long time since it is hard to pinpoint the error
    • ARMHF - announcement from Ubuntu as being the official architecture. This seems to be effective from the next version (12.04)

      • Linaro - what do we do with the LEBs once the 12.04 is released? How does that relate to Android work?
    • Related to image building - Fathi is doing some magic to get ARMHF images built once the 12.02 release is done
    • There is a fixed flash kernel in experimental - plans to get in stable any time soon (depends on imx51 reported issues - needs to be tested). Konstantinos will check it - apparently it is not installable right now, there is no armhf debian binary for this flash kernel in unstable (debian-installer system tries to find the flash kernel to execute)
  • big.LITTLE - switcher and MP - what is the status: Loic has been pushing to get all the documents to a public space. Lacking the technical spec to the work, D. Martin is interested in doing the technical engineering work for that.

    • Communication: should be easy to find all the information regarding the big.LITTLE project. The project plan and the notes from previous meetings describe the implementation of two features: set of virtual CPUs, and some kind of user space flags to sync the switching of the state of the CPUs. Timeline: should become clearer once the blueprints and test plan are documented. Project manager for the work is now Mounir
      • ACTION: David to talk to the project manager (Mounir) directly related to the timeline and plans.
      • Technical architect is Grant, technical lead is Deepak.
    • Progress and status - D. Martin and Nicola are moving towards simplifying the implementation in the kernel (in relation to how things were done by ARM) and speed up the work.
    • For the MP the scope is now becoming clearer after Connect - there is an agreed direction, the teams are now documenting what happened at Connect and planning ahead
  • AOB:
    • Validation discussion: Loic wants to build some kind of case regarding LAVA for the validation, had a chat with P. Larsson about assembling future plans for LAVA.
      • Concern: lack of scenarios for the validation overall umbrella cases to test against (eg streaming video, downloading audio, scanning for calls/messages, stressing the system in general). Perhaps we should be collecting such scenarios as part of the OCTO contribution
      • Loic would like to check what validation scenarios the Members are using. There could be hw differences between what the Members are using and what Linaro can use. Perhaps a 1-1 with member contacts would be needed to discuss what kind of output the Members are expecting from Linaro validation scenarios
      • There is desire to see some formalism around testing. For example refining the format of the test plan. A balance should be struck between formalism and agility/flexibility.
      • As part of the roadmap discussion, the cards should have a validation section detailing the test plan and what tests were run against the deliverables (manual or automatic)
    • ARM Server : The LTR for the server is being worked upon by David, expected to have something to share by the end of the week
      • Resource wise: there is need for someone from Toolchain (probably starting with M. Hope), Kernel (possibly D. Martin). Platform/distros is covered for now (Steve McIntyre). Work till July is mostly planning, prototyping

Actions from this meeting

  • ACTION: David to talk to the project manager (Mounir) directly related to the timeline and plans for big.LITTLE.

Team work - Status summary

David Rusling

Accomplishments
  • Managed a holiday
  • Worked with ARM on ARMv8 roll out plans

Plans for week ahead
  • Work on enterprise WG roll out
  • Work on Server LTR
  • Monitor big.LITTLE plans / directions - coordinate with ARM

Road blocks / Risks
  • My week getting hijacked

Paul McKenney

Accomplishments

Plans for week ahead

Road blocks / Risks

Loïc Minier

Accomplishments

Plans for week ahead

Road blocks / Risks

Grant Likely

Accomplishments

Plans for week ahead

Road blocks / Risks

Steve McIntyre

Accomplishments

Plans for week ahead

Road blocks / Risks

Konstantinos Margaritis

Accomplishments

Plans for week ahead

Road blocks / Risks

OfficeofCTO/2012-02-21 (last modified 2012-02-21 16:10:09)