EngineeringUnits/Management/Meetings
<< <  2020 / 8 >  >>
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31            

Techleads meetings: Mondays 5pm UTC and Thursdays 9:30am UTC

Agenda

Owner

Topic

Loïc

GSoC

Joey

short: Monthly releases

Joey

short: problems & enhancements

James

patches

Paul E. McKenney

Organization of blueprints for next cycle

your name here

add your own

Actions from previous meeting

  • ACTION: Techleads to schedule time for TSC call
  • ACTION: Steve to test libjpeg-turbo in developer images.
  • ACTION: Stephen to update hardware allocation table and to ship units to priority lists
  • ACTION: Matt to communicate role of restructured mentor team with techleads.
  • ACTION: scott to ask fsl about opening up the port for internal IRC.
  • ACTION: Scott to check the AttendingEvents page and state what is missing if anything.

  • ACTION: asac to check the AttendingEvents page and state what is missing if anything.

  • ACTION: Steve and Alexander to discuss who to send to Canonical Ubuntu platform sprint.
  • ACTION: Jamie to check that 3rd Thursday of the month works, and then communicate the decision if it is fine.
  • ACTION: Jamie to find out if there is room for Codethink at UDS.
  • ACTION: Jamie to find out more about what Codethink want to do at UDS.
  • ACTION: james_w to ask Charlie about progress on getting new numbers for new conference system
  • ACTION: techleads should tell james_w if you have important IS requests that aren't getting traction.
  • ACTION: kiko to talk to Paul McKenney about whether the KWG is making good progress on workitems

  • ACTION: Jesse to check the workitems for the high prio graphics TRs to see what is going on.
  • ACTION: Sachin to check on the progress of Multimedia TRs and check that they are on track.
  • ACTION: Steve to check on status of devplatform TRs.
  • ACTION: Michael to check on the status of toolchain TRs.
  • ACTION: Anyone with NEON workitems should send an update on their status to kiko.
  • ACTION: Michael to invite asac to Meego call.

Attendees

  • Andy Green
  • Angus Ainslie
  • Amit Kucheria
  • David Rusling
  • James Westby
  • Jamie Bennett
  • Michael Hope
  • Alexander Sack
  • Christian Reis
  • Jesse Barker
  • Joey Stanford
  • Loïc Minier
  • Paul Larson
  • Scott Bambrough
  • Stephen Doel
  • Steve Langasek
  • Paul McKenney

Minutes

  • CARRIEDOVER: Techleads to take a slot on Releases/1111/Schedule

  • Reminder to prepare for LDS/UDS to get the most out of it Events/2010-10-LDS

  • CARRIEDOVER: Steve to test libjpeg-turbo in developer image
  • DONE: Stephen updated hardware allocation wiki page
  • DONE: Matt sent out an email with the renamed and refreshed mentors team
  • ACTION: Scott and Kiko to discuss FSL's IRC issues
  • DONE: Scott to check the AttendingEvents page and state what is missing if anything.

  • DONE: asac to check the AttendingEvents page and state what is missing if anything.

    • Still feels this is not enough to guide people to decide who to send where
    • Kiko and Stephen had discussed that, and it would be decided on a case by case basis
    • ACTION: Joey and Stephen to structure /Process pages
  • CARRIEDOVER: Steve and Alexander to discuss who to send to Canonical Ubuntu platform sprint.
    • asac would like to see people working on Ubuntu, especially leads, go
  • DONE: Jamie to check that 3rd Thursday of the month works, and then communicate the decision if it is fine.
    • Even third Thursday of December works fine (15th this year)
  • DONE: Jamie to find out if there is room for Codethink at UDS
    • Marianna will arrange for one
  • DONE: Jamie to find out more about what Codethink want to do at UDS
    • See David Barths team for Canonical, Team Building and to work with Linaro
  • DONE: james_w to ask Charlie about progress on getting new numbers for new conference system
    • Charlie escalated to provider; being looked at; wont turn old system until that's fixed
  • DONE: techleads should tell james_w if you have important IS requests that aren't getting traction.
    • Make sure you communicate priorities to James and Joey
  • DONE: kiko to talk to Paul McKenney about whether the KWG is making good progress on workitems

    • Most WIs are in good shape; some blueprints have WIs which are not granular enough
    • DT will also need followup work
  • DONE: Jesse to check the workitems for the high prio graphics TRs to see what is going on
    • More than one TR was using the same WIs
  • Loïc and OCTO to talk about Multimedia WG topics in OCTO meeting
  • CARRIEDOVER: Sachin to check on the progress of Multimedia TRs and check that they are on track
  • DONE: Steve to check on status of devplatform TRs
    • Status is accurate, some blueprints are behind schedule
  • DONE: Michael to check on the status of toolchain TRs
    • MichaelH and Mounir checked, status of all bps accurate
  • Reminder: anyone with NEON workitems should send an update on their status to kiko
    • Kiko is trying to track what we do around in NEON in Linaro
  • DONE: Michael to invite asac to Meego call
  • GSoC: reminder to contribute to GSoC/IdeasList

    • Ideally, self-contained, not too big projects; complex is ok if that's clearly documented
    • Avoid requiring specific field knowledge
    • Example projects: data-driven dpkg diversions support, some dpkg multiarch bits
  • Joey's topics: covered earlier
  • Patches: reminder to Cc: patches@linaro.org when submitting patches; too little received so far

    • Bazaar branches for Linaro internal developments?
      • Not right now; members primarily interested in upstream stats
    • ACTION: James to send list of patches/submitters to Stephen Doel and/or tech leads as to allow people to review who is Cc:ing patches properly

  • Should we use the same TR layout for blueprints?
    • ACTION: Paul and Kiko to discuss this
    • Could we have them in the owning Launchpad projects?
      • Needs config/code changes

Actions from this meeting

  • CARRIEDOVER: Techleads to take a slot on Releases/1111/Schedule

  • CARRIEDOVER: Steve to test libjpeg-turbo in developer image
  • ACTION: Scott and Kiko to discuss FSL's IRC issues
  • CARRIEDOVER: Steve and Alexander to discuss who to send to Canonical Ubuntu platform sprint.
  • CARRIEDOVER: Sachin to check on the progress of Multimedia TRs and check that they are on track
  • ACTION: James to send list of patches/submitters to Stephen Doel and/or tech leads as to allow people to review who is Cc:ing patches properly

  • ACTION: Paul and Kiko to discuss TR layout for blueprints

EngineeringUnits/Management/Meetings/2011-03-03 (last modified 2011-03-03 19:13:03)