EngineeringUnits/Management/Meetings
<< <  2020 / 8 >  >>
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31            

Techleads meetings: Mondays 5pm UTC and Thursdays 9:30am UTC

Agenda

Owner

Topic

David (Loïc)

TSC actions

Actions from previous meeting

  • Action for TL's: Kiko needs a description of the items that are postponed.
  • Action for TL's: If you know that you can't do some items, then go ahead and postpone items
  • Action for Steve L: Pull together a wiki page for knowledge transfer to Ricardo
  • Action for Paul L: Pull together a wiki page for UDS sessions for Validations
    • Action for TL's: Kiko asked all the TL's to visualize UDS for your teams and guests. Does everyone know how to get there? Do they know the sessions? etc.
  • Carry Over: David and Loïc to have a chat about options for QEMU A9 emulation forward to the TSC agenda
  • Carry Over: Kiko and Michael to discuss list of TWG sessions

Attendees

  • Amit Kucheria
  • Loïc Minier
  • Michael Hope
  • Christian Reis
  • Jamie Bennett
  • Alexander Sack
  • Scott Bambrough
  • Stephen Doel

Minutes

  • Action for TL's: Kiko needs a description of the items that are postponed.
    • ACTION: Kiko to email techleads@ to request this
  • Action for TL's: If you know that you can't do some items, then go ahead and postpone items
    • ACTION: Kiko to also mention this in email
  • Action for Steve L: Pull together a wiki page for knowledge transfer to Ricardo
    • CARRIEDOVER
  • Action for Paul L: Pull together a wiki page for UDS sessions for Validations
    • CARRIEDOVER
    • Action for TL's: Kiko asked all the TL's to visualize UDS for your teams and guests. Does everyone know how to get there? Do they know the sessions? etc.
      • DONE: word was passed to all techleads
  • Carry Over: David and Loïc to have a chat about options for QEMU A9 emulation forward to the TSC agenda
    • DONE: A9 model was deprioritized, Michael confirmed that nobody from TSC cared strongly about it and David approved deprioritizing it
      • There is actually a lot of QEMU items planned for next cycle already
      • ACTION: Kiko to write to David to confirm one more time ;-)

  • Carry Over: Kiko and Michael to discuss list of TWG sessions
    • DONE
  • Review TSC actions
    • Michael said his action is done (he clarified mentions of QEMU to expect NEON, SMP and A9)
    • Loïc to write to Grant to pickup the UEFI prototype action
    • Amit has done a couple of actions (now marked as such); will finish last one this week
    • Loïc to confirm Grant's PM spec over email
    • Kiko + Kurt to chat today and go over the actions
    • Removed a dup action from Alexander
  • Michael wonders when do we create the TR blueprints?
    • Alexander already filed them, and targeted them at o-series
    • Michael will create the linaro-toolchain-* and linaro-tr-* blueprints
  • Michael has validation blueprints such as building Yocto; should he schedule or should Paul schedule?
    • Should sync up with Paul on list of high level projects
    • ACTION: Michael to schedule a session around Yocto and perhaps Android cross-builds to validate the toolchain
    • Where are we with respect to rebuilding Ubuntu?
      • Alexander reports that we're still not "high" priority for rebuilding Ubuntu, might land middle of next cycle; there's also ALIP cross-rebuilds
  • Binary toolchains - TSC requested them, but not very specific on which ones, probably includes a Windows build as well
    • Michael will host a session on it
    • Alexander already planned a session on cross-compilers for Ubuntu, lead by Marcin; thinks we could discuss it there
    • Some debate on whether OSX hosted toolchains are important or not
    • ACTION: Michael to list cross-toolchain outputs to Marcin and try to fit them in the existing cross-compilers sessions
  • Half-days for sprinting and half-days for sessions?
    • Alexander would like to know the planning of this; he would like to send platform folks to WG sessions etc.
    • Will be manually scheduled; would be best to get this fixed for next UDS
  • Kiko sent out contents for executive engineering summary
    • Will be circulated to everyone
    • Please check that it's not missing anything
    • Might be worth mentioning the Android images support; Alexander says graphics support might not be complete
    • Also worth mention might be the patches sent to Android upstream now that the agreement to contribute is in place
  • Stephen is arranging t-shirt for track leads

Actions from this meeting

  • ACTION: Kiko to email techleads@ to request a description of things postponed to next cycle and to remind techleads to mark workitems as postponed now rather than later
  • CARRIEDOVER: Steve L to pull together a wiki page for knowledge transfer to Ricardo
  • CARRIEDOVER: Paul L to pull together a wiki page for UDS sessions for Validations
  • ACTION: Kiko to write to David to confirm one more time that we are not doing any QEMU A9 model work ;-)

  • ACTION: Michael to schedule a session around Yocto and perhaps Android cross-builds to validate the toolchain
  • ACTION: Michael to list cross-toolchain outputs to Marcin and try to fit them in the existing cross-compilers sessions

EngineeringUnits/Management/Meetings/2011-04-28 (last modified 2011-04-28 10:30:23)