|<< < 2020 / 8 > >>|
- Ilias Biris
- Ryan Harkin
- Steve Capper
- Short meeting as most folks are on vac or sick leave.
- Ilias brought up the need to plan for 13.01 release. There should be some idea on what can be marked as release material for 13.01 (binary and/or wiki documentation).
ACTION: ALL should check the cards in the JIRA structure - indicate what could be possibly release material for 13.01.
- Related to the upcoming f2f meeting of the LEG-SC (mid Jan) there should be preparation on the cards which should get reviewed by the LEG-SC for approval. This involves the roadmap cards only.
- ACTION: Ilias will contact folks individually for cards which need to be checked prior to any review by the LEG-SC
ELC13 CFP deadline is 04 Jan 2013. Please act now on possible presentations for the conference
- Accomplishments, Plans, any Issues
- Ryan: outlined the maintainership approach for the UEFI trees (upstream, Linaro, ARM) - he will start creating the 13.01 tree this week. Ryan will also try to get the process documented asap so that folks can have a reference point.
- Steve Capper: pulled the hadoop git repo and trying to rebuild for native ARM. The latest commit does not build, so had to go back to version 2.0.2 and got that compiling. Done native compiling also - which required going through the soft-float ABI detection logic for the JVM which appears to be in the wrong place and needs patching to fix. Once compiling is done, will move to testing and moving on from there.
CARD-229: CRC32 algorithm optimisation for Hadoop has now a number of subtasks defined for the work involved.
Steve McIntyre: going through the inline assembly dependencies - about 3-4 days worth of effort. Steve will then look at what dependencies are priorities based on the latest information in the workloads planning discussion in order to get the packages that need to be ported/optimised first.
Al Stone: Started looking at the CARD-247: ACPI - Epic - there may be need to get some questions answered about Arndale especially related to the support for DT and how to translate DT entries into something intelligible in ACPI. Should also check CARD-315: Fedora engineering build for Enterprise
Actions From Last Meeting
TODO: Leif - Ensure to include NUMA test suite (PoC: Leif/StevenC) once we have NUMA topic branch. It's along the lines linux-linaro test coverage and Deepak's kernel test suite (ktest - http://elinux.org/Ktest).
TODO: Anmar to discuss with Alexander on what is the division of the validation work as described in CARD-240
- INPROGRESS: Fathi to sort out Leif's questions about LEG specific use cases (no SD card, Hard Drive, installer, PXE boot requirement) wrt tools.
- INPROGRESS: Al to start breaking down the ACPI for ARMv7 to have something usable and demonstrable by Connect @ Hong Kong. Al should start breaking down into tasks to look then at how to start working with the cards with Ilias.
INPROGRESS: Ilias to clarify CARD-214 with Product management - trying to get that feedback from Kate now.
- INPROGRESS: Leif to look in to the list of requirements for PXE boot
- INPROGRESS: Ilias/Anmar get the engineering build requirements as defined as possible by end of wk49.2012 (card in JIRA)
- Will be work in progress. Needs more assignees in the new year to confirm suitability
- In the meantime, we need to setup the basic build for Arndale
NOTE: Fedora eng build card in now in place
- INPROGRESS Leif to split the GRUB wiki pages into separate UEFI and Uboot ones in preparation for the 12.12 release
- DONE: Fathi to provide guideline on submitting code to LAVA.
Actions From This Meeting
TODO: ALL should check the cards in the JIRA structure - indicate what could be possibly release material for 13.01.
- TODO: Ilias will contact folks individually for cards which need to be checked prior to any review by the LEG-SC
LEG/Engineering/Meetings/2013-01-03 (last modified 2013-01-03 17:42:47)