your name here
add your own
Actions from previous meeting
- David Rusling
- Loïc Minier
- Grant Likely
- Feedback from Linaro Connect - lots of good sessions (big.LITTLE, scheduling, server), very focused
- In talks with ARM about detailed ARMv8 plans
- Need to look at Server strategy moving forward, meanwhile, working on the Linaro Technical Requirement for ARM Linux based server distributions
- Hard float - Ubuntu looking for help on hard float ABI, open office
- big.LITTLE stuff coming together at Connect. Particularly around integration with the kernel.
- Device tree. Need to clarify how much Linaro continues to do in the Kernel WG
- Had a discussion with the TSC, support existing members
- Make new ports 'do the right thing'
- More private meetings than normal
- Good week, mostly following big.LITTLE (also from a product management point of view)
- Should be able to write blueprints for big.LITTLE switcher and MP
- Usman will talk to Deepak etc
- Concern about alignment between implementors and testers
- Grant: not too worried, need a test that focuses on the stability of the kernel (and then check that the switcher does not destabilize it)
- ACTION: Grant - take ownership of this within the project; depending on Paul to drive the actual testing
- Lots of places in the kernel where we could implement faster operations (such as copying whole pages in the kernel etc). Potential for speeding up the ARM kernel generally.
- Small children joined in
- Open office giving hard float ABI
- Some other problems, mainly Haskall
- Long tail of ARM hard float problems
- Possibility that Konstantinos may work on some kernel optimizations (Neon / crypto related)
- Having patches reviewed within Linaro would be useful
- Friends of OCTO emailing list? Fits with reaching out to other companies and teams. Dave to set this up.
- Grant will be on holiday for a week from Thursday
Actions from this meeting
OfficeofCTO/2012-02-14 (last modified 2012-02-14 15:48:57)