|<< < 2020 / 8 > >>|
- [ ] Andrea Gallo
- [X] Anmar Oueija
- [ ] Fathi Boudra
- [ ] Ilias Biris
- [ ] Leif Lindholm
- [ ] Rony Nandy
- [ ] Ryan Harkin
- [X] Steve Capper
[X] Steve McIntyre
- Assignees update
- Go over actions from last meeting
- Around the table - updates and other points to be raised
Actions From Last Meeting
- TODO: Al to look into getting the list of Fedora packages which are dependent on inline assembly and would need to be reworked for ARM servers.
- I am not sure this still applies
- TODO: Al to start breaking down the ACPI for ARMv7 to have something usable and demonstrable by Connect @ Hong Kong. Al should start breaking down into tasks to look then at how to start working with the cards with Ilias.
- TODO: Ilias should write up in the wiki about how the planning + roadmap process are implemented in LEG - Should be "frozen" till the Anmar and Ilias have finished their JIRA experiments
INPROGRESS: Anmar to discuss with Alexander on what is the division of the validation work as described in CARD-240
INPROGRESS: Ilias to clarify CARD-214 with Loic - trying to get that feedback from Loic
- TODO: Fathi to provide guideline on submitting code to LAVA.
- TODO: Fathi to sort out Leif's questions about LEG specific use cases (no SD card, Hard Drive, installer, PXE boot requirement) wrt tools.
TODO: Leif - Ensure to include NUMA test suite (PoC: Leif/StevenC) once we have NUMA topic branch. It's along the lines linux-linaro test coverage and Deepak's kernel test suite (ktest - http://elinux.org/Ktest).
- INPROGRESS: Leif to look in to the list of requirements for PXE boot
- INPROGRESS: Ilias/Anmar get the engineering build requirements as defined as possible by end of wk49.2012 (card in JIRA)
- Will be work in progress. Needs more assignees in the new year to confirm suitability
- In the meantime, we need to setup the basic build for Arndale
- DONE SteveC to update the engineering report with the same text we will use for the release notes for CRC compression work
DONE SteveC to put in a wiki page under (https://wiki.linaro.org/LEG/Engineering/Kernel/NUMA) outlining the NUMA work and user space tools and how to use them
- TODO Leif to split the GRUB wiki pages into separate UEFI and Uboot ones in preparation for the 12.12 release
- DONE Anmar to talk to Rony about putting the NUMA and KVM patches in his tree (kernel version is a concern since Rony's is 3.6 and NUMA work is against 3.7-rc8)
- DONE Anmar to chase Al on the availability of Fedora v8 using the Linaro toolchain and/or the linux-linaro kernel
- Al didn't respond. Hope to hear back from him Monday, when he returns from vacation
DONE SteveC to attempt adding NUMA to Rony's kernel tree (http://git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=people/ronynandy/linux_stable.git;a=summary)
- We ended up using SteveC's tree to merge hugepages and NUMA for the 12.12 release
TODO Anmar to talk to Michael and see if we can add the KVM source to Rony's Arndale tree (http://git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=people/ronynandy/linux_stable.git;a=summary)
- Code is based on 3.7 so back porting into Rony's tree is a no go, given the time and risk.
- Suggest we build a HWPack with Chris' tree and use that as an additional image or just point at the tree with instructions
Actions From This Meeting
- Not critical but they do need to be resolved - future copyright assignments/contribution agreements
- 12.12 Release
- SteveC will look into using Christoffer's tree since it already has KVM and hugepages. Will know by today
Call was canceled.
LEG/Engineering/Meetings/2012-12-13 (last modified 2012-12-14 17:32:41)