Parent


LEG-SC
<< <  2020 / 8 >  >>
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31            

Attendees

  • Anmar Oueja (Linaro)
  • Andrea Gallo (Linaro)
  • Leo Duran (AMD)
  • Kumar Sankaran (Applied Micro)
  • Jeff Underhill (ARM)
  • Rob Herring (Calxeda)
  • Prasun Kapoor (Cavium)
  • Ali Adl-Tabatabai (Facebook)
  • Assaf Hoffman (Marvell)
  • Jon Masters (Red Hat)
  • Elsie Wahlig (Samsung)
  • Bill Mills (TI)

Unable to attend

  • George Grey (Linaro)
  • David Rusling (Linaro)
  • Joe Bates (Linaro)
  • Ilias Biris (Linaro)
  • Ed Gasiorowski (Applied Micro)
  • Kiko (Canonical)
  • Tim Wesselman (HP)
  • Paolo Faraboschi (HP)
  • Xinwei Hu (Huawei)
  • Shadi Ammouri(Marvell)
  • Laura Formenti (ST)

Actions from previous meetings

#

Action

Owner

Status

1

Solicit power management guidance from HP, FaceBook, other OEMs on the desired ACPI states

Tim, Ali, etc.

OPEN

2

Invite Andrew Haley to provide an update to LEG and Linaro on openJDK

Jon, Andrea

OPEN

3

invite Owen to join LAVA learning curve with Fu Wei

Andrea

DONE

4

Organize a BOF session on JIT and code generators at LCA13

Andrea

OPEN

5

Promote clarification of PXE in UEFI card + feedback from Jon/Kiko

Anmar

OPEN

6

evaluate if KVM mini summit possible e/o January - early February

Ilias

OPEN

7

add the snapshot date on each roadmap update

Andrea

OPEN

8

estimate tentative date for UEFI on v8 and add to the roadmap

Anmar, Andrea

OPEN

9

identify minimal subset of MCE alarm reporting

Tim, Ali

OPEN

10

Discuss about the existing legal implication to work on QEMU for AArch64 and find a solution, then brief all members

David, Jon, Kiko, Paolo

DONE

11

Send a deadline for the majority vote to the TSC for the GPLv3/GRUB and PHP/ZEND licenses

Andrea

DONE

Regarding action #10, agreed to request direct written guidelines to the TSC specifically for Linaro assignee to work on QEMU v8.

Minutes from previous meetings

Elsie is ok to publish. Jeff is ok to publish with only a minor change on openJDK comments (received by email after the call and updated that section accordingly).

Wait for feedback from everybody else by next week.

License requests

  • update on PHP/ZEND and GPL v3
    • PHP/ZEND TSC majority ok, official approval received (right after the call)
    • GPLv3 for GRUB2 waiting for official result
  • new request: TBB (dependency for HHVM)
  • new request: Open-MPI (future work on distributed computing)
  • Oracle have a pre-release JVM that has hardfloat support (the other releases are all soft float). Details in: http://jdk8.java.net/fxarmpreview/

    • Agreed to verify w/ Dave Rusling how to proceed

Card review

  • Bill asked if Reece can move to QEMU v7 VE instead of the VE Fast model for the UEFI PXE Network boot, as it would be easier for him.
  • Bill asked official confirmation that RH and Canonical will use GRUB2 to load ISO images instead of syslinux, as it happens in x86 -> Jon/Kiko to confirm

HHVM

Assembly scan and other optimisations

  • Analysis of optimisation possibilities for Enterprise workloads

  • Rob: what about openSSL or other know places for optimization?
    • Andrea: asking to approve the scope of the card, i.e. analysing packages for assembly dependencies and adding in small hanging fruits like NUMA or hugepages. New cards will be created to define and track each assembly optimization required. OpenSSL can be added as a new low hanging fruit as part of the new cards.
    • Rob to send more feedback by email
  • Jon approves the card
  • Andrea will send a reminder for more feedback

QEMU and KVM for 64-bit

AOB

  • Leo: what about feedback on Moor Insights proposal?
    • Jeff: will organize a dedicated call out of LEG

Actions from this meeting

#

Action

Owner

Status

1

Solicit power management guidance from HP, FaceBook, other OEMs on the desired ACPI states

Tim, Ali, etc.

OPEN

2

Invite Andrew Haley to provide an update to LEG and Linaro on openJDK

Jon, Andrea

OPEN

3

request Linaro COO to review and sign Open-MPI contributor agreement then feedback to LEG-SC

Andrea

OPEN

4

Organize a BOF session on JIT and code generators at LCA13

Andrea

OPEN

5

Promote clarification of PXE in UEFI card + feedback from Jon/Kiko

Anmar

OPEN

6

evaluate if KVM mini summit possible e/o January - early February

Ilias

OPEN

7

add the snapshot date on each roadmap update

Andrea

OPEN

8

estimate tentative date for UEFI on v8 and add to the roadmap

Anmar, Andrea

OPEN

9

identify minimal subset of MCE alarm reporting

Tim, Ali

OPEN

10

direct written guidelines to the TSC specifically for Linaro assignee to work on QEMU v8

David

OPEN

11

provide TSC final answer on GRUB2/GPLv3

David

OPEN

12

request Linaro COO to review and sign Intel TBB contributor agreement then feedback to LEG-SC

Andrea

OPEN

13

provide confirmation that Canonical and RH will use GRUB2

Jon, Kiko

OPEN

14

provide guidelines about using Oracle jdk8 eval release for testing

David

OPEN

LEG-SC/2013-01-24 (last modified 2013-02-08 16:26:41)