Parent

<< <  2020 / 8 >  >>
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31            

EU/Asia Call

Attendance

  • [X] Andrea Gallo
  • [X] Anmar Oueija
  • [ ] Fathi Boudra
  • [ ] Ilias Biris
  • [X] Leif Lindholm
  • [ ] Rony Nandy
  • [X] Ryan Harkin
  • [X] Steve Capper
  • [X] Steve McIntyre

Agenda

  • Assignees update
  • Go over actions from last meeting
  • 12.12 release

  • Around the table - updates and other points to be raised

Actions From Last Meeting

  • CARRIEDOVER: Al to look into getting the list of Fedora packages which are dependent on inline assembly and would need to be reworked for ARM servers.
    • I am not sure this still applies
  • CARRIEDOVER: Al to start breaking down the ACPI for ARMv7 to have something usable and demonstrable by Connect @ Hong Kong. Al should start breaking down into tasks to look then at how to start working with the cards with Ilias.
  • CARRIEDOVER: Rony to send the LAVA scripts for UEFI testing on Origen to Dave Pigott, and review the corresponding card with Ilias so that it can be closed. - INPROGRESS, the latest scripts are now being reviewed by Dave Pigott, a blueprint has been created on LAVA team side. Will pull the updates from the tarball sent by Rony and create a script to apply on top of LAVA trunk. - DONE
    • As a consideration for the future we need to make sure to follow the documented process (ACTION for Fathi to provide guidelines on submitting code to LAVA).
  • CARRIEDOVER: Steve McIntyre should document his effort with the inline assembly dependent packages under the LEG Engineering wiki pages. DONE

  • ACTION: Ilias should write up in the wiki about how the planning + roadmap process are implemented in LEG - TODO
  • ACTION Andrea/Ilias to add the comments from Andrea to CARD-173 and request a change to update the card (perhaps need to split it in order to close with respect to what is already done). DONE

    • Anmar talked to Leif and will do the split this week
  • ACTION: Anmar should add the Arndale as a platform for CARD-174 - DONE

  • ACTION: Anmar to discuss with Alexander on what is the division of the validation work as described in CARD-240 - INPROGRESS

  • ACTION: Anmar to check related to Al (when is he going to be full-time, when can he start on ACPI and also ask on the right Fedora build to use) - had a discussion - ongoing needs resolution. - DONE
    • All should start on ACPI 100% in 2013-01
  • ACTION Ilias to clarify CARD-214 with Loic. INPROGRESS - trying to get that feedback from Loic

  • ACTION: Steve McIntyre to add work items to CARD-234, CARD-235. INPROGRESS

  • ACTION: Fathi to provide guideline on submitting code to LAVA.
    • Anmar to follow up with Fathi
  • ACTION: Fathi to sort out Leif's questions about LEG specific use cases (no SD card, Hard Drive, installer, PXE boot requirement) wrt tools.
  • ACTION: Leif - Ensure to include NUMA test suite (PoC: Leif/StevenC) once we have NUMA topic branch. It's along the lines linux-linaro test coverage and Deepak's kernel test suite (ktest - http://elinux.org/Ktest).

    • Leif needs to sort it out with Deepak for the 12.12 release
  • ACTION: ALL - review the 12.12 Release plan and update or ask questions related to the engineering deliverables. - DONE

    • Anmar to follow up with all the stake holders
  • ACTION: Leif to look in to the list of requirements for PXE boot - INPROGRESS
  • ACTION: Ilias/Anmar get the engineering build requirements as defined as possible by end of wk49.2012 (card in JIRA)
    • Will be work in progress. Needs more assignees in the new year to confirm suitability
    • In the meantime, we need to setup the basic build for Arndale
  • ACTION: Leif to add a JIRA subtask to cover the effort for automating NUMA testing with LAVA - DONE

Actions From This Meeting

Issues

Minutes

  • Assignees Update
    • AMD - Steven - Kernel developer with ARM background
      • Areas of interest: UEFI, ACPI, and QA
    • AMD - GCC engineer - Toolchain WG is interested in him
    • Applied Micro - 2 Engineers (HyperVisor and Ethernet)

    • Cavium - One UEFI engineer to hire
    • Facebook - On engineer working on the HipHopVM
      • Currently determining the proper development environment (OE, Fedora, etc)
    • Linaro - Ard B. - Joining middle of Jan. PHP maintainer and expert on boot
    • Linaro - ACPI Engineer - In progress of hiring
    • Red Hat - Red Hat new hire - Working on LAVA in LEG
    • TI - Linux generalist
  • 12.12 Release
    • Plenty of actions captured in the actions section of these minutes
    • Anmar to will loop back with all the PoCs to confirm delivery and iron out any details. Freeze is Dec 13 (Thr) and we need to be ready

  • Standup
    • Leif- Reworked the mkImage. Booting and testing the UEFI on ARM GRUB port
    • SteveM - Beat glibc into submission for both ARMHF and AArch64. Otherwise, going through the packages. Out of the office Dec 7th and 14th
    • SteveC - Testing with LPAE, slugging through the patches
    • Anmar - setting up member syncup calls, reorganizing calls, cleaning up the wiki and general follow up
    • Andrea - LEG-SC work, many phone calls with members
  • Vacation
    • SteveC - Dec 7th and 14th
  • UEFI Sprint (Tue-Thr)
    • Hangouts during the week will be internal
    • Will setup a public hangout later in the sprint

US Call

Cancelled the call due to Al being on vacation.

LEG/Engineering/Meetings/2012-12-06 (last modified 2012-12-06 21:00:33)