Project Management in Launchpad (james_w, JamieBennett)
[20:43] james_w: JamieBennett: I just want to get an idea of what you want to achieve with project management tools that you can't right now [20:43]JamieBennett: james_w: OK [20:44]james_w: JamieBennett: I'd prefer not to just go through a laundry list of changes you want in LP, and talk more about what you want to be able to do, as I have to write higher-level goals for the TSC
High level goals
- Make determining the status of projects and groups as easy as possible.
- See whats been done and what still needs to be done.
- Be able to make planning decisions after all blueprints are submitted into launchpad.
- Be able to determine high-risk blueprints in launchpad to keep an extra eye on them during the cycle.
- Easier bug tracking through time based summary information. A clear history.
- See which blueprints are behind, on-track, blocked on a project and group basis and have that flagged.
- Group blueprints over different projects and teams to build up a bigger picture.
- Have enough heuristics on past performance to build in an estimate based on individuals, projects, and linked projects.
Rename 'work items' to 'tasks'
Things I get asked
- What code has gone upstream?
- Whats been done this week/month?
- Where are we on 'x' (easy to find status update)?
- Are we on track?
- Who's doing 'x'?
- How long did 'x' take to do?
- What is the status of bugs for the whole project?
- Project and group status stream. Whats happened (bugs closed, bugs filed, code check in's, new versions, e.t.c).
- Time-based reports for projects and groups. Status as above per week/month/cycle.
- Work item tracker inside launchpad.
- Lightweight bugs for work items?
- Don't show up in bug searches.
- Simplified UI?
- Allow estimates to be added (2hr's, 4 days, 1 week).
- Can be used to see if a blueprint or project as a whole is realistic for a deadline.
- Used solely for tracking work items.
- Burn down charts directly in launchpad.
JamieBennett/MeetingNotes/2010-09-16 (last modified 2010-09-16 14:01:00)