Attendees

  • Alexander Sack
  • Steve Langasek
  • Scott Bambrough
  • Guillaume Letellier

Minutes

  • slangasek: reported on debconf
    • migrating to upstart in debian
    • seems to go ahead for squeeze+1
    • multiarch still blocked; needs work with LSB and FHS to make this happen; slangasek main driver for linaro/ubuntu
    • tried to convince the arm port users to use toolchain; technically arm porters need to opt-in; doko said once debian wants that its possible to make it available.
      • not much we can do to lead the decision or even trigger discussion; debian arm folks are aware and is their call to pull linaro toolchain in.
    • who are the key arm porters in debian folks: riku, aurelien, sanders, colin tuckley (maybe pegatron guy?)
  • GPLv3 + linaro
    • asac wondered if the non-upstart init from debian could still be supported
    • scottb points out that automotive systems probably dont need to use upstart
    • scottb: license report is produced by lexbuilder and will be exported as text and pdf
      • currently you can access it through the lexbuilder UI.
  • meego + linaro - odd things happen and the mode of operation/commitment is a bit unclear atm; asac to try to get update to meego from anmar
  • feature freeze: linaro-release team created; so for now linaro-release has to proxy and filter FFe requests
    • linaro-release team can grant FFe even if ubuntu release doesn't: this would mean that things go into PPA
    • jamie is not there for this week release meeting: slangasek stepped up to take over
    • scottb: zyga and plars said they can't deliver for feature freeze; they will upload to ppa; work is not feature freeze relevant.
    • slangasek: for things that needs to be in image we should try to get FFe for ubuntu before falling back to ppa
    • scottb: hwpack tools might need feature freeze exception
    • asac: we shouldn't push something completely broken before FF just to avoid FFe
    • scottb: plars wants to get expect-lite in universe; same FF applies; asac mentions that he should ask to get review from one of the core devs in linaro to avoid being blocked by revu backlog etc.
  • loic came back with a genesi system from debconf
  • steve pointed out that debian seems to lack hardware; ACTION: scott suggested to point TSC in that direction (donation?); ACTION: steve to find contact point in debian for hardware donation
  • scottb:
    • kiko asked scottb to contact TSC to figure who is interested in various infrastructure projects like: lexbuilder, QA and derived archive
      • scottb wrote to TSC members regarding infrastructure work, next step is to talk to them individually
      • third go around now; before worked mostly on licensing with TSC members; notes from 22nd Jul raised the question why the team is so large; communication needs to be improved
    • scottb wrote up documentation on lexbuilder
      • scottb to send out the lexbuilder overview to TSC and TLs
    • scottb needs to write overview for qa-infrastructure, dashboard
    • scottb to create local demo system for lexbuilder and qa stuff so scottb can demo it face to face.
      • scottb to visit all TSCs and demo and get on site feedback
    • lexbuilder has lots on dependencies in source tree; some cleanup ongoing to make it use system libs before making a real package
    • asac wondered if members ever suggested a secondee for infrastructure team; scottb has a first qa person that paul is currently interviewing!!

EngineeringUnits/Management/Meetings/2010-08-09 (last modified 2010-08-11 15:55:19)