Parent


LEG-SC
<< <  2020 / 5 >  >>
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Attendees

  • Andrea Gallo (Linaro)
  • Kate Stewart (Linaro)
  • David Rusling (Linaro)
  • Ilias Biris (Linaro)
  • Leendert VanDoorn (AMD)

  • Prasun Kapoor (Cavium)
  • Stefano Stabellini (Citrix)
  • Assaf Hoffman (Marvell)
  • Elsie Wahlig (Samsung)
  • Riccardo Ukmar (ST)
  • Jon Masters (Red Hat)
  • Bill Mills (TI)

Guest

  • Grant Likely (Linaro)

Not able to join

  • George Grey (Linaro)
  • Joe Bates (Linaro)
  • Anmar Oueja (Linaro)
  • Leo Duran (AMD)
  • Kumar Sankaran (Applied Micro)
  • Jeff Underhill (ARM)
  • Venu Vadapalli (Broadcom)
  • Kiko (Canonical)
  • Rob Herring (Calxeda)
  • Ali Adl-Tabatabai (Facebook)
  • Tim Wesselman (HP)
  • Paolo Faraboschi (HP)
  • Xinwei Hu (Huawei)
  • Shadi Ammouri(Marvell)

UEFI 32-bit Cards Review

  • UEFI on 32-bit epic

  • Rob: AHCI/SATA - concern about doing too much board enablement work
    • Grant: we always need some board enablement in order to validate the functionality but definitely the focus is on the core UEFI services and not the specific board itself
  • David: the work is not fully open, how much "closed"?
    • Grant/Andrea: it is restricted by the UEFI license and only members of the UEFI Forum can access it
    • Leendert: which LEG member companies can access the UEFI code?
    • Andrea: only those LEG member companies who have signed the UEFI contributor agreement or anyway listed on the UEFI membership page

      • Andrea to contact off line those LEG members who are not on the list yet
    • Andrea: as Linaro is a contributor, all Linaro engineers can access the UEFI code including the latest ARM v8 patchset, though those Linaro assignees from companies who have not joined the UEFI Forum shall not share the UEFI code back with their employers.
  • Assaf: which difference between PXE and Network boot?
    • Grant: PXE is the x86 preboot execution environment but not used on ARM, we are using the UEFI execution environment for network boot
  • Andrea: last week there was a request to explore IPv6 as part of the UEFI Network boot card, added in the comment field
    • Grant: very valid question, will look into that
    • Jon: we may not have a solution really

Actions from previous meeting

#

Action

Owner

Status

1

request Linaro COO to review and sign Open-MPI contributor agreement then feedback to LEG-SC

Andrea

OPEN

2

identify minimal subset of MCE alarm reporting

Tim, Ali

OPEN

3

Build OpenJDK plans at Linaro+RH

Andrea, Jon

OPEN

4

Poll for LEG-SC call timing

Andrea

DONE

5

set up a conf call on OpenStack and BMI with Jon and Jeff

Andrea

OPEN

6

organize a dedicated call on dmidecode

Andrea

DONE

7

invite ARM to present Juno

Andrea

OPEN

#2 change action text from MCE to RAS daemon update and have Robert present

Approve minutes from last week meeting

LEG-SC call on 14th March

  • OK to approve
  • Andrea, Assaf, Jon: keep the roadmap attachment exclusively to the private wiki, as long as the roadmap is not finalized.

LEG-SC call time survery

Currently the majority is voting to keep the timing as is, nobody is accepting to join both proposed alternate timings, as on the contrary being currently considered by the TSC. Andrea is always available to have additional calls the same day in more China- or USA-friendly timing.

Review again next week once we close the survey.

Oracle Contributor agreement

Approved to request the TSC to send to the COO for signature.

ACPI Cards Review

Review of the ACPI cards, pending approval since 28th February:

Current ACPI work is documented on the ACPI wiki.

Approval was pending waiting for the comment from Bill to me moved into the deliverable section of the card. Done.

  • Assaf sent an email with some questions on the ACPI engineering cards
    • Anmar will reply by email, engineering cards / blueprints are the daily tasks being defined by and with the engineers
    • those sub cards are not part of the three cards listed above and being approved
    • leg-sc alias can be added in CC of the thread if members are interested.

All cards above are now approved.

Roadmap review

Tentatively moved OpenStack to Q3 as a concept, will consolidate around mid April probably.

  • Rob: misconception that OpenStack is a large big chunk of work, actually it is trivial to try it out, there is a script at [[http://trystack.org/|TryStack] that allows to download all components and build a single instance very simply. OpenStack is important for KVM

    • Jon: there are two parts, trivial to create a build of OpenStack, the heavylifting is on running it in a virtualized KVM guest

    • Andrea: based on such comments, safe to assume that we can build OpenStack by Q2? Assignee from HP could take on this

Agreed to move OpenStack to Q2 and then publish the roadmap by Friday evening unless members share major concern by email.

Engineering review

No question on LEG Engineering Report w12.

AOB

Jon: discussion on ecosystem in few weeks time -> Action for Andrea to organize

Actions from this meeting

#

Action

Owner

Status

1

request Linaro COO to review and sign Open-MPI contributor agreement then feedback to LEG-SC

Andrea

OPEN

2

Invite Robert Ritcher to provide an update on RAS Daemon

Andrea

OPEN

3

Build OpenJDK plans at Linaro+RH

Andrea, Jon

OPEN

4

set up a conf call on OpenStack and BMI with Jon and Jeff

Andrea

OPEN

5

invite ARM to present Juno in an ecosystem-centric LEG-SC call

Andrea

OPEN

LEG-SC/2013-03-21 (last modified 2013-03-29 17:55:08)