Parent


LEG-SC
<< <  2020 / 8 >  >>
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31            

Attendees

  • David Rusling (Linaro)
  • Andrea Gallo (Linaro)
  • Leo Duran (AMD)
  • Kumar Sankaran (Applied Micro)
  • Jeff Underhill (ARM)
  • Venu (Broadcom)
  • Kiko (Canonical)
  • Assaf Hoffman (Marvell)
  • Jon Masters (Red Hat)
  • Elsie Wahlig (Samsung)

Unable to attend

  • Kate Stewart (Linaro)
  • Anmar Oueja (Linaro)
  • Ilias Biris (Linaro)
  • Rob Herring (Calxeda)
  • Prasun Kapoor (Cavium)
  • Stefano Stabellini (Citrix)
  • Ali Adl-Tabatabai (Facebook)
  • Tim Wesselman (HP)
  • Xinwei Hu (Huawei)
  • Riccardo Ukmar (ST)
  • Bill Mills (TI)

Actions from previous meeting

#

Action

Owner

Status

1

Solicit power management guidance from HP, FaceBook, other OEMs on the desired ACPI states

Tim, Ali, etc.

DONE

2

request Linaro COO to review and sign Open-MPI contributor agreement then feedback to LEG-SC

Andrea

OPEN

3

Promote clarification of PXE&GRUB in UEFI card + feedback from Jon/Kiko/Bill/Rob

Anmar

DONE

4

estimate tentative date for UEFI on v8 and add to the roadmap

Anmar, Andrea

DONE

5

identify minimal subset of MCE alarm reporting

Tim, Ali

OPEN

6

add ref design implementation of ACPI table vs FDT as per request by W Mills

Andrea

DONE

7

Access to ARM UEFI v8 code

Andrea

DONE

8

Build OpenJDK plans at Linaro+RH

Andrea, Jon

OPEN

9

OpenJDK project set-up reporting early April

Andrea

OPEN

10

Rework the roadmap for next LEG-SC call

Andrea

DONE

11

Poll for LEG-SC call timing

Andrea

OPEN

1) close and move into the creation of the ACPI PM card

2) low priority

3) close, same code as UEFI - check IPv6 as part of the card

4,7) ARM is now sharing the UEFI v8 PI code to those companies who signed the UEFI Contributor agreement or are UEFI Promoters

5) keep pending for few more weeks

  • Robert Ritcher to prepare a first design document proposal and present at LEG-SC
  • Assaf has doubts about perf event being fit for ECC errors, perf reports counters for errors but not timestamp, etc.

6) close

8-9) combine

Approve Minutes

Call on 28th February

Engineering Review on 4th March

Roadmap Review on 5th March

Verticals Review on 7th March

Wrap up on 8th March

Assaf and Jon reviewed and are happy to publish.

OK to publish on 15th if no objection by email

dmidecode card proposal

dmidecode proposal by Marvell

  • Jeff: agree on the importance of that data structure
  • Assaf: SMBIOS is the standard for structure in memory, dmidecode is the application that outputs that into human readable format. It is also used during network boot to read the s/n of the server
  • Jeff: management consoles use that information, some tools access the output from the dmidecode and others the dmi structures directly
  • Assaf: dmidecode is one of the applications that use the DMI / SMBIOS data structure
  • Jeff: usually the DMI structures are stored in flash and some x86 interrupt is used to access SMBIOS services

ACTION: organize a dedicated call on the topic involving x86 experts from the various members

AOB

Jeff: get ARM people working on Juno to come and present to the LEG-SC -> ACTION to invite them

ACTION: invite Jason to give an intro about SMC/PSCI

Actions from this meeting

#

Action

Owner

Status

1

request Linaro COO to review and sign Open-MPI contributor agreement then feedback to LEG-SC

Andrea

OPEN

2

identify minimal subset of MCE alarm reporting

Tim, Ali

OPEN

3

Build OpenJDK plans at Linaro+RH

Andrea, Jon

OPEN

4

Poll for LEG-SC call timing

Andrea

OPEN

5

set up a conf call on OpenStack and BMI with Jon and Jeff

Andrea

OPEN

6

organize a dedicated call on dmidecode

Andrea

OPEN

7

invite ARM to present Juno

Andrea

OPEN

LEG-SC/2013-03-14 (last modified 2013-03-22 19:01:21)