Parent


LEG-SC
<< <  2020 / 5 >  >>
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Attendees

  • David Rusling (Linaro)
  • Joe Bates (Linaro)
  • Anmar Oueja (Linaro)
  • Ilias Biris (Linaro)
  • Andrea Gallo (Linaro)
  • Leo Duran (AMD)
  • Kumar Sankaran (Applied Micro)
  • Jeff Underhill (ARM)
  • Rob Herring (Calxeda)
  • Kiko (Canonical)
  • Prasun Kapoor (Cavium)
  • Ali Adl-Tabatabai (Facebook)
  • Tim Wesselman (HP)
  • Paolo Faraboschi (HP)
  • Jon Masters (Red Hat)
  • Elsie Wahlig (Samsung)
  • Bill Mills (TI)

Unable to attend

  • George Grey (Linaro)
  • Ed Gasiorowski (Applied Micro)
  • Xinwei Hu (Huawei)
  • Assaf Hoffman (Marvell)
  • Shadi Ammouri(Marvell)
  • Laura Formenti (ST)

Actions from previous meeting

#

Action

Owner

Status

1

Discuss about the existing legal implication to work on QEMU for AArch64 and find a solution, then brief all members

David, Jon, Kiko, Paolo

OPEN (should be sorted now, tracking the legal paper)

2

Share the updated list of top priorities at each call

Andrea

OPEN

3

Add bridge/remote access info to the invite for the face to face meeting on 15th

Andrea

DONE

4

Create a draft card based on Marvell inputs for machine check and submit for review

Andrea

DONE

5

Share tentative dates for next connects and other face to face meetings

Andrea

DONE

LEG-SC face to face meeting in January

Agreed to meet on 15th January, the day before the Open Compute Summit in the Bay area. Facebook kindly volunteered to host the meeting.

Plan to start at 10am and continue till about 6pm then dinner together.

Location: Facebook, 1601 Willow Rd., Menlo Park, CA 94025

The meeting will take place in building 17, let's meet altogether at the lobby of building 17 itself (not at the main entrance of the campus).

Agenda:

  • update on subteam(s) composition and assignment
  • summary of card lifecycle and development process
  • review JIRA cards
  • guest: Moor Insights and Strategy on open source hyperscale benchmarking
  • dinner

Confirmed participants next week: Anmar, Ilias, Andrea, Leo, Kumar and Ed, Jeff, Rob, Kiko, Prasun, Ali, Tim, Assaf, Jon, Elsie, Bill.

David/George will join for dinner.

Tentative dates for Linaro Connect events in 2013

  • 4-8/03 Hong Kong
  • 8-12/07 Dublin (tentative, not finalized yet)
  • 28-31/10 and 1/11 San Jose (tentative, not finalized yet)

David: there is a master schedule available LCA13 - Schedule - Master.pdf and it is recommended that all LEG-SC members participate for the whole week.

Minutes from last meeting

The minutes from last meeting are available at:

https://wiki.linaro.org/Internal/LEG-SC/2012-12-20

From this call onward, minutes will be posted in the private wiki and once approved then published in the public wiki.

Licenses

Reviewed feedback from members who needed more time to answer to the request to approve GRUB2 work under the GPLv3 license and HipHopVM work under the PHP and ZEND licenses.

In favor: AMD, Applied, ARM, Calxeda, Canonical, Cavium, Facebook, RedHat, Samsung, ST. Samsung specifically approves ZEND/PHP, for GPLv3 for Grub2 they are ok with it given that they will not ship it directly in products.

HP most probably OK as long as HP assignees are not involved in GPLv3 code.

Need more time: Huawei, Marvell, TI.

Bill from TI commented that it should be OK for TI but the new legal team is not fully up to speed yet and it may take some time more so he suggests in the meanwhile to proceed and request approval to the Linaro TSC.

waiting final approval from the TSC

ACTION: Andrea to send a deadline for the majority vote to the TSC.

