Parent

<< <  2020 / 8 >  >>
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31            

EU/Asia Call

Attendance

  • [ ] Andrea Gallo
  • [X] Anmar Oueija
  • [ ] Fathi Boudra
  • [ ] Ilias Biris
  • [ ] Leif Lindholm
  • [ ] Rony Nandy
  • [ ] Ryan Harkin
  • [X] Steve Capper
  • [X] Steve McIntyre

Agenda

  • Assignees update
  • Go over actions from last meeting
  • 12.12 release

  • Around the table - updates and other points to be raised

Actions From Last Meeting

  • TODO: Al to look into getting the list of Fedora packages which are dependent on inline assembly and would need to be reworked for ARM servers.
    • I am not sure this still applies
  • TODO: Al to start breaking down the ACPI for ARMv7 to have something usable and demonstrable by Connect @ Hong Kong. Al should start breaking down into tasks to look then at how to start working with the cards with Ilias.
  • TODO: Ilias should write up in the wiki about how the planning + roadmap process are implemented in LEG - Should be "frozen" till the Anmar and Ilias have finished their JIRA experiments
  • INPROGRESS: Anmar to discuss with Alexander on what is the division of the validation work as described in CARD-240

  • INPROGRESS: Ilias to clarify CARD-214 with Loic - trying to get that feedback from Loic

  • DONE: SteveC McIntyre to add work items to CARD-234, CARD-235.

  • TODO: Fathi to provide guideline on submitting code to LAVA.
  • TODO: Fathi to sort out Leif's questions about LEG specific use cases (no SD card, Hard Drive, installer, PXE boot requirement) wrt tools.
  • TODO: Leif - Ensure to include NUMA test suite (PoC: Leif/StevenC) once we have NUMA topic branch. It's along the lines linux-linaro test coverage and Deepak's kernel test suite (ktest - http://elinux.org/Ktest).

  • INPROGRESS: Leif to look in to the list of requirements for PXE boot
  • INPROGRESS: Ilias/Anmar get the engineering build requirements as defined as possible by end of wk49.2012 (card in JIRA)
    • Will be work in progress. Needs more assignees in the new year to confirm suitability
    • In the meantime, we need to setup the basic build for Arndale
  • DONE SteveC to update the engineering report with the same text we will use for the release notes for CRC compression work
  • DONE SteveC to put in a wiki page under (https://wiki.linaro.org/LEG/Engineering/Kernel/NUMA) outlining the NUMA work and user space tools and how to use them

  • TODO Leif to split the GRUB wiki pages into separate UEFI and Uboot ones in preparation for the 12.12 release
  • DONE Anmar to talk to Rony about putting the NUMA and KVM patches in his tree (kernel version is a concern since Rony's is 3.6 and NUMA work is against 3.7-rc8)
  • DONE Anmar to chase Al on the availability of Fedora v8 using the Linaro toolchain and/or the linux-linaro kernel
    • Al didn't respond. Hope to hear back from him Monday, when he returns from vacation
  • DONE SteveC to attempt adding NUMA to Rony's kernel tree (http://git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=people/ronynandy/linux_stable.git;a=summary)

    • We ended up using SteveC's tree to merge hugepages and NUMA for the 12.12 release
  • TODO Anmar to talk to Michael and see if we can add the KVM source to Rony's Arndale tree (http://git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=people/ronynandy/linux_stable.git;a=summary)

    • Code is based on 3.7 so back porting into Rony's tree is a no go, given the time and risk.
    • Suggest we build a HWPack with Chris' tree and use that as an additional image or just point at the tree with instructions

Actions From This Meeting

Issues

Minutes

  • 12.12 Release
    • SteveC will look into using Christoffer's tree since it already has KVM and hugepages. Will know by today

US Call

Call was canceled.

LEG/Engineering/Meetings/2012-12-13 (last modified 2012-12-14 17:32:41)