Thursday 3rd March 2011

Previous Actions Recorded

Agenda

Announcements

  • Thanks all for Alpha-3 testing
  • Linaro GCC 4.5 and 4.6 2011-03 released
  • Linaro GDB 7.2 2011-03 released
  • Linaro QEMU 2011.03-1 released
  • New hardware pack to test, lt-mx53loco

People Present

Action item review

  • None

Image status

  • Build status Ubuntu derivatives
  • Build status Android

Bugs

Bug

Priority

Description

Notes

708883

Critical

Panda board shuts down during boot

hrw reports its working for him now, needs more investigations

720055

Critical

CONFIG_OMAP2_DSS_SDI on OMAP4 causes: Unhandled fault: imprecise external abort (0x1406) at 0x2ada61a8

next version of kernel will have CONFIG_OMAP2_DSS_SDI turned off (breaks n900)

Progress Information

Team reports

Meeting Log

Started logging meeting in #linaro-meeting
[17:01:24] <JamieBennett> [LINK] https://wiki.linaro.org/Releases/WeeklyReleaseMeeting/2011-03-10
[17:01:46] <JamieBennett> [TOPIC] Announcements
[17:01:51] <JamieBennett> Thanks all for Alpha-3 testing
[17:02:02] <JamieBennett> We got some testing, new bugs e.t.c
[17:02:16] <JamieBennett> results are at http://qatracker.linaro.org/
[17:02:26] <JamieBennett> We do need more thought
[17:02:29] <JamieBennett> though
[17:02:51] <JamieBennett> Today is weekly testing day so if you have a board please test the images at snapshots.linaro.org
[17:03:45] <JamieBennett> more announcements
[17:03:51] <JamieBennett> Linaro GCC 4.5 and 4.6 2011-03 released
[17:03:55] <JamieBennett> Linaro GDB 7.2 2011-03 released
[17:03:58] <JamieBennett> Linaro QEMU 2011.03-1 released
[17:04:05] <JamieBennett> congrats to all involved
[17:04:40] <JamieBennett> we also have a new hardware pack to test, lt-mx53loco
[17:04:58] <JamieBennett> not sure if anyone outside the LT has one of these boards but if you do then its available
[17:05:26] <JamieBennett> anyone else have a release related announcement to share?
[17:06:19] <JamieBennett> ok
[17:06:28] <JamieBennett> [TOPIC] Action item review
[17:06:41] <JamieBennett> mounir to investigate the status of the Panda display problem
[17:07:14] <mounir> JamieBennett, bug 720055 has a fix by jcrigby and can be closed
[17:07:14] <ubot2> Launchpad bug 720055 in linux-linaro-omap "CONFIG_OMAP2_DSS_SDI on OMAP4 causes: Unhandled fault: imprecise external abort (0x1406) at 0x2ada61a8" [Critical,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/720055
[17:07:32] <JamieBennett> but not released yet?
[17:08:01] <mounir> it is a config option change will be in the new packages
[17:08:25] <JamieBennett> mounir: OK, is there any issue with us breaking the n900 panel with that config change?
[17:09:24] <JamieBennett> or do we not care about that atm?
[17:09:25] <mounir> JamieBennett, that was discussed in the kernel meeting and the thought is to close this one. Then open a new one if N900 got affected
[17:09:28] <jcrigby> mounir, that will happen automatically when the fixed kernel hits the archive
[17:09:51] <JamieBennett> OK, makes sense. I suppose if no-one complains ;)
[17:09:58] <jcrigby> ok
[17:10:02] <JamieBennett> mounir to ask the kernel team to triage bugs at https://bugs.launchpad.net/linux-linaro
[17:10:13] <JamieBennett> we still have a lot of untriaged bugs :(
[17:10:36] * joey has a quick topic when there is time.
[17:10:40] <JamieBennett> specifically at the ubuntu side of that https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-linaro
[17:10:52] <JamieBennett> joey OK, we have AOB and this will be a short meeting
[17:10:55] <mounir> not much, good work happened on the bugs last week