Update on the assignees

Engineer

Company

Team

Steven Kinney

AMD

UEFI

Venkataramanan

AMD

Tools

Anup Patel

Applied Micro

Virtualization

Pranavkumar Sawargaonkar

Applied Micro

Virtualization

Leif Lindohlm

ARM

UEFI/ACPI

Steve Capper

ARM

Verticals

identified, available to start on 1st Feb

Calxeda

Kernel

identified, available to start on 1st Feb

Calxeda

Virtualization

identified, pending final approval

Canonical

Virtualization

identified, pending final approval

Canonical

Verticals

identified, profile to be shared

Cavium

n/a

Cavium

Owen Yamauchi

Facebook

Verticals

n/a

HP

LAVA

pending legal approval

Huawei

ACPI

on board on 14th Jan

Linaro

Verticals

Steve McIntyre

Linaro

Verticals

on board on 4th Feb

Linaro

ACPI

n/a

Marvell

n/a

Marvell

Fu Wei

RedHat

LAVA

Al Stone

RedHat

ACPI

Rony Nandy

Samsung

UEFI

Yvan Roux

ST

Tools

Reece Pollack

TI

UEFI

Calxeda/Rob to share the profiles in the coming days, assignees ready to get on board from 1st February.

Canonical/Kiko is waiting for the final approval for the two profiles, ready to start anytime.

Cavium/Prasun will share one profile in the coming days.

HP/Tim and Paolo may consider a profile for the Distributed Computing application vertical, rather than pure LAVA.

The target numbers in the following table need to be reviewed at the face to face meeting next week.

Team

#

target

UEFI

5

4

ACPI

3

5

Kernel

2

4

Virtualization

4

4

Verticals

5

8

LAVA

3

2

Tools

2

2

Need to focus on ACPI and Verticals resources for the new profiles

chart2.png

Engineering report and priorities

  1. UEFI maintainership rules and code refactoring, if needed
  2. assembly scanning of Ubuntu and Fedora packages
  3. kick off ACPI work
  4. accelerate KVM work
  5. initiate work on Verticals

Check out the Engineering report and the https://wiki.linaro.org/LEG/Events/UEFI_summit_201212.

Good call between Andrea and ARM Andrew Wafaa / Mark Zyngier about cooperation on KVM.

Update on the roadmap and on Verticals

Roadmap published and available from https://wiki.linaro.org/LEG/

Verticals:

  1. LAMP stack and web server front end incl. mem cache technologies
    • sponsored by Elsie and Kiko
  2. HipHopVM application server
    • sponsored by Ali
  3. Distributed data storage, incl. HDFS, MongoDB and key value sets
    • sponsored by Jeff and Tim
  4. Distributed computing, incl. Hadoop, OpenStack, OpenMPI, Hadoop

    • sponsored by Jon and Larry

The distributed computing vertical still needs to be sketched, Jon and Larry will work on it.

Agreed to continue the work on verticals in separate sub teams, each one made of its sponsors and the assignees. Create wiki pages for each vertical and move all contents from the private draft verticals shared document. LEG-SC sponsors will update all other representatives about their verticals at every LEG-SC call.

Cards

All roadmap cards to be reviewed face to face on 15th: http://cards.linaro.org/secure/StructureBoard.jspa?s=105

Machine Check Exception: discuss on 15th with Assaf, Jon and Rob as main ones. The initial draft card is available at: http://cards.linaro.org/browse/CARD-330.

HHVM: the card being updated by Ali and Owen. Dependencies on OE, Fedora, Ubuntu to be cleared asap.

Actions from this meeting

#

Action

Owner

Status

1

Discuss about the existing legal implication to work on QEMU for AArch64 and find a solution, then brief all members

David, Jon, Kiko, Paolo

OPEN (should be sorted now, tracking the legal paper)

2

Send a deadline for the majority vote to the TSC for the GPLv3/GRUB and PHP/ZEND licenses

Andrea

OPEN

LEG-SC/2013-01-10 (last modified 2013-02-01 17:53:54)