EngineeringUnits/Management/Meetings
<< <  2020 / 8 >  >>
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31            

Techleads meetings: Mondays 5pm UTC and Thursdays 9:30am UTC

Agenda

  • No specific topic brought up before the call

Actions from previous meeting

  • CARRIEDOVER: David to bring Panda to Ramana on Friday
  • CARRIEDOVER: Steve and Loïc to poke Lamont on whether we have enough Pandas for armhf
  • ACTION: Paul to hand Jesse and Kiko a list of possible candidates
  • ACTION: Paul McK, Kiko, Loïc to discuss KWG releases further in a separate call

Attendees

  • Andy Green
  • Sachin Gupta
  • Loïc Minier
  • David Rusling
  • Christian Reis
  • Michael Hope
  • Amit Kucheria

Minutes

  • CARRIEDOVER: David to bring Panda to Ramana on Friday
  • CARRIEDOVER: Steve and Loïc to poke Lamont on whether we have enough Pandas for armhf
  • CARRIEDOVER: Paul to hand Jesse and Kiko a list of possible candidates
  • INPROGRESS: Paul McK, Kiko, Loïc to discuss KWG releases further in a separate call
  • Michael Hope received the pandaboards, cool
    • Two issues: one died with LEDs off, and the other one has a flashing LED
    • ACTION: Michael Hope to file bugs on Panda issues
    • ACTION: Andy to followup on the Panda bugs
  • Michael can't build gcc on natty due to multiarch; this is a known bug which got worked around in the packaging
    • ACTION: Michael to followup with Steve on gcc issues with multiarch
    • Michael also curious on whether this is going upstream
  • Michael would like to switch to LEB supported boards, so low cost boards, but the ARM ones aren't cheap enough, despite being significantly cheaper
    • OMAP4 is too much work
    • ARM is too expensive so wont make it to a LEB
    • Could use some qemu-kvm model, but wouldn't run on real hardware
    • Could also use the OMAP "features" bitfield to disable some OMAP subsystems (Andy Green's idea)
    • Could also do OMAP3, which is working today, but that's not A9
    • ACTION: Kiko to bring up Elba as a possible LEB to mgt
    • ACTION: David and Kiko to put options for QEMU A9 emulation forward to the TSC agenda
  • Michael ran out of time presenting the technical topics
    • David and Kiko are scheduling time to discuss with Michael and all three will bring up the remaining topics to the TSC
  • Google I/O conflicts with Linaro@UDS - Kiko
    • Important to network with Android / Google people -- engineer to engineer in particular
    • How do we get an invite? Maybe CEOs like George or Mark got one?
  • Andy was invited as a speaker for a talk on Android in an Android Summit run by 0xlab in Taipei
    • Might be a good way to meet Google folks
    • Andy doesn't know Android though
    • ACTION: Kiko to discuss attendance of Google I/O on mgt
  • Kiko would like the KWG to maintain an official linux-linaro-android branch which the landing teams would base on
    • Strawman: could we just merge the Android patchset?
      • Very intrusive
      • Very risky policitically
      • Consistent with our goals of unifying kernels
      • Unlikely to fly with multiple people
    • Is it possible to keep patches with both a mainline flavor, and then another patch for Android integration?
      • Needs double the testing
    • Amit mentions http://www.kroah.com/log/linux/android-wakelock-solution.html which seems to say we could merge all Android drivers *now*!

      • ACTION: Loïc and Kiko to discuss Android situation with John Stultz; invite Andy Green

Actions from this meeting

  • CARRIEDOVER: David to bring Panda to Ramana on Friday
  • CARRIEDOVER: Steve and Loïc to poke Lamont on whether we have enough Pandas for armhf
  • CARRIEDOVER: Paul to hand Jesse and Kiko a list of possible candidates
  • INPROGRESS: Paul McK, Kiko, Loïc to discuss KWG releases further in a separate call
  • ACTION: Michael Hope to file bugs on Panda issues
  • ACTION: Andy to followup on the Panda bugs
  • ACTION: Kiko to bring up Elba as a possible LEB to mgt
  • ACTION: David and Kiko to put options for QEMU A9 emulation forward to the TSC agenda

EngineeringUnits/Management/Meetings/2011-03-31 (last modified 2011-04-13 14:55:17)