Release Review: 2012.11
Created: David Zinman <david.zinman AT linaro DOT org>
Release Review: 2012.11
- Key Points for wider discussion
- Blueprint Bump List
- Developer Platform
- Power Management
- Samsung Landing Team
Key Points for wider discussion
Blueprint Bump List
- we were able to achieve BPs which get added in the middle of the cycle as they were highest priority task i.e 4.2 upgrade.
- Getting 4.2 done even though it appeared rather close to the end of the cycle.
- bhoj, for taking on his new leadership role
- new starters ramping up very quickly
- reacted well to mid cycle change
- really cared about finishing and cross team efforts
- Some of the BPs did not show progress since they had external dependencies.
- Our priorities cannot be escalated to member companies
- The team had to stretch due to the work getting added in the middle of the cycle.
- Need to prioritize the work when it comes in the middle of the cycle like upgrading few of the boards when release comes in the middle of the cycle.
- Just because a release keeps the same name doesn't mean it's a minor update - the differences between JB 4.1 and JB 4.2 are at least as big as (probably bigger than) those between ICS (4.0) and JB 4.1.
- "Device A works" implies "Device B works" even less than one would expect
- Need to think about how we can improve builds and automation so that its more robust and how the team come together, despite our distances
- good support from Ubuntu on filed bugs
- bootstrap analysis now out in the wild
- It’s been very good to see last 2 years work all come together
- creating ARMv8 porting list, and writing the scripts were fun
- fairly typical cycle
- good, nothing out of the ordinary
- good to talk to other people at ELC/Connect
- Marcin is BACK!!!
- Good release with new team lead
- Good intro to more devplatform work
- Publishing a rough schedule and the current status of linux-linaro updates worked ok this cycle
- confusion on what work to do
- no card for work that needs to be done, therefore not approved
- Politics around the process: need better sign off for requirements
- Need to pay attention to Cards as well as blueprints
- ARMv8 needs to follow the process, but the team is not proactive enough
- Late updates to a topic caused some hot discussions (critical or not, add to ll or move to next cycle, respin the release tarballs or not)
- use the community when appropriate
- Need to get sign off for requirements
- communicate with as many people as possible so everyone know what has been done.
- learned the release process
- we should get involved with cards early on in the process
- politics need to be handled
- include the right stakeholders in communications to get the work going quickly
- got more practice in using launchpad tools, created a jira account (finally)
- 9/10 Wookie
- 7/10 Riku
- 8/10 Marcin
- 8.5/10 John
- 8/10 Fathi
- 7/10 Andrey
- chatting at connect and info gathering very productive for CI stuff
- shorter milestone due to connect (as usual)
- cleared a lot of issues
- happy with cooperation result this month with LAVA team
- Good productive cycle, connect was great
- infrastructure team had good visibility at connect
- Team did extremely well this month.
- transforming info gathered is a challenge: timezones, holidays
- after connect, there was less time for work, lack of resources, holidays
- did not have enough time for all the work based on the short cycle
- some support needed when work becomes overwhelming
- be more proactive with getting responses from people
- add meetings to peoples calendars
- when a bug takes a long time to complete, break it down into smaller steps.
- apply help to each individual projects
- difficult to do maintenance as well as normal duties.
- focus on your assigned tasks
- 8/10 James
- 8/10 Paul
- 7/10 Stevan
- 7/10 Danilo
Samsung Landing Team
Cycles/1211/Release/Review (last modified 2012-12-06 18:59:56)