[17:11:28] <slangasek> shouldn't Ubuntu bugs be filed against the actual source package names instead of linux-linaro (we have split sources)?
[17:11:28] <mounir> I see only 2 new bugs under linux-linaro and one of them was opened today
[17:11:50] <JamieBennett> mounir: can you continue to ask the team to take a look at the kernel bugs ? Ones at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-linaro need lots of attention
[17:12:00] <JamieBennett> slangasek: yes, we need to move some of the bugs also
[17:12:07] <JamieBennett> to their correct place
[17:12:16] <JamieBennett> hence more triage :)
[17:13:11] <lool> slangasek: Especially when linux-linaro goes away (it will go away right?)
[17:13:16] <slangasek> lool: it's already gone
[17:13:17] <mounir> JamieBennett, yes will do. I looked at the bugs most of them are being worked, they need more cleanup, closure. I will keep at it
[17:13:19] <joey> JamieBennett: ok, I'll use email and the TLs meeting then. You can disregard my topics for today's mtg.
[17:13:36] <slangasek> but launchpad doesn't stop you from filing bug reports in the dev series against packages that aren't there
[17:14:04] <lool> slangasek: Eh!
[17:14:11] <JamieBennett> joey: you can jump in on the next section?
[17:14:32] <joey> no it's ok. I'll use TLs mtg
[17:14:40] <JamieBennett> OK
[17:15:43] <JamieBennett> So we continually seem to have a triage problem with kernel bugs, if you get chance can people take a look to see if they are mis-filed or need some triage ktxbye ;)
[17:15:58] <JamieBennett> [TOPIC] Image Status
[17:16:10] <JamieBennett> Build status Ubuntu derivatives - tgall_foo
[17:16:27] <tgall_foo> nano - currently same as original headless
[17:16:27] <tgall_foo> - merge requests will drop the size by approx 60% (125 Meg down from 290 Meg)
[17:16:27] <tgall_foo> - See "Making linaro-nano smaller or Give up disk space for Lent" thread which involves the kernel side of the effort and please participate!
[17:16:27] <tgall_foo> developer - Good shape
[17:16:27] <tgall_foo> alip - Good shape
[17:16:29] <tgall_foo> Closed : bug 728674 closed (NOPASSWD for sudo)
[17:16:29] <ubot2> Launchpad bug 728674 in linaro-images "sudo doesn't work for linaro user on ALIP (NOPASSWD not set in sudoers)" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/728674
[17:16:31] <tgall_foo> Open: bugs 728692 (shutdown button) & 728681 (wrong audio device)
[17:16:32] <ubot2> Launchpad bug 728692 in linaro-images ""shutdown" button on desktop logs out instead" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/728692
[17:16:33] <tgall_foo> ubuntu-desktop - Good shape
[17:16:35] <tgall_foo> Closed : bug 728674 (NOPASSWD for sudo) 728760 (no default user)
[17:16:39] <tgall_foo> Open : bugs 728765 (firefox not defaulting to linaro.org), 728681 (wrong audio device)
[17:16:40] <ubot2> Launchpad bug 728765 in linaro-images "Ubuntu LEB: firefox launches firefox upstream webpage by default instead of Linaro.org" [Low,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/728765
[17:17:11] <tgall_foo> one data point I'll also pass along is for the alpha 3 testing, here's another way at looking at the coverage we had:
[17:17:21] <tgall_foo> By Hardware showing number of images tested on that board
[17:17:22] <tgall_foo> Beagle 1/4
[17:17:22] <tgall_foo> Beagle Xm 3/4
[17:17:22] <tgall_foo> IGEP 1/4
[17:17:22] <tgall_foo> iMX51 1/4
[17:17:22] <tgall_foo> Overo 0/4
[17:17:24] <tgall_foo> Panda 4/4
[17:17:26] <tgall_foo> Samsung Orion 0/4
[17:17:28] <tgall_foo> U8500 0/4
[17:17:30] <tgall_foo> Versatile Express 4/4
[17:17:43] <tgall_foo> that's it for me ... questions ?
