- Finished Snowball Multimedia enablement.
- Updated all builds to AOSP ICS 4.0.4_r1.1.
- Switched all builds to 4.7.
- Updated base toolchain components MPFR and GMP.
- Ported htop to Android.
- Ported stressapptest to Android for big.LITTLE Testing.
- Implemented and ran weekly big.LITTLE tests.
- Integrated Versatile Express RTSM 3.4 Linux Kernel upgrade.
- Created a Versatile Express RTSM with the integrated switcher platform.
- Added android.inputmethodservice tests to the build and LAVA.
- Added android.bluetooth tests to the build and LAVA.
- Upgraded Samsung Origen to the 3.4 kernel with hardware acceleration.
- Added SMP tests to LAVA.
- Linaro Ubuntu switched to Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise) based images. The new set of images is built for ARM hard float (armhf) images.
- The perf test case available in lava-test was updated and improved.
- Linaro U-boot is now based on the latest upstream release v2012.04.1.
- Pre-built images are now provided in a daily basis thus helping users that don't want or can't use linaro-media-create.
Continuous Multi-Arch fixes for Ubuntu Precise (12.04), improving the cross-build support considerably: http://people.linaro.org/~wookey/buildd/precise/sbuild-ma/status.html
- Developer Platform images now provide support for the big.LITTLE integrated switcher and A15 Fast Models with KVM kernel
- Weekly testing coverage of the big.LITTLE project (both with the reference and integrated switcher)
- Linux Linaro 12.04 was released, with more than 20 topics/branches integrated, including Landing Team support for ARM Vexpress and Samsung Origen targets
Restricted Android artifacts are published on http://snapshots.linaro.org/android/~linaro-android-restricted/, protected using openid authentication.
- Snowball binary update is semi-automated using CI.
- The Linaro Compiz GL ES changes were applied as a distribution patch for the ARM build of Compiz in the Ubuntu archive and are now available in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise Pangolin) release.
- An extension to the EGL specification is proposed to allow the creation of an EGLImage from a dma-buf handle (file descriptor).
- Documentation now added to GLProxy's API.
- Linaro restricted git server is created. Linaro members and permitted guests can access private builds.
- DT support for Samsung SPI and Display Controller are added.
- A more robust and modular end to end audio test application is now available for Ubuntu.
- New gstreamer family of packages in support of UMM development based on upstream.
- New version of Firefox which includes gstream support for HTML 5 video.
- Refreshed version of libjpeg-turbo (including bug fix for Ubuntu reported defect).
- Initial audio LEB validation suite for landing team engineers.
- ARMv6 optimizations for VP8 in libav.
- tjunittest from libjpeg-turbo added to LAVA.
Initial ucm for android added to Linaro Android build for PandaBoard.
- cpufreq-based thermal management work is merged for i.MX and Origen platforms.
- cpuidle was refreshed for all members platforms since several patches have now been accepted in Linux 3.4 Kernel.
- Our first GCC 4.7 based release, including updates to GCC 4.7.0+svn186061.
- Better use of 16 bit Thumb-2 instructions for smaller code size.
- Implements 64 bit ones complement in NEON.
- Adds support for the ARMv6 saturation instructions.
- Backports the NEON lexer improvements for faster compilation.
- Backports the 64 bit multiply, divide, and mod improvements.
- ppoll syscall now supported in ARM linux-user mode.
- The SETEND instruction in the Thumb encoding now UNDEFs to match behaviour for the ARM encoding.
- The OMAP36xx UART FIFO status registers are now implemented.
- gdbserver can now be compiled with Android's toolchain.
- Additional fixes from the GDB 7.4 branch, one of them being that it doesn't require makeinfo to build anymore.
- Binary toolchain switched to the new GCC 4.7 based Linaro GCC. It adds native language support to most of the programs and also the mudflap, ssp, and gomp runtime libraries. gnu_unique_object support in GCC is enabled.
- Support added for custom android command.
- tjbench support added to lava-android-test. The results are available on validation.linaro.org.
Cycles/1204/Release/Highlights (last modified 2012-04-26 18:48:51)