EngineeringUnits/Management/Meetings
<< <  2020 / 8 >  >>
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31            

Techleads meetings: Mondays 5pm UTC and Thursdays 9:30am UTC

Agenda

Owner

Topic

Stephen Doel

Linaro@UDS Planning update (Demos evening, format of week, your input requested)

JamieBennett

Hopefully, finally, agree on the monthly milestone naming scheme

your name here

add your own

Actions from previous meeting

  • CARRIEDOVER: Techleads to take a slot on Releases/1111/Schedule

  • CARRIEDOVER: Steve to test libjpeg-turbo in developer image
  • ACTION: Scott and Kiko to discuss FSL's IRC issues
  • CARRIEDOVER: Steve and Alexander to discuss who to send to Canonical Ubuntu platform sprint.
  • CARRIEDOVER: Sachin to check on the progress of Multimedia TRs and check that they are on track
  • ACTION: James to send list of patches/submitters to Stephen Doel and/or tech leads as to allow people to review who is Cc:ing patches properly

  • ACTION: Paul and Kiko to discuss TR layout for blueprints

Attendees

  • Amit Kucheria
  • Andy Green
  • Angus Ainslie
  • Lee Jones
  • Loïc Minier
  • David Rusling
  • Michael Hope
  • Jamie Bennett
  • Stephen Doel
  • Steve Langasek
  • Alexander Sack
  • Christian Reis
  • Paul Larson
  • Joey Stanford
  • James Westby
  • Jesse Barker
  • Paul McKenney

  • Sachin Gupta
  • Scott Bambrough

Minutes

  • CARRIEDOVER: Techleads to take a slot on Releases/1111/Schedule

    • Booked Michael Hope; others still missing (Sachin, Steve...)
  • CARRIEDOVER: Steve to test libjpeg-turbo in developer image
    • In progress, being packaged in overlay repo
  • CARRIEDOVER: Scott and Kiko to discuss FSL's IRC issues
    • Scott asked to wait a bit as FSL is changing connection
  • CARRIEDOVER: Steve and Alexander to discuss who to send to Canonical Ubuntu platform sprint.
  • CARRIEDOVER: Sachin to check on the progress of Multimedia TRs and check that they are on track
  • DONE: James to send list of patches/submitters to Stephen Doel and/or tech leads as to allow people to review who is Cc:ing patches properly

    • Stephen worried about low number of people (24) in the list
  • DONE: Paul and Kiko to discuss TR layout for blueprints
    • Call planned Tuesday 8th of March
  • Linaro@UDS planning
    • Thinking of holding demoes on Tuesday evening
      • Would like each Linaro member to showcase a demo
      • Would be some kind of fair, with buffets, perhaps prize draws
      • Can sponsor people to attend if needed
      • What would LT have to demo?
        • Maybe just Ubuntu builds
      • Could be a game where you have to collect information from the various teams
      • Wants demoes, posters, etc.
      • Would have food/buffet, anybody could come
    • Currently arranging Linaro rooms schedule
    • Would be good to explain people where each room is; would be good to tell people how to participate in sessions
    • Plenaries about Linaro
      • Members
      • Kiko and Stephen will prepare
      • Tech leads can propose plenaries
  • Format for monthly milestones?
    • Would be best to use the same milestones
    • Would like to use YYYY.MM for toolchain projects
    • gcc-linaro has 4.4 and 4.5 milestones with dates, so wont be exactly YY.MM
    • Could check the date of the milestone and group them by release date
    • ACTION: Jamie to check with James whether that is ok
  • Michael worried of the time his team is spending on bug fixes vs. performance improvements
    • Moto was always neutral on correctness
    • External communication is that Linaro is about Linux on ARM and that this is the place to get a modern ARM toolchain
    • Porter queue likely to make this worse
    • Could try forwarding to ARM some of them; will discuss in TWG
    • Could do more pristine-upstream builds to file bugs as the issues appear

Actions from this meeting

  • CARRIEDOVER: Techleads to take a slot on Releases/1111/Schedule

  • CARRIEDOVER: Steve to test libjpeg-turbo in developer image
  • CARRIEDOVER: Scott and Kiko to discuss FSL's IRC issues
  • CARRIEDOVER: Steve and Alexander to discuss who to send to Canonical Ubuntu platform sprint.
  • CARRIEDOVER: Sachin to check on the progress of Multimedia TRs and check that they are on track
  • ACTION: Jamie to check with James whether that is ok

EngineeringUnits/Management/Meetings/2011-03-07 (last modified 2011-03-07 18:00:18)