Attendees

  • David Rusling
  • Loic Minier
  • Grant Likely

Information

Minutes

  • Discussed scope of boot architecture work:
    • Acceptance of device tree into ARM Linux kernel
    • BSPs from landing teams contain device tree support
    • Grant owns the Office of the CTO boot pages at OfficeofCTO//BootArchitecture

  • Discussed separate Working Group for boot architecture work - rejected prefer to do this via the Kernel WG
  • Engineering effort?
    • Need to discuss with Paul McKenney, get some resource assigned from the working group

      • Talk to WG members individually
    • Expecting effort from the BSP / Landing team
  • Best way to work with the landing teams?
    • Loic and David to discuss with Scott and Anmar
  • Suggestion of hacking days, via IRC on uboot, kernel etc
  • UEFI
    • Grant to start discussions with partners
    • Dave - will set up a TSC technical discussion later
    • Aim for TSC Recommendation

Actions

Number

Action

Owner

State

2011-01-17:1

Set up a device tree hacking day

Grant

2011-01-17:2

E-mail Grant partner UEFI contacts

All

2011-01-17:3

Talk with Anmar and Scott about how to interface with landing teams

Loic, David

Next Meeting

OfficeofCTO/2011-01-17 (last modified 2011-01-17 15:36:10)