[17:18:07] <JamieBennett> tgall_foo: I see your nano suggestions on the ML, do you think we can slim it down to 64mb installed without drastic changes?
[17:18:41] <tgall_foo> JamieBennett, it's within the realm of the possible, to me getting to 64 is the next major iteration
[17:19:02] <lool> I wonder whether we could use udebs instead of debs
[17:19:23] <lool> but that's probably for another cycle, ignore me :-)
[17:19:28] <tgall_foo> lool, ot
[17:19:34] <tgall_foo> lool, it's a good suggestion
[17:19:58] <JamieBennett> something to look into
[17:20:02] <lool> (would be a good compromise between initramfs-tools based initrd and full blown image)
[17:20:23] <JamieBennett> tgall_foo: also, do you consider ALIP and Developer complete for this cycle or are there changes due?
[17:21:05] <tgall_foo> JamieBennett, I think developer is feature complete .. and ALIP there is the suggestion to move to a more lightweight browser, that'd be the only change I envision there
[17:21:24] <JamieBennett> tgall_foo: OK, thanks
[17:22:06] <JamieBennett> Build status Android
[17:22:36] <JamieBennett> so patrikryd will do this section each week but he's celebrating 10 years of marriage today so you have me ;)
[17:23:04] <JamieBennett> We currently build for 3 platforms, Beagle XM, Panda and u8500
[17:23:19] <JamieBennett> results can be found at https://android-build.linaro.org/jenkins/
[17:23:50] <JamieBennett> we need more testing of images though
[17:24:11] <JamieBennett> eventually there will be a front-end to the builds which has been mocked up at https://android-build.linaro.org/mockup/
[17:24:44] <JamieBennett> with some people being able to set their own builds up from the front-end
[17:25:09] <JamieBennett> There are changes being made to linaro-media-create to support Android at the moment
[17:25:19] <JamieBennett> EOF
[17:25:22] <JamieBennett> questions?
[17:26:36] <JamieBennett> OK
[17:26:37] <JamieBennett> [TOPIC] Bugs summary
[17:26:51] <JamieBennett> no one added bugs this week so we must be all happy
[17:26:56] <JamieBennett> two I added are
[17:27:10] <JamieBennett> bug 708883
[17:27:11] <ubot2> Launchpad bug 708883 in linux-linaro "Panda board shuts down during boot" [Critical,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/708883
[17:27:24] <JamieBennett> bug 720055
[17:27:25] <ubot2> Launchpad bug 720055 in linux-linaro-omap "CONFIG_OMAP2_DSS_SDI on OMAP4 causes: Unhandled fault: imprecise external abort (0x1406) at 0x2ada61a8" [Critical,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/720055
[17:27:56] <JamieBennett> both Panda related, seems like jcrigby is on top of them though
[17:27:59] <slangasek> I added my bugs last week, this week is for resolving them :)
[17:28:53] <JamieBennett> slangasek: added them on the wiki page ? https://wiki.linaro.org/Releases/WeeklyReleaseMeeting/2011-03-03
[17:29:12] <slangasek> ah, no
[17:29:16] <jcrigby> do we need a bug to justify adding lttng?
[17:29:24] <slangasek> I meant added in LP
[17:29:34] <tgall_foo> JamieBennett, I have a list based mostly from testing results from qatracker ... what's the litmus test for having them on wiki page ?
[17:29:37] <slangasek> JamieBennett: ^^ do you want a FFe bug for lttng?
[17:29:58] <JamieBennett> jcrigby: yes, we can track it that way
[17:30:16] <jcrigby> ok
[17:30:33] <JamieBennett> tgall_foo: if they are HIGH or above or if you you subscribe the ~linaro-release team
[17:30:46] <JamieBennett> in any projects that affect the images
[17:31:27] <tgall_foo> k, thanks
[17:31:44] <JamieBennett> so please use the Importance field and subscribe the release team if we need to keep it on the radar
