- asac: welcome calls to 7 new assignees went quite well; lot's of bridge building to be done still, but things are moving.
- kiko currently works on marketing presentation about 10.11 deliverables and also defines the dates for 11.05 cycle
- kiko had discussion on mentors: we are working a plan for mentors to come in, plan is to get them on board in the next month
- mentors are like ubuntu community team; need special personality to teach things and help out; also have a feedback responsibility;
- their core objective is to make members productive as fast as possible
- leads should see the mentors coming in as people you can entrust to get assignees up to speed
- people that go on site for a week or two
- assignee might have local language knowledge
- training on practical work; hands on training
- might be more effective if they have some centralized organization; centralised. packaging training sessions, kernel development, or upstreaming patches
- mentors would work on the units in a kind of dedicated fashion; to ensure more depth of mentoring
- david today had meeting with jamie on talk with landing team to ARM; went great.
- UDS: we should send out requests for UDS now; david to send mail to TSC to trigger the discussion.
EngineeringUnits/Management/Meetings/2010-08-05 (last modified 2010-08-05 17:36:12)