[17:31:59] <JamieBennett> anyone else have interesting bugs to talk about?
[17:32:32] <JamieBennett> slangasek: I saw your bugs btw, thanks
[17:32:41] <JamieBennett> slangasek: now go assign them all to tgall_foo ;)
[17:33:29] <JamieBennett> so no more bug talk, everything is good then
[17:33:32] <JamieBennett> [TOPIC] Progress Discusion
[17:34:21] <JamieBennett> So this section is for teams to talk about any issues they have that affect the releases
[17:34:38] <JamieBennett> If all is well then this section will have nothing ;)
[17:34:50] <slangasek> no need, tgall_foo fixes them even when I don't assign them >:)
[17:35:00] <tgall_foo> ha!
[17:35:25] <JamieBennett> so slangasek, JesseBarker, tgall_foo, plars, james_w, mounir, others, any progress issues to raise for your teams?
[17:35:33] <JesseBarker> I don't think it affects the release per se, but we had licensing push-back on our Nux work.
[17:35:35] <james_w> no
[17:35:58] <JamieBennett> JesseBarker: what was the push back?
[17:36:10] <slangasek> no issues here of note
[17:36:14] <plars> nope
[17:36:40] <tgall_foo> no issues
[17:36:47] <JesseBarker> Nux is currently licensed [L]GPLv3 and ST-E and Freescale won't approve any work on any v3 licensed projects that are would be deployed on a product/device.
[17:36:48] <mounir> no issue
[17:37:31] <JamieBennett> JesseBarker: ah, what is the current thinking on how to proceed?
[17:37:58] <nytowl> JesseBarker, I think you'll get kickback from Samsung for v3 licensing
[17:38:04] <JesseBarker> We are pushing on Nux to relicense. Jay Taoko is taking it up with Canonical.
[17:38:18] <JesseBarker> nytowl, I think any member that ships devices will care!
[17:38:52] <JesseBarker> The compiz proper work is unaffected. This only affects the work on Nux, which enables the Unity plugin (no work is planned on Unity directly).
[17:39:12] <JamieBennett> JesseBarker: so Nux is essential to Unity 3D?
[17:39:32] <JesseBarker> Yes, Nux is an OpenGL toolkit that Unity uses for its 3D rendering.
[17:40:12] <JamieBennett> JesseBarker: I think we want to try to ship Unity 3D if possible so it is a release issue, thanks for the heads-up
[17:40:34] <JesseBarker> If the relicensing can go through, we should be okay, but we don't know yet. I'll follow up with you offline when I hear back.
[17:40:42] <JamieBennett> JesseBarker: thanks
[17:41:34] <JamieBennett> So the obligatory plug to monitor your teams progress at:
[17:41:35] <JamieBennett> [LINK] http://wiki.linaro.org/Status
[17:41:57] <JamieBennett> Beta is just around the courner
[17:42:02] <JamieBennett> corner
[17:42:07] <JamieBennett> 2011-03-31
[17:42:18] <JamieBennett> and final freeze at 2011-04-14
[17:42:52] <JamieBennett> [TOPIC] AOB
[17:43:01] <JamieBennett> Anything else to raise?
[17:43:25] <nytowl> Whats AOB ?
[17:43:34] <slangasek> 'any other business'
[17:43:36] <JesseBarker> Any Other Business.
[17:43:40] <nytowl> thx
[17:44:12] <JamieBennett> OK, well if there is please feel free to give me an irc poke and thanks for attending
[17:44:16] <JamieBennett> #endmeeting
Meeting ended.

IRC Paste Text

#startmeeting
[LINK] https://wiki.linaro.org/Releases/WeeklyReleaseMeeting/2011-03-10
[TOPIC] Announcements
[TOPIC] Action item review
[TOPIC] Image Status
[TOPIC] Bugs summary
[LINK] https://wiki.linaro.org/Releases/WeeklyReleaseMeeting/2011-03-10#Bugs
[TOPIC] Progress Discusion
[TOPIC] Team reports
All team reports are collated at:
[LINK] http://wiki.linaro.org/Status
[TOPIC] AOB
#endmeeting

Cycles/WeeklyReleaseMeeting/2011-03-10 (last modified 2011-04-15 19:44